This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

justme

hi all,

thinking of getting a towable access MEWP, not sure which type yet, just need it for a job, willing to buy one outright, is there a market for me sub out myself and the cherry picker? would be willing to travel and overnight stays where required

cheers

ps
have all the relevant licenses, H & S policies, wfp & trad gear and insurance, method statements etc etc

Elginn

Re: is there a market for cherry picker n window cleaner subbing
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 06:52:02 pm »
Have a word with J.V.Price a member on here they do this type of work all the time.

cvdewsbury

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 07:28:33 pm »
hi all,

thinking of getting a towable access MEWP, not sure which type yet, just need it for a job, willing to buy one outright, is there a market for me sub out myself and the cherry picker? would be willing to travel and overnight stays where required

cheers

ps
have all the relevant licenses, H & S policies, wfp & trad gear and insurance, method statements etc etc

I would of thought you would get the call for it within yr area,in my area the same w/cleaner with the access puts all the xmas lights up so theres another line for you to consider....which area are you based?

justme

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 07:37:30 pm »
lancs not far from manchester

mark saville

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 08:17:51 pm »

If you decide to go for it, keep my number as i do work in manchester & north west.

May be interested depending on what picker you have & costs

07788 503775, Archer window cleaning

trevor perry

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 08:43:13 pm »
what height of cherrypicker are you thinking of getting.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

justme

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 08:55:38 pm »
going to look into it, i have a new defender 90 which will tow upto 3 1/2 ton so i could go nuts and get the biggest,

but is getting the tallest the wisest as a smallish one for access problem places, what do you think

NWH

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 08:59:46 pm »
I`ve also looked into this and am doing so at the moment,there ideal for commercial cladding cleaning and gutter cleaning where the pole can be used off of it.Once you get 1 and word gets round i`m sure that hiring it out to other WC`s would be inevitable,i looked at 1 and the guy said the 1 i was looking at was about 10-12k.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2008, 11:24:09 am »
if you have sufficient funds then get a teupen it will  work inside on uneven ground gives you lots of potential work.
Spit and polish

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2008, 07:50:17 pm »
Hi

Would agree with Jason would go for a tracked spider lift type if you have the money much better than a towable nifty for example, you are looking at about £30,000 for one and trailer but we hire them out for about £500 a week machine only then your looking upto £200 a day for an operator.

Only peoblem with machines this size is they don't have great payloads in the cage so if you have a guy and a hose from a pressure washer haging off the cage they keep cutting out because of the weight.

good luck