This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

commercial and rinsing
« on: July 04, 2008, 08:45:02 pm »
If your cleaning at fifty feet or more, it's very unlikely you will be rinsing with the brush off the glass - so does it make much difference?
 Also, with a residential first clean most of us go round twice for the first clean (well i do). So what happens with a large commercial first clean ....... can't see anyone's going to do it twice?

macmac

Re: commercial and rinsing
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 08:51:42 pm »
There's no black or white in this game dave, it depends on many factors- method, flow rate, brush type & the state of the windows to start with.

If you have specific problems you can contact me if you think it would help. ;)

Tony

ftp

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 09:36:45 pm »
A fine offer Sir Tony.  ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 09:47:09 pm »
If your cleaning at fifty feet or more, it's very unlikely you will be rinsing with the brush off the glass - so does it make much difference?
 Also, with a residential first clean most of us go round twice for the first clean (well i do). So what happens with a large commercial first clean ....... can't see anyone's going to do it twice?

If I want to be sure of the result at 55ft I use a technique that a lot of people use - a partial rinse off the glass.  Tilt the brush head onto one edge, rinse down one section of the pane, move the brush along, continue doing so until the final section you have the edge of the brush on the edge of the frame. 

For a commercial first clean that is very dirty I usually clean twice - scrub well, rinse off, do the window next to it, come back scrub again and rinse off a final time and then go on to do a second clean on the next window.  Do this all the way around the building.

ftp

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 09:55:03 pm »
Hmm thanks Alex, i don't have much experience of commercial so wondered how it was done. Picked up a good one the other week and cleaned it a couple of days ago - opened my eyes a bit on where to make the best money! I know which flats the management team live in (40' up) so they get a bit more scrubbing and rinsing than the rest. ;)

matt

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 10:47:50 pm »
i dont rinse on commercail stuff

a word of advice on them flat, treat them as you would your domestics, as even though its commercail, people live in them and wil be very quick to complain

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 03:09:54 am »
I can understand what Alex Gardiner & NWH do with tilting the brush head half on and half off the glass at height but there really isn't any need to do that.
I swear by Tucker brushes. I could clean a filthy gutter and clogg up the bristles on the brush head, then go straight on to cleaning windows in the normal way with brush completely on the glass and by the time I've finished cleaning the glass the brush bristles are free of any trapped dirt so there is no need to rinse with the brush half on & half off at any height.
I'd also like to add that I use a high to very high flow of water at all times which helps to minimise a clogged brush head from remaining clogged when in wfp use on windows.

mark dew

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 03:33:15 am »
Where to buy a tucker brush that will fit most poles without modifying?
Does anyone sell them with pencil jets that will just screw on?

cvdewsbury

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 08:33:48 am »

So what happens with a large commercial first clean ....... can't see anyone's going to do it twice?

I would of thought most of us would take pride in our work therfore on a first clean we would price accordingley, so if it needed doing 2 or 3 times we would have it covered

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 08:51:20 am »

So what happens with a large commercial first clean ....... can't see anyone's going to do it twice?

I would of thought most of us would take pride in our work therfore on a first clean we would price accordingley, so if it needed doing 2 or 3 times we would have it covered

Bang on.

Really commercial are easier to do first clean, as you would have more drying time for the frames.  Go round do a run of frames and glass, by the time you've finished the run the frames have dried and then go back and just do the glass.

Simon.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 05:38:18 pm »

As far as rinsing goes, I often do what Alex describes in another post.  As for the clean once or clean twice question I often do as follows (on large jobs)  -  IF it's a regular repeat clean that's required :-  I explain the pros and cons to the customer and give them the choice.  If they are more convcerned about saving money on the first clean I let them know that it may take longer to get up to standard.  If they are more interested in getting a decent job, I charge a lot more for the first one.  Some of them genuinely appreciate being given the choice.

007 or what

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 07:17:08 pm »
Do you have the website address for tucker please