This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

justme

best stand off bracket
« on: July 04, 2008, 10:49:36 am »
hi guys,

i need a stand off bracket, have been using the microlite but so bloody heavy and the springs are real pigs to get on and off as the 2 alternative settings are too slack on the rungs and have stretch em to the next rung down, they tend to fly off if  i'm not careful which really hurts the knuckles. the scenario i need it for is as follows:-

1970's houses, semi's and detached, square bay downstairs, big slippy plastic sill upstairs, the roof above the bay is made of tiny easy beak tiles and too too steep to stand on. the last window cleaner used a double alloy dug into grass then onto sill's. i don't want to do this way for two reasons,
1. 9ft wide windows means a little bit over stretching required, i've had slippy probs before on these type of sill.

2. these type of sills are only siliconed in and i weigh 17 stone so again a bit iffy

3. (i know i said 2 reasons) the gardens and lawns are immaculate so i feel guilty putting huge divet holes in the lawns (plus i have articulated feet on all my ladders)......now before all you wfp guys get started....the windows are old and DEFINITELY not suitable for a pole system.

i tried a light weight stan off yesterday which was fine for normal ladder operation but when i put it on the shallow angle to get above the bays / dormers i squished it like a bug....any ideas or advice appreciated

justme

Re: best stand off bracket
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 10:27:44 pm »
sorted....i had a huge massive "u" of alloy from a job years ago....cut it down so its about 2 foot wide and 18 inches deep....u bolted it onto the ladder, went to my mates, tried it out on his dormer....perrrrfffeeeect...well chuffed

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 10:34:12 pm »
hi guys,

now before all you wfp guys get started....the windows are old and DEFINITELY not suitable for a pole system.
Take a look at my website , look under domestics and you will see me cleaning windows that were installed in the 14th century, with WFP, I'm sure yours arn't any older  ;D ;D ;)

justme

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 04:18:17 am »
like i said....windows not suitable for wfp.....nothing else to say.....even if your the best water fedder in world..rotten, poorly maintained frames can't be done.....