This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tompoole

flo jet on demand pump
« on: July 03, 2008, 08:56:46 pm »
hi,

If you fit a flojet ondemand pump will you still need to use a varistreem controller?

m.b.s.

Re: flo jet on demand pump
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 08:59:32 pm »
i dont just use microbore and flow tap just right flow imo but others will say different mines a 60 psi flowjet had mine like this for nearly a year now no probs

TVCS

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 09:07:31 pm »
I had a 100psi flojet.  when it died I replaced it with a shurflo with varistream. When this pump dies I will be going back to the flojet with no varistream, just a tap on the pole.
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

m.b.s.

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 09:46:24 pm »
I had a 100psi flojet.  when it died I replaced it with a shurflo with varistream. When this pump dies I will be going back to the flojet with no varistream, just a tap on the pole.
why is this as never used shurflow or veristream

pjulk

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 10:10:44 pm »
No you don't need it keep it simple far less to go wrong

I have a couple of flojets and no varistream no bypass and they are 3 years old never had a problem.

I have either taps or triggers on my poles.
When i press the trigger or turn the tap the pumps start and the water flows and when i release the trigger or turn of the tap the water stops and the pump/s stop.

I turn my pumps on in the morning and they are left that way until i finish for the day.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 10:17:17 pm »
Flojet 12v 7.6Lpm Duplex II- two piston By-pass pump from www.dualpumps.co.uk Part no  D3135H1411AR has an internal by pass and doesnt need a pressure switch £124 dont forget the 1/2"x3/8" Hose barbs. Tel 01664 567226 its what the trade now use.

ronnie paton

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 10:52:46 pm »
is it just me but my pump is always on even when my control vslve is off should it not be

pjulk

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 11:00:43 pm »
I think it depends what pump you have.

If you have an on demand pump it should shut off unless you have a bypass fitted then it will keep running

pjulk

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 12:17:35 am »
Your battery will just run down quicker if your pumps always running

neil100

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 06:39:56 pm »
is it just me but my pump is always on even when my control vslve is off should it not be, does this make a difference??

Yes,the flowjet pumps are not designed to run continuesly, they have a pressure switch which switches the pump off when the hose has enough water pressure. Turn valve on pump starts, turn valve off pump stops.

Neil

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 07:09:25 pm »
is it just me but my pump is always on even when my control vslve is off should it not be, does this make a difference??

Yes,the flowjet pumps are not designed to run continuesly, they have a pressure switch which switches the pump off when the hose has enough water pressure. Turn valve on pump starts, turn valve off pump stops.

Neil

It all depends on which model pump you have as Paul says.

If it has a pressure switch it will cut off when a control valve is closed on the hose. (Providing there are NO leaks between the pump and the valve).

If it has an internal bypass it will keep running all the time. It will only stop when power is switched off.

Regards

Andrew