Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MNWC

For those that use two di cannisters
« on: July 01, 2008, 10:00:07 pm »

How much resin do you save when you use two di cannisters.

Ive been putting my old spent resin in a tub and it soon builds up .

So was wandering how much resin you save if you put in new Resin in first di from ro then spent resin in second cannister

or should that be other way round.

Marcus...

maxwe11

Re: For those that use two di cannisters
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 10:11:20 pm »
spent first then fresh thats what i read on here  ;D

Dean Aspects

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 10:15:06 pm »
I use two and the spent resin usually last an extra month so far but i use two smaller di vessels at the moment would expect that to be longer when i get two larger vessels for the new van

alanwilson

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 10:19:10 pm »
yeah the older resin should go into the first vessel.

eg

out of ro - 015ppm
out of first di - 005ppm
out of second di - 000ppm

this is how we do it and we get about 3x as much life out of our resin.

using 3 or more vessels will improve life span even more.

try to use large vessels if you can, the water spends more time in contact with the resin which in turn increases life span even more and saves maintainance time
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Dean Aspects

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 10:24:54 pm »
Alan What size DI vessels do you use?

alanwilson

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 11:19:47 pm »
I think 18ltr

there's 2 after each ro (yeah I think they are about 18/20ltr)

there's one in each van as well (just in case), they're a bit smaller - prob 13ltr.

have a small stock of them in the workshop as well - a 5ltr one, a black one (9ltr I think), a brodex inline one (same as Ionics but refillable - 8ltrs ish) and a beast of a vessel, not sure what size but its about 40ltr

john tomkins

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 11:31:02 pm »

using 3 or more vessels will improve life span even more.

No it won't.
Once the first canister of resin is at the same level as from RO, then that's it..... throw it away.
Then put the 2nd canister where the first was until that too reaches the same level as the RO, then renew resin in the 1st and put that as the 2nd.

No waste and definately no need for a 3rd cannister.

alanwilson

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 11:33:13 pm »
what you find though is that the tds of the second has gone up before the first one is completely depleted, eg

ro - 015ppm
di 1 - 010pp,
di 2 - 004ppm

this happens with us every time - thats why we have the extra di in each van.

thanks

Dean Aspects

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 11:38:16 pm »
I think 18ltr

there's 2 after each ro (yeah I think they are about 18/20ltr)

there's one in each van as well (just in case), they're a bit smaller - prob 13ltr.

have a small stock of them in the workshop as well - a 5ltr one, a black one (9ltr I think), a brodex inline one (same as Ionics but refillable - 8ltrs ish) and a beast of a vessel, not sure what size but its about 40ltr

Wow i was just going to put two 10 ltr vessels in  ;D

Dean

dai

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 07:50:06 pm »
It's mainly a benefit to the DI only guys. My TDS is around 55 out of the tap, so I bin the first one when it gets to 50.
If I only had one vessel I would be binning it at 4, so for me the savings are considerable.
You have to keep a close watch on the tds coming out of no 1 though, I once let mine go to 150.

macmac

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 08:45:36 pm »
It's mainly a benefit to the DI only guys. My TDS is around 55 out of the tap, so I bin the first one when it gets to 50.
If I only had one vessel I would be binning it at 4, so for me the savings are considerable.
You have to keep a close watch on the tds coming out of no 1 though, I once let mine go to 150.

What brand resin is that with dai?

Tony

macmac

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 08:48:35 pm »
what you find though is that the tds of the second has gone up before the first one is completely depleted, eg

ro - 015ppm
di 1 - 010pp,
di 2 - 004ppm

thanks

I'll second that, i'm di only with tap tds 90ppm, using dowex resin my first vessel usually only reaches between 005-010 ppm before thesecond one starts to hit 001.

I've more than doubled my resin life since switching to 2 vessels 3.5 years ago. 2 x 11Ltr ones mine.

Tony

darragh windows

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 08:55:42 pm »

ro - 015ppm
di 1 - 010pp,
di 2 - 004ppm

thanks

I'll second that, i'm di only with tap tds 90ppm, using dowex resin my first vessel usually only reaches between 005-010 ppm before thesecond one starts to hit 001.

I've more than doubled my resin life since switching to 2 vessels 3.5 years ago. 2 x 11Ltr ones mine.

Tony
[/quote

my tap tds is 50 ,only tested this once before as i previously used ro. second resin tank  tds35 first tds2    both 11 litre tanks filled with 8 litres of dowex resin each
jamie

macmac

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 09:01:26 pm »

ro - 015ppm
di 1 - 010pp,
di 2 - 004ppm

thanks

Tony
[/quote

my tap tds is 50 ,only tested this once before as i previously used ro. second resin tank  tds35 first tds2    both 11 litre tanks filled with 8 litres of dowex resin each

Bet your resin vessels are not on your van are they?

Tony

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 09:10:57 pm »
I use 2 di's on van does save resin by quite a bit I was changing every 2 weeks, now every 6/7 weeks  depending on work load, it work  ;) Simple  ;D

macmac

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 09:16:34 pm »
I use 2 di's on van does save resin by quite a bit I was changing every 2 weeks, now every 6/7 weeks  depending on work load, it work  ;) Simple  ;D

You're right, simple, the slower the flow rate through the resin- the more economical it becomes. ;)

Tony

dai

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 09:38:38 pm »
Dowex from Wintecs

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2008, 10:00:00 pm »
Dowex from Wintecs
yep also free delivery  ;D
www.wintecs.co.uk

steve a

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2008, 11:04:01 pm »

Dai is that right mate that the tds from the 1st can actually rise to more than the tap tds, I want to know as i have just added a second to my 40-40 ro system.

steve

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 11:47:34 pm »

Dai is that right mate that the tds from the 1st can actually rise to more than the tap tds, I want to know as i have just added a second to my 40-40 ro system.

steve

yes it can,

di sucks crap from water, the more it sucks out the more it will go up (plain english there) it will keep sucking in and going up till it cant do it anymore.