This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M.Acorn

Guild of master craftsmen ,worth joining ?
« on: May 29, 2008, 03:18:23 pm »
As it says in the title is anyone on here a member (of the guild  :) ) does it make any difference ?
What goes around comes around

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

Re: Guild of master craftsmen ,worth joining ?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 03:39:26 pm »
Hi Mark, I was a member of it about 12 years ago.
I don't think it carries much weight, although things may have changed since.
If I remember correctly there wasn't much of a vetting proceedure, you just paid your joining fee and that entitled you to use the logo.
I personally get far more out of check-a-trade as that is entirely dependant on feedback and reviews from clients you have worked for.

Just come back from Rhodes myself Mark, whereabouts where you ?

Steve

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 03:42:57 pm »
Always assumed it was for builders  ???
Why not join trade association appropriate to our trade ......... NCCA, IICRC, LMCCA, BiCs etc

M.Acorn

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 04:06:23 pm »
In Lindos ,Lindos gardens,3rd time we have been now,we got married there St pauls bay,
Not how prices have gone up though.Spent many a night in a bar called Amtika drinking margherittas had a great time,where were you ? We got taxi transfers from the airport my god he was doing 150 kph on the way to the appartments ! better than alton towers !
Yes i had always thought it was for builders ect

Neil Grainger

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 04:07:01 pm »
Because they are about as much use as a Choc Teapot Chris, and are about as known about in the public's eye as any other Trade association.

Try Joining your local Trading standards association, much better in my mind, I am just joining the Surrey groups trading standards and am looking into the Hampshire and Berkshire association.

People are only interested in the fact that you are not going to rip them off and do a good Job, not that you do this or that to get the Job done. NCCA and IICRC are for us not the public.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 04:34:53 pm »
We stayed at the Atlantica Imperial hotel in Kolymbia - 2nd year running.

Fantastic hotel, great food, great service and as you know bloody hot everyday !

We are looking into getting married too - either there or Ixia.

Mind you we have both got to get divorced first !!

M.Acorn

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 04:41:33 pm »
Ha ha quality  :) ,think my in laws are moving out there ,they have been going for the last 13 years !

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 05:55:46 pm »
If public do not know of NCCA , then i am not sure how i keep getting told that i was found via NCCA website ......... must be just mis-typing or coincidence  :o

*paul_moss

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 06:03:57 pm »
Looked at this a few years ago,they want around 350 quid for the logo use.
Dont use it  as its not worth a carrot and you wont get any extra business from it.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Neil Grainger

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 06:06:30 pm »
Chris, you are one of the lucky ones then or you dont have a director of NCCA in your area ;)

The only search I find the NCCA on is when customers just search Carpet Cleaning, never see it when they search Carpet Cleaning town and thats what most customers do, If they could set that up then it maybe worth something.

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 06:37:38 pm »
Mark

Put the money towards your next holiday.

Dave p

And blow hss and vax ???

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

PaulKing

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 08:33:01 pm »
FSB worth joining you actually get sometime out of it and invaluable if you have staff, also if i rember it's cheaper

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 08:37:33 pm »
As it says in the title is anyone on here a member (of the guild  :) ) does it make any difference ?

Did it for one year about 3 years ago. What a waste of time and money.

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 06:36:13 am »
Neil ....... must be luck, my boyish good looks or my pretty website, as Peter Collins is a stones throw from me and i see his van often  ;)

M.Acorn

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 03:03:33 pm »
Won`t bother even sending the slip back then ! yes need to start saving for it now spent too much ££ this time.
Would love to work the season over there ,there is a nice big club in lindos called the Ampitheatre which i would love a residency at also lot`s of other bars over there with Dj`s easier playing records than cleaning carpets