Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kris martin

Company Name
« on: May 28, 2008, 01:05:15 pm »
does it matter if another business as got the same name i want for mine?

WCE

Re: Company Name
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 01:08:37 pm »
If your both called ionics then yes they love to sue!!! Being serious now it dose not usually matter if you are not in the same area. There are thousands of crystal clear window cleaning companies for example. Although that said if there is company in the area you work with the same name it's prob. best to find something original!
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

kris martin

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 01:09:49 pm »
funny you should say that i have just seen a crystal clear window cleaning van in Burnley...

WCE

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 01:11:43 pm »
What name were you thinking of?

kris martin

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 01:14:00 pm »
i seen it somewhere recently    - Clear Vision-   and i have just checked yell.com and there is none near me... ,   i also like  -Pure Clean-

WCE

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 01:17:46 pm »
how about "Into Pure vision"? That way it would be different from the other two!

kris martin

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 01:20:36 pm »
sounds good and it would be better like that because there is a clear vision in huddersfield which is too close for my liking.

AJ

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 02:32:54 pm »
'Purer Vision'

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 03:05:43 pm »
As long as the name isn't a trademark or copywritten or a limited company you can call yourself what you like. It wouldn't be good practice to call yourself any name that is local to you.

It's basically you trading as "Whatever"

Hope this helps

Andrew

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 03:28:25 pm »

There was a time when you had to use your name or some version of it (e.g. initials) within the company title.  I believe that has been relaxed these days though.
Probably not a good idea to call it Windows either as you'll have Microsoft on your back   :)

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 05:13:56 pm »
Before you get carried away with some wonderful name, ask yourself this:  How many double glazing firms are there near you, all calling themselves similar names? Would you know one from another?

You need to stand out and be memorable, or it's a waste of time and money.

I truly believe that your own name is the best name for your business - people like to relate to someone they can recognise, and have confidence in.  I'm quite sure that in my area, people are coming to associate the name "Ian Lancaster" with window cleaning. 

And so they should, vans have Ian Lancaster Window Cleaner* on them and we do a constant leaflet drop  with the logo on them, as well as lots of (cheap ;)) local advertising.

mr D

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 05:25:09 pm »
Before you get carried away with some wonderful name, ask yourself this:  How many double glazing firms are there near you, all calling themselves similar names? Would you know one from another?

You need to stand out and be memorable, or it's a waste of time and money.

I truly believe that your own name is the best name for your business - people like to relate to someone they can recognise, and have confidence in.  I'm quite sure that in my area, people are coming to associate the name "Ian Lancaster" with window cleaning. 

And so they should, vans have Ian Lancaster Window Cleaner* on them and we do a constant leaflet drop  with the logo on them, as well as lots of (cheap ;)) local advertising.

very true . we have 2 companys called clear vision round here. one is a window cleaner the other is a window fitting company. what was he thinking?? every one thinks of the fitter not the cleaner. where do you live? what is your name? and the words window cleaning. use these in your company name and you wont go wrong.

mr D

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 05:33:34 pm »
or you could always be really corney and go for

coldplay cleaning
 8)

elite mike

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 05:36:19 pm »
how about

vista window cleaning  :D  :D

Pittmonkey

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 07:29:44 pm »
Have a look on here Kris

www.start.biz/business_names/index.php

BTW I wouldn't use PureClean it's a crap name  :)

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

kris martin

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 08:21:59 pm »
how about

vista window cleaning  :D  :D

i like this, thats clever...

kris martin

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 08:25:34 pm »

There was a time when you had to use your name or some version of it (e.g. initials) within the company title.  I believe that has been relaxed these days though.
Probably not a good idea to call it Windows either as you'll have Microsoft on your back   :)

my company name consists of my name at the moment but that is purely just for somthing to give the tax man, gonna do everything proper after my wedding in june, signed van, work uniform ( in some sense) bottom line is i want to look more professional and the name on the van i dont want to be my name, as anybody got any van recomendations, i was thinking of a new vauxhall vivaro..

thoughts on that anybody

kris

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 08:44:56 pm »
Nice van.

We have fitted loads of these out with systems. There are always decent deals to be had on them. Nissan Primastar springs to mind as well.

About the name. Think of how you want to portray yourself to your customers. Ian's points are very good (As usual) :)

It really depends on whether you want an impersonal corporate image which is good for commercial and high end work in which case a nice logo with Supa Clean or something like that (Its only a name I dragged up BTW) or if you want to be seen as the friendly local cleaner who poeple can trust and look pro at the same time then name as Ian suggests works best.

Regards

Andrew

kris martin

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 08:50:17 pm »
ive got an extremely large domestic customer base with good customer relations so would be looking for something that would attract commercial... i have commercial but only about 20% of my ropund..my plans are to have a couple of vans get people doing my residential and have commercial for me and my partner too do...