This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chris@c.m.s

Re: How on earth do you WFP other than new uPVC?
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 10:26:19 pm »
I just wont do really flaking frames cant see the point, there really not suited to wfp, if I quote a house and notice them then the quote is not going to be excepted, I have made a point since going wfp of only targeting houses I want to clean and as such I don't advertise any more I target houses not people.     
Sussex by the sea

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 10:27:11 pm »
;) Jay setting one is ample!
If your tight with the water the results shows!  ::)

I have never had to tell my customers "they will get better!"

I say "IF" there should be any spotting...CALL ME I will come back and clean the offending window!  8)

It's never happened yet!  8)

Come on the system is brilliant stop worrying!

Think about it...
Do you wash your dishes in an inch of water or do you fill the bowl??? :o

Get back down to Deal for a Day and come out with either myself, Johnny or even Matt

I promise not to be sarcastic! Ha Ha  ;D ;D ;D

Yeah Jonny told me setting one was ok - That's the only reason I'm tight with the water, if I use a higher setting, it only lasts a couple of windows!  So I still rinse throughly, just takes a while I suppose. 

BUT - I've found that painted frames tend to leave spots and runs.

Yeah I offer to return and redo the offending windows too, and haven't had a call yet.  Generally you can tell if there's going to be any major streaks etc by the time you've finished the job, and redo any as necessary.  Sometimes it's best not to say about 'some spots possibly left' as they'll probably be over-critical then

In fact, I called one custie to ask if they could leave the gate open, and then asked how the windows had dried last time (1st time WFP)  She said 'Quite bad - I can hardly see out of them in fact!!'  I immediately said that she should have called, as I would have redone them, and that I'd do them next time free, but she said 'No, that's fine' :o :o

She didn't want them done for another few weeks, and would call me, I thought that would be the end of that job, but the next day I got a call from a friend of theirs who wanted me to clean her windows based on their recommending me, so who knows?

Thanks for the offer of a day, I did that before I bought the system, to find out what gear I should get.  I came down and did a bit with Jonny and Cam.  I ended up doing some of my old custies that Jonny had since picked up!  They looked quite shocked to see me!

kris martin

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 10:29:38 pm »
chris did you just write a post about me working saturdays or am i going mad, what happened? ??? ??? ???

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2008, 10:31:06 pm »
Kris sorry I self moderated and removed my post I didn't want to suggest you wasn't doing a good job but that was how my post read so I removed it.
Sussex by the sea

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2008, 10:31:40 pm »
i dont work mondays and the only reason that i am working fridays is becasue i am working some old guys work (businesses) whilst he is away for a few months... weekends is with out a shadow of a doubt for me an my family time... ive been doing it 5th week now and under no circumstances do i have time to go back around all the work and do it again....    and i have to say it now i think my job is spot on, not 100% but at least 95%... some are perfect....   my motto is i work to live not live to work, working at the weekend is not an option... and by the way  i do do a good job especially now im getting used to the system.

chris did you just write a post about me working saturdays or am i going mad, what happened? ??? ??? ???

So what keeps you busy at w/e's?

kris martin

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 10:34:54 pm »
at the moment ive been saving up for my wedding next month so im skint.. but usualy i go away with the family, camping, holidays etc or going to the lakes walking round the fells with mi woman and the dog.....    or getting very drunk with my friends but thats getting fewer and farrer between now im getting older..

kris martin

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 10:36:59 pm »
when the guy comes back who im doing is work for i will have to start doing my own work on friday maybe half a day or so because im not doing about £300's worth of work a week..  need to start getting it all done.

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 10:41:38 pm »
£300 in 1/2 a day?  Not bad! :o :o :o :o :o

kris martin

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 10:43:01 pm »
there are 2 of us and it dosnt quite work out like that expenses etc.. and we always make more money in the morning without fail...