Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kris martin

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
« on: May 27, 2008, 08:18:04 pm »
what do i need to do with my 300gpd RO, is there filters that need changing etc and if so how will i know and also if so how often, my tap tds is 047?

NWH

Re: WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 08:23:52 pm »
The after RO reading will start to rise in some cases quickly,the best thing to do is to just change them at a certain time and stick to it.Some makes will say change the filters after so many thousands of liters made,just do that to be safe otherwise you`ll start munching through resin as it will have to work harder to get the water clean,buy the best Ro you can afford next time buy a 40x40.

kris martin

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 08:26:51 pm »
which part do i change the 3 cylinders on the bottom or the 3 on the top?

Chris Cottrell

kris martin

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 08:29:51 pm »
all 3 of them?

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 08:30:20 pm »
 :o You lucky so and so  a tds of 47 :o

Yes there are filters, for that system I would look at the RO-man site!

I take it your using resin after the RO!

If you want to lengthen the life of the ro filter use a softener before the ro!

My system is like this:

Tap - Debris Filter - softener- RO (has a carbon filter built in)- DI resin - storage tank

As long as the readings tds is 000 at the end of the prodess no worries!  ::)

However as stated the way you set up your system will determine the length of your filters  8)

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 08:33:46 pm »
 8) Search the net for a information document!
Or just ask if anyone on here has a copy they are willing to send to you! 8)

It's not as hard as it seems...Just think...I cant break it!!!
and you will be fine! ;)

peter holley

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 08:33:56 pm »
the cylinders at the bottom protect the membranes inside the white thingys...but yiy dont have to worry yet if your tap tds is only 47......mine is low at 85, but my 200gpd is still producing 001 tds after 2 yrs and2 months.... i have only just changed the filters..and i use a good 2000ltres a week, 48 weeks a year....i make sure i flush the system regularly

the filters (3 of them ) are easy to change ...just screw off and replace, and they are cheap as well ;D

btw looking forward to the new album :D

kris martin

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 08:35:06 pm »
my ro has a carbon block built in, my tds is 047 my ro brings it down to 002 and then a resin cylinder to bring it to 000, ive only produced about 3000 litres with it from new, so how often approx does this thing need changing?

kris martin

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 08:36:10 pm »
the cylinders at the bottom protect the membranes inside the white thingys...but yiy dont have to worry yet if your tap tds is only 47......mine is low at 85, but my 200gpd is still producing 001 tds after 2 yrs and2 months.... i have only just changed the filters..and i use a good 2000ltres a week, 48 weeks a year....

the filters (3 of them ) are easy to change ...just screw off and replace, and they are cheap as well ;D

i guess i dont need to worry then..... ;D

peter holley

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 08:37:57 pm »
the cylinders at the bottom protect the membranes inside the white thingys...but yiy dont have to worry yet if your tap tds is only 47......mine is low at 85, but my 200gpd is still producing 001 tds after 2 yrs and2 months.... i have only just changed the filters..and i use a good 2000ltres a week, 48 weeks a year....

i guess i dont need to worry then..... ;D

welcome to wfp :D

kris martin

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 08:40:25 pm »

welcome to wfp :D

cheers.... 5th week and loving it...

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 08:51:54 pm »
I'v just taken this from another thread...

Hi Birdy.

If you want any advice or help at all in setting it up feel free to call me at the office on 01472 347519. You may or may not need a DI with a tap reading as low as yours.

The reason you have a DI is to get rid of the last few percentage of solids that RO units dont remove. I am happy to explain it all to you so that you will easilly set it up.

Regards
Andrew  (Pure Freedom)

This chaps TDS is 126 I would give Andrew a call as well if I were you!
Their a nice lot on here always willing to help!  ;)
(The thread was/is Freedom Trolly)

NWH

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 08:56:49 pm »
what do i need to do with my 300gpd RO, is there filters that need changing etc and if so how will i know and also if so how often, my tap tds is 047?
Sorry Kris i`ve just realised your tap TDS is 047,all i would do to make water would be to have 2 resin vessels.The first 1 would act as a pre filter,i wouldn`t bother with an RO at that tap reading.

kris martin

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 09:00:15 pm »
Sorry Kris i`ve just realised your tap TDS is 047,all i would do to make water would be to have 2 resin vessels.The first 1 would act as a pre filter,i wouldn`t bother with an RO at that tap reading.
if i did this would i produce water at a faster rate?

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 09:04:48 pm »
Kris.

Water production rates wirh all ROs are almost entirely dependant on water pressure going into the membrane housings so more DI's wont make any difference.

Has your RO got a built in DI housing?  Its usually the last one at the bottom.

kris martin

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 09:05:56 pm »
Kris.

Water production rates wirh all ROs are almost entirely dependant on water pressure going into the membrane housings so more DI's wont make any difference.

Has your RO got a built in DI housing?  Its usually the last one at the bottom.
i dont know, you tell me i bought it from you 300gpd ;)

WCE

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 09:09:23 pm »
do you really have a tds of 47? I live in tewkesbury and have a tds that varies between 150-330. 
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

NWH

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 09:10:02 pm »
Kris with water that good get yourself a van with a tank in it as big as you can,you are blessed with clean water out of the tap.All you need to do is have 2 resin vessels in the van like said 1 pre filtering
the other 1,you just need a tank 2 vessels 1 pump 1 flo controller 1 hosereel 1 x 1 bag of resin.If your making water for barrells for trolley i would still make water through resin vessels only,i would have a hose from tap into both vessels and then into storage tank in shed-garden.The first vessel will pre filter the second and your resin should last ages.

kris martin

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 09:14:24 pm »
yeah its 047 and when i checked my mums at her house its 033 thats in manchester where i work so i might start producing water there aswell...