This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cbcs

Door to door by Royal Mail
« on: May 27, 2008, 05:33:30 pm »
Anyone used Royal Mail to deliver leafets/advertising material? I've had a quote to deliver 9000 leaflets in my selected area for £500.

davids3511

Re: Door to door by Royal Mail
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 06:12:20 pm »
That seems expensive. My local leafletting company dows 1000 for £25.00, les if you have more delivered.

As with anything, can you be sure the postmen will deliver them and not bin them?

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 06:17:07 pm »
That seems expensive. My local leafletting company dows 1000 for £25.00, les if you have more delivered.

As with anything, can you be sure the postmen will deliver them and not bin them?
your leaflet company will be delivering more than one leaflet at at time, IMO meaning it is easier to pick them all up in a handful and bin without even looking at them.

it takes nearly a day to deliver 1000 leaflets and no compnay would work for £25 meaning it would well be costing you money for nothing, single leaflet in the door will have about 5secs if that to stand out or it hits the bin faster.

I would say go and deliver them yourself it the houses you want to work on, or the people that deliver the local papers use them I have done this a few times now.

Ian

dave0123

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 06:20:49 pm »
or the people that deliver the local papers use them I have done this a few times now.

Even the lads who deliver these bin them!! Belive me i know:D when i was a kid i used to deliver a free local paper... if posible you woudl be binned! or 3 or 4 put in one door... the lads simply dont get enuf like 3 quid for delivering a collection of 4 liflets with the papers and tenner for the papers with about 400 to deliver takes about 5 hours
Dave.

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 06:26:26 pm »
or the people that deliver the local papers use them I have done this a few times now.

Even the lads who deliver these bin them!! Belive me i know:D when i was a kid i used to deliver a free local paper... if posible you woudl be binned! or 3 or 4 put in one door... the lads simply dont get enuf like 3 quid for delivering a collection of 4 liflets with the papers and tenner for the papers with about 400 to deliver takes about 5 hours
times change, and I would not let anyone I did not trust deliver leaflets for me, this lady that delivers a local paper does it I guess for extra money about40 odd, I pay her on top of that so a result for her few hours work, I would not employ kids to do it as your asking for trouble#

Jason Atwell

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 06:52:48 pm »
Hi chris, got pole this morning!

If you go on to a c s forum, and pm or e mail john garnett, he has used this system a couple of times, ask him what he thinks!

My personal view is its a good idea, i would trust a postman a lot more than normal leaflet delivers!
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 07:18:06 pm »
cut out the middleman and throw the leaflets away yourself , door knocking is always best lol

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 07:25:01 pm »
cut out the middleman and throw the leaflets away yourself , door knocking is always best lol
if they are not in it is not the best way at all ;)
Leaflets work simple, door knocking is good if you have the time.

dave0123

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 07:29:53 pm »
times change, and I would not let anyone I did not trust deliver leaflets for me, this lady that delivers a local paper does it I guess for extra money about40 odd, I pay her on top of that so a result for her few hours work, I would not employ kids to do it as your asking for trouble#

Its still the same now am only 22, but as you say you just dont let kids do it as they carnt be trusted.
Dave.

cbcs

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 07:44:41 pm »
Hi chris, got pole this morning!

If you go on to a c s forum, and pm or e mail john garnett, he has used this system a couple of times, ask him what he thinks!

My personal view is its a good idea, i would trust a postman a lot more than normal leaflet delivers!

Glad you got it at last. Cheers again.

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 07:56:30 pm »
ok post 300 leaflets get maybe 3 jobs if your lucky , or knock on 300 doors and get 8 now you tell me which is the best use of your time , and you hav,nt got to go back and price the job wasting valuable time and diesel , now which is the best use of your time regards alan