This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DaveG

canvassing
« on: May 26, 2008, 10:13:29 pm »
Whats the best line in canvassing? ..... i was going to do the approach of leaflet drop first , then call back about a week later and knock the doors and say something like" hello , we dropped a leaflet through your door last week and was wondering if you have a regular window cleaner and if not , would you like me to give you a no obligation qoute"?

Your thoughts really appreciated...

Sorry if this topic had already been covered

Dave
You can't polish a turd

Re: canvassing
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 10:15:14 pm »
In my (very limited) experience, that approach works MUCH better than cold calling.

You'll also find that you get a few calls straight away.

groundhog

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 10:27:36 pm »
Hi Dave, When I started building my round I used to print off batches of flyers explaing my service, and at the bottom I would give a date that I would be calling back, usually within 3 days, and an approx time, usually early evening (if your good looking like me, then try to call round before the husbands get home from work!!)  ;)

I would turn up looking very smart in your company uniform, look confident and friendly, and say something like, ' hello, I posted my leaflet through your door a few days ago and wondered if you required a window cleaner?'

Don't use the line about have they already got a regular window cleaner as it gives them an easy get out, and is not very positive in my view!!  :)

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 10:33:23 pm »
cheers Wally and grounghog thanks for the input guys much appreciated 

my mum says im good looking lol

I ve got my new t shirts coming next week , i was going to wait til theyve arrived before i start door knocking  :) when you say company uniform do you mean t shirt (with logo) and smart work trousers?

Cheers
You can't polish a turd

groundhog

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 10:50:54 pm »
Thats the idea Dave, you need to look the part mate!  :)