Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rob fryer

best equipment
« on: May 26, 2008, 08:31:54 pm »
Just in the throws of getting a contract for some nursing home carpet cleaning, and i am thinking of new equipment for this contract, what  would you buy. The job is at several sites will require a deep clean and then mantanance cleaning every couple of months.
Cheers rob

Kev Loomes

Re: best equipment
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 08:50:15 pm »
I would buy tons of urine neautraliser and lavender odour fresh  ;)

markpowell

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 09:23:55 pm »
some crystal green and clensan and clean and sanitize all at once.
mark

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 08:23:16 pm »
Rob

What machine’s have you got they may be adequate :-X

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

rob fryer

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 03:30:13 pm »
I have got a cfr 400 pro but what concerns me is that perhaps some of the bacteria or uric acid will be put back into the carpet and start to smell again .
If i buy new equipment from scratch for this contract it was just a question of asking the more experienced c/c on here as to what they would buy, I no its down to what each person likes to use and the question has been asked over and over but i was specifically wanted to no about equipment which would be good for use in nursing homes as the contract is big in the region of 600 beds and all the rest to go with it .
thanks rob.

carpet guy

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 03:55:43 pm »
I'm amazed that you have acquired a maintenance contract with that type of client. They have a history of getting carpets cleaned on a very irregular basis.

Surely you know that using products like Clensan will kill bacteria and prevent any spread, also you should be aware that using the machine you quote, will give a superb result. Provided you go about using it properly.

Anyone suggesting otherwise is talking rubbish.

Carpets in Nursing homes are non permeable or should be, so all spills, etc will be contained in, or at the base of the carpet fibres.

rob fryer

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 07:32:16 pm »
I wasnt saying  the cfr 400 wouldnt give good results just that my machine is old and though i have had a new pump and motor its still old and with the amount of work that is going to be done i was just seeking some friendly advice .Also ime not the most experienced c/c but a cleaning contractor and was concerned that not all the bacteria would be killed thus making the smell worse.
Thanks anyway. 

carpet guy

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 07:42:42 pm »
New pump and motor equals new machine, well not quite, but in terms of performance it should give you plenty of hours of earnings and allow you to figure out how to clean most effectively.

If the job is, as you suggest, you might consider a rotary, for ongoing cleans, it will take about a third of the time and with the right products will give excellent results.

Len Gribble

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 08:34:45 pm »
Rob F

(more experienced c/c) that rows me out! :'( But new equipment should be priced into the contract, think the general cleaning forum can advise you of this. 8)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ian Rochester

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 09:20:42 pm »
We've done tons of work for nursing homes, they are notorious for wanting it done for next to nothing, they will invariably have a Karcher Puzzi 100 tucked away somewhere for the easy cleans then just call you out for the horrendous ones!!

I wouldn't invest too much on this type of contract, use what you have and use it well.

rob fryer

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 10:22:58 pm »
Thanks all for advice and i know where your coming from on price and yes to the carpet cleaner in the corner but they have 14 homes in my area min 40 beds up to 87 and building more and there not for profit connected with nhs ,They use there m/c for cleaning the sloppy stuff up .
I just think in times where things can go a bit slow its good to have a steady long term
contract.
rob

carpet guy

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 11:13:24 pm »
NHS..........don't think so. Social Services run Local Authority homes and you will normally need to be on an Approved Providers list to be considered and that gets you involved in HSE regulations / Risk Assessments / Monitoring / Police Checks for everyone, etc.

If you have indeed landed a contract for regular cleans, well done and good luck, but Ian has summed it up pretty well.

rob fryer

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 08:03:32 am »
Its funny but its got nhs at the top of the paperwork in conjunction with company name none profit org.
Risk ass/crb/hse etc as standard on all our jobs and contracts.

Bob Allen

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 08:53:14 pm »
Contracts like this can come and go, all it needs is a new boss to take over and he/she  might have another preferred cleaners they reguarly use, iwouldnt spend out too much unless the contract is guaranteed
Bob Allen

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 10:40:28 pm »
Rob

If you're concerned about the hygeine aspect of using recycled water in your CFR, speak to Amtech UK.  I feel sure that they will have suitable products and advice that will address your concerns.

Don't feel that 400psi and a single vac is inadequate. Everything about your kit is unique and designed/engineered to work effectively together. You will be able to achieve high quality results.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!