This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paulscotney

www.mgwc.org
« on: May 25, 2008, 10:01:40 pm »
Picked up a £25 month job last week. The woman said that she needed a reliable window cleaner who was professional etc and was impressed that I was a member of a trade organisation etc.  Can't grumble only costs me £1 pm for membership. I have it on all my gear, quotation forms etc. Has done me a lot of good. Picked up other work as well. Had a great week.

Re: www.mgwc.org
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 10:21:28 pm »
I would join and use the details but putting the logo on van would make my design bad as it needs changing to look professional IMO

Nat thats not a dig at what you are doing as I think it is good, but image is a lot  ::)

Ian

paulscotney

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 10:27:19 pm »
Yes but what about your stationery etc. It adds credibility, professionalism etc IMO and £1 pm isn't a lot.  Anyway each to their own.

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 10:38:27 pm »
If all three (assoc, fed, guild) offer the same main benefit, credibility in the eyes of the customer, and one at £12 per year is very much cheaper than others, then it would seem that one is better.

Or am i mistaken?

paulscotney

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 10:41:30 pm »
No you have reached the same conclusion as me. Lots of my customers have noticed it on my paperwork and commented. A bargain IMO

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 10:42:22 pm »
Yes but what about your stationery etc. It adds credibility, professionalism etc IMO and £1 pm isn't a lot. Anyway each to their own.
I would not have that logo on my stationary because it is badly designed IMO (said this before) i would use this as it is cheap credibility (customers know no difference) and I guess it you could mean you are more professional not usre on that but not saying No
I think www.mgwc.org is a very good idea it is cheap and does near on the same as most org at less than 1/4 of the price no frills just working for window cleaners.

Again I say Good on Nat for doing this.

Ian

paulscotney

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 10:51:57 pm »
Yes  Nat seems a real gem.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 11:00:15 pm »
Thanks for the positive feedback Paul, much appreciated!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Did I mention that thanks very kind sponsorship by Arthur at www.surecleansystems.com the Guild is holding a draw for all members on 30th June, and the 1st prize is a 24' HXtel hybrid pole???

;D ;D ;D

The Guild crest isn't to everyone's taste,... but I reckon it looks pretty good on my van,... and I've only had positive comments from custies since it was added to my stationary etc!

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 11:03:18 pm »
I have noticed that he's one of those guys, like alex, that no one has a pop at.

Another thing i've noticed about the other orgs, politics , personalities and factions play thier part. With fewer people involved you get clearer decisions.

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 11:33:14 pm »
Just wrote a long post am getting sick and tied of the htt problem and habving to rewrite the lot again. Rant over:

Nat, thanks for not saying anyhting about what I posted.

I think what you are doing is very good, I think logo is not good (IMO and many others)
have you thought of having 2 for download for vans/stationary ect I have designers that I can pay to do this no charge to you and I would be more than willing to help thew guild.

the botton of logo look like it is just stuck there as an add on this could easy be in the overall design.

let me know as I just said I would pay this out of my own pocket.

Ian
email if you dont want to post on this to  design@windowwashers.co.u k

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 11:36:36 pm »
The logo/crest will remain the same for 2008,.. but we would consider a new or even an additional design for 2009.

I'd be more than happy to see any designs.

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 11:40:45 pm »
The logo/crest will remain the same for 2008,.. but we would consider a new or even an additional design for 2009.

I'd be more than happy to see any designs.
ok, you want 2009 on it ? to me it would be better for all if it did nothave a year on it, or it would meran them changing van signs every years something most will not do.
 can you send me a bill to join and what you need, I keep meaning to join but never get to the site.

Ian

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 11:43:51 pm »
 :) I was thinking of joining just because of the cost!  8)

But there doesn't seem to be many members in the British Isles !

You have to be vetted/sponsored in order to join...
This is good, (otherwise any old so and so could join!) however the nearest to me (Kent) is miles away!  :'(

Hardly seems worth the time dragging someone miles to vet my one man show!  :-[

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 11:55:47 pm »
If you can join for a quid then that says it all, no credibility ?

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 12:06:01 am »
If you can join for a quid then that says it all, no credibility ?
No disrespect to you Dave got I have asked over 20 big clients and none have heard of your either, so £1 £100 really makes no difference. Outsides view that is a little clued up on marketing.

Ian

Pat Purcell

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 12:07:40 am »
The need for vetting has been dropped for the time being , mainly for the reasons stated by Ideal window Cleaning ( thankfully or I would have had a hard time) and It has become easier to join , mostly to build the membership to a point where vetting will be possible
I think theres about a 50/50 split on the logo, some really likke it and others don't , like most guild matters it was put to a vote on Nats Forum and that recieved the most votes' now that the guild is a going concern,Im guessing most things will be decided by a vote among the membership
I just saw Dave2st ives post as I went to post this, The membership fee was kept low , so that there would be no misconception that anyone was making money off it, and I agree among forum using window cleaners it probably will not add to anyones credibility, but having it on the side of your van can't hurt with customers
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 12:16:35 am »
Ian

You have missed the point , it doesnt matter if they have heard of you , just explain in your pitch, i didnt say nothing about the APWC but boy do i milk it in my pitch.

"Whats it all about then" "well you pay your £ then your in", impressive or what ?

Where is the substance ?

Pat

when the day comes when every WC has the badge for a £, where Do you differentiate yourself from the other £s

Pat Purcell

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 12:28:25 am »
Good point Dave, but for right now it is something that most don't have and is akin to wearing a nice uniform or having a well signwritten van, Its just one more thing that differentiates you from other window cleaners.
Somewhere down the road as membership increases, there will be efforts made to use that power of numbers to negotiate better deals for window cleaners, with suppliers and insurance co's etc, I can't say that will happen , but I can tell you that it will be tried
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 12:31:51 am »
negotiate better deals for window cleaners, with suppliers and insurance co's etc, I can't say that will happen , but I can tell you that it will be tried
thats it and alot cheaper than other that give not much benifit

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 12:38:28 am »
Ian

When i pitch I state my insurance £5 mill , my h@s policy , method statement , risk assessment, tell them we are police checked with id cards , hand them my bwca certs along with my apwc, tell them what its all about , then give them a reference sheet with big names on it (m&S, schools hospitals etc) then give them my price. it is no coincidence i get most of  the commercial jobs i quote for.

Just wish i was a member of the fed as well it would give me one more meaningful cert to present