Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

groundhog

Re: the harris pole topic
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 09:39:59 pm »
Ronnie I wasn't having a pop at you mate, but if you are leaving spots then something is wrong somewere! I'm not slap happy at all, the videos that I posted are not that clear, but they are regualar monthly cleans that I have been doing for 4 years, and if you watch carefully I am very methodical, each window gets a couple of horizontal strokes at the top of the pane, followed by 2 good strokes up and down each section of glass,,I follow this up with a rinse down the length of the pane with the brush held just off the glass, on a regular monthly clean then generally I find that there is just a little bit of dust on them and maybe a few cobwebs on the frame, and so that is all thats needed to get them spotless, If they need more scrubbing due to bird muck ect, then thats what they get!

I have an excellent reputation with my customers, and believe me I'm not happy with anything less than perfect results. 8)

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 10:02:39 pm »
::) If I paid a good price to a window cleaner and he "flew around" like that he wouldn't be coming back!
Don't get me wrong I fly around my own house !
(usually I am fed up with cleaning windows all day and they only need a lick!)
And yes I have left streaks on some not all!

But if I did that to a customer I wouldn't feel I did a good job  :-[

I read the other thread and I know some of you will no doubt disagree
but sorry I don't care  8)
I tend to agree with you in some parts Steve and I would feel the same if the W/C flew around my house in minutes.

BUT? I would always give him the benefit of the doubt, I would wait until he had gone and then walk around my house checking every single window, if they dried spot/streak and smear free then how could I fault him? in fact I would probablly be impressed that he was able to do a good Job so fast, this would tell me I have an experienced window cleaner.

If they dried with a few spots I could handle that but mention it to him next time, if it dried with streaks and smears I would give him one more oppertunity and if after that it never  improved then I would bin him.

Too true!
I agree with your comments, point taken  ::)

In hindsight I was a bit presumptuous, many thanks!

Couldn't help but notice your signature reminds me of Proverbs12:18  ;)

jeff1

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 10:23:14 pm »
::) If I paid a good price to a window cleaner and he "flew around" like that he wouldn't be coming back!

I tend to agree with you in some parts Steve and I would feel the same if the W/C flew around my house in minutes.

BUT? I would always give him the benefit of the doubt, I would wait until he had gone and then walk around my house checking every single window, if they dried spot/streak and smear free then how could I fault him? in fact I would probablly be impressed that he was able to do a good Job so fast, this would tell me I have an experienced window cleaner.

If they dried with a few spots I could handle that but mention it to him next time, if it dried with streaks and smears I would give him one more oppertunity and if after that it never  improved then I would bin him.

Too true!

Do you mean this:-
There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts,
but the tongue of the wise brings healing

groundhog

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 10:30:14 pm »
I like those words Jeff, I will bare that in mind when posting!!  :)

jeff1

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 10:35:57 pm »
It would be nice if everyone read them and thought before posting, they have been there for over a year and these are the first comments on them.

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 11:02:01 pm »

Too true!

Do you mean this:-
There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts,
but the tongue of the wise brings healing

;) Mine reads like this...
There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing.

It reminds me of a saying...
God gave us TWO EARS and ONE MOUTH, do you think he was trying to tellus something?  8)

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 12:37:20 pm »
 ;) Just to add I apply the council to myself and myself alone!  8)