This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ronnie paton

the harris pole topic
« on: May 25, 2008, 06:33:06 pm »
just watched the youtube clips and i am not having  that them windows are spotless the top sills arent cleaned either.

is this just me that thinks it needs  more care and attention when cleaning with pole?

d s windowcleaning

Re: the harris pole topic
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 06:38:42 pm »
try doing your own windows at that speed then view the results ronnie you may be surprised by your findings . ;D
where theres muck theres money

groundhog

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 08:12:24 pm »
Ronnie, the video is not that clear, but I can assure you that the windows were left spotless!! It was a monthly clean that I have been doing for about 4 years, as you can see in the vid I give the top of the pane a couple of horizontal swipes, followed by 2 good up and down strokes, finnished off with a rinse with the brush held just off of the glass, the sill is then wiped, job done!! As I said that particular house I clean inside as well, and they really are spotless! 

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 08:18:25 pm »
what was your results like then ronnie , were they up to standard or did you have some spots and badly missed corners ?

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 08:30:12 pm »
As Groundhog said in his post he was demonstrating the Harris pole and not his w/c Techniques, but in answer to your question? Yes they can be cleaned that fast, my own windows are cleaned on a regular basis, this means it takes me less time and effort to keep them maintained now.

Today I did my own windows 15 of them and it took me 10 minutes, I'm sat here looking out of the front room windows and they are spotless.

paulscotney

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 08:59:40 pm »
Where I clean there is a w/cleaner  who has a 57 van and a 08 van both WFP. He is an established business, he has a fantastic reputation for reliability. He never ever cleans the top frames, they are coverered in crap.  Groundhog cleaned the tops. So what is the problem

paulscotney

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 08:59:48 pm »
Where I clean there is a w/cleaner  who has a 57 van and a 08 van both WFP. He is an established business, he has a fantastic reputation for reliability. He never ever cleans the top frames, they are coverered in crap.  Groundhog cleaned the tops. So what is the problem

ronnie paton

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 02:33:47 pm »
my results were poor but i have tried this on many properties, most spots can only be seen at the right angles and from the outside which is why we get away with leaving spots, there ia alwayas the odd ones left.

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 02:51:30 pm »
 ::) If I paid a good price to a window cleaner and he "flew around" like that he wouldn't be coming back!
Don't get me wrong I fly around my own house !
(usually I am fed up with cleaning windows all day and they only need a lick!)
And yes I have left streaks on some not all!

But if I did that to a customer I wouldn't feel I did a good job  :-[

I read the other thread and I know some of you will no doubt disagree
but sorry I don't care  8)

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 02:58:59 pm »
::) If I paid a good price to a window cleaner and he "flew around" like that he wouldn't be coming back!
Don't get me wrong I fly around my own house !
(usually I am fed up with cleaning windows all day and they only need a lick!)
And yes I have left streaks on some not all!

But if I did that to a customer I wouldn't feel I did a good job  :-[

I read the other thread and I know some of you will no doubt disagree
but sorry I don't care  8)
I tend to agree with you in some parts Steve and I would feel the same if the W/C flew around my house in minutes.

BUT? I would always give him the benefit of the doubt, I would wait until he had gone and then walk around my house checking every single window, if they dried spot/streak and smear free then how could I fault him? in fact I would probablly be impressed that he was able to do a good Job so fast, this would tell me I have an experienced window cleaner.

If they dried with a few spots I could handle that but mention it to him next time, if it dried with streaks and smears I would give him one more oppertunity and if after that it never  improved then I would bin him.

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 05:01:52 pm »
all depends on the type of window your cleaning , but with the one,s in the clip that speed is absolutely fine indeed it could be faster , only applies once the windows have been cleaned at least 3 times and assuming its monthly , but yes the speed is good and will give a very good finish regards alan

jouk45

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 05:49:55 pm »
and thats when all the tight fisted gits say, surley you can do it cheaper than 10 quid, i saw you do this house in less than 5 mins, you always get them,

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 06:23:38 pm »
what was your results like then ronnie , were they up to standard or did you have some spots and badly missed corners ?
my results were poor but i have tried this on many properties, most spots can only be seen at the right angles and from the outside which is why we get away with leaving spots, there ia alwayas the odd ones left.
i knew your answer before you posted , we can all work at speed but its the after image that counts  ;D

groundhog

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 07:09:01 pm »

Not when I clean them theres not, I have over 400 customers and I can't remember the last time I recieved a complaint! If you leave a lot of spots Ronnie then perhaps you should look at your technique.

mark dew

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 07:41:28 pm »
I tend to agree with you in some parts Steve and I would feel the same if the W/C flew around my house in minutes.

I've noticed this has been mentioned almost weekly by customers in the last 6 months.
On monthly cleans if the windows have come up good before, that kind of speed will be possible for most wfp users in time. Without sacrificing quality.

peter holley

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 07:43:14 pm »
in the type of windows in the video that technique is fine.....i have many like it ...on others it takes a bit more time on frames...with experience youd  soon learn the amount of frame cleaning and rinsing for each job.

the windows in the video are a dodle ...if only my whole round was like that ::)

groundhog

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 07:47:53 pm »

the windows in the video are a dodle ...if only my whole round was like that ::)

Your right there mate, I clean 150 houses with the same windows, all on the same estate. I canvassed it just after they were built and clean over half of the estate. Saying that I still prefer cleaning my larger properties out in the sticks!!  ;)

peter holley

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 07:52:52 pm »
i'v just bought a house like that .... moving in at the end of june....maybe i'lget some others on the estate.... :D

it was my first day today with the harris pole...i used it as a clampless pole (clamps untightened)
for £15 you cant go wrong....the sections slide out with ease and its so light ;D

ronnie paton

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 08:21:49 pm »

Not when I clean them theres not, I have over 400 customers and I can't remember the last time I recieved a complaint! If you leave a lot of spots Ronnie then perhaps you should look at your technique.

dont need to worry bout me pal trust me on that, my technique includes stopping my water instead of spraying every wear doing ledges properly and not being slap dash happy ;)