This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DASERVICES

Resin Prices To Rise
« on: May 25, 2008, 01:19:23 pm »
With the current climate a number of resin manufacturers have inceased their prices, for example Dowex have announced a price increase of average of 10% accross all products. Because mixed bed resin is of small volume I would predict you will see price increases of upto 20%.

There are significant changes happening in the market so my advise is never place an order at the last minute. Always make sure that you order on the last fill as there is now a huge problem in the market, there is not enough production to meet current demand. Suppliers who do not keep around 3 months stock may find themselves running out of stock.

Our industry needs supply of all manufacturers from Thermax, Dowex to Purolite due to capacity constraints. There is no panic but if sales persons within the companies do not predict the correct forecast in securing capacity space there will be shortages.

Just sharing this information with you as it effects us all, so expect prices to raise upto 20% in the next coming months. Some may even go as high as 30% as couriers are now also raising their prices.

Doug

macmac

Re: Resin Prices To Rise
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 01:58:56 pm »
Nice to keep us informed doug.

Thanks

Tony

jonah

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 04:20:07 pm »

Thanks

Tony
Only thing that comes down is the rain  :'(

dai

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 04:39:27 pm »
Thanks Doug, you just reminded me to order some. Can't work without that stuff.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 06:54:05 pm »
With the current climate a number of resin manufacturers have inceased their prices, for example Dowex have announced a price increase of average of 10% accross all products. Because mixed bed resin is of small volume I would predict you will see price increases of upto 20%.

There are significant changes happening in the market so my advise is never place an order at the last minute. Always make sure that you order on the last fill as there is now a huge problem in the market, there is not enough production to meet current demand. Suppliers who do not keep around 3 months stock may find themselves running out of stock.

Our industry needs supply of all manufacturers from Thermax, Dowex to Purolite due to capacity constraints. There is no panic but if sales persons within the companies do not predict the correct forecast in securing capacity space there will be shortages.

Just sharing this information with you as it effects us all, so expect prices to raise upto 20% in the next coming months. Some may even go as high as 30% as couriers are now also raising their prices.

Doug

I don't get through much of it myself due to an efficient RO but I'm down to one bag (just done a refill).  Maybe time to get another one.

DASERVICES

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 07:00:39 pm »
No probs, will keep you guys informed of any news I hear.

I've just seen the most expensive price to date, £108 with Ace Janitoral. Ouch, and there must be people paying that price.

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 07:08:29 pm »

Thanks

Tony
Only thing that comes down is the rain :'(
and that could well be telling you something :)

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 09:19:11 pm »
I'm with Doug on this one.

Raw material prices on almost everything are going up. Demand in China and India etc are pushing prices sky high.

E.G. Lead. I have to order batteries for trollies 6 months in advance to be assured of supply and they go up with every order :(

Dual Pumps who supply a lot of the trade suppliers are having to increase their prices on almost everything we buy. Be ready for some price increases over the board folks :(

jouk45

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 09:31:43 pm »
doug, why dont you collect all the used resin from your customers, get a regenerating machine, iv seen a few in the states doing this, your in the perfect possition for this type of business  ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 12:26:10 am »
Doom and gloom

is that plus vat or included ?  lol

sair

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 11:14:26 am »
Hi Doug

We have had  our price increase also it was a good opportunity to secure a long term price and also to see what the market has to offer.

Rohm and Hass has in my opinion seen the highest of all price rises, closley follwed by Dowex,

Still don't know about purolite,Yet its never one product i wouldn't sell due to most  peoples opinion, We will be sticking with Bayer as most know although its bought out by German Comany.

Our resin will go up but not as much as it should, We have discussed with one company a large bulk order price and will await to here if that price comes in we will reduce the cost back to its price now,

Although with the rising fuel costs i am just awaiting a rise from the courier company! thats all we need, but it seems inevitable.

I hope it will mean maybe people will order a little more responsibly and have something in reserve rather than a desperate need as they have run out, long term it will save them on carriage costs and  decrease our carbon foot print
Essentially Pure Ltd

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 11:19:26 am »
what you will find is that people will shop around.

especially me lol

Can anyone give me a price for a years supply, i use about a bag a month ?

please email me with your fantastic discounts