Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sherco

Hows business?
« on: May 25, 2008, 10:30:05 am »
Just wondering how everybody is doing with work? Are you busy, or do you think customers are tightening there belts...
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

maxcarpets

Re: Hows business?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 10:55:36 am »
Best week ever last week?

sherco

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 11:02:39 am »
That's great, been talking to guys in the building trade and its dieing on its feet.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

stevegunn

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 11:25:58 am »
Was busy last few weeks little quieter coming week but kids are on holiday

roger underhill

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 11:38:15 am »
Quieter than usual, I think that I will need to increase marketing to merely ‘stand still’ in monetary terms.

I did a quote yesterday for a lady who has just been made redundant from a major house builder and I feel that this maybe the tip of the iceberg. In the near future customers are going to be more difficult to sell to if you are like me and charge a professional price for a professional job.
Family business founded in 1985

MICHAEL_GAYTON

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 11:49:01 am »
Its always busy before bank holidays then drops off the week after .it is a  funny year!
never mind off to the pub for afew taking bank holiday off great 8)
ULTRA 4 CLUB
four systems one operator

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 12:20:59 pm »
Work every day as usual but bigger jobs are back on ........... busier by default  ;D

maxcarpets

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 05:57:00 pm »
I must add that I am suprised to be busy and do not know why? Not complaining though!

Justin

spencer davies

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 11:23:14 pm »
Busy.... many years of advertising with the same number and a large portfolio of customers
should keep the phone ringing.

S

*paul_moss

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 11:43:43 pm »
Picked back up here after a few slow months. Thank god.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Ian Rochester

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 09:35:43 am »
On the whole ticking along nicely, one van on the carpets pretty much full time.

As for other work, we've just picked up a new builder who has 18 months worth of commercial/industrial work ahead and wants us to do all his post build cleans, done about £4K of work for them so far since beginning of March.  However there's another house builder who we have done a lot of work for who's paid off nearly all his brickies and labourers.

New window cleaning work is coming in all the time and we're trying to push it more for commercial than domestic now.  Having to put all our prices up to alleviate the fuel costs which are having a marked impact on the margins, need to get them back up again.  So far nobody has complained or cancelled, we're still probably half the price of a lot of you out there !  ;D

It's the time of year when people want their driveways cleaned and we've done 4 medium sized pressure washing jobs this past week and got 2 booked in for this coming week.  However my Mosmatic rotary surface cleaner has died a death and they are refusing to fix it under the warranty (bought at NEC just last year!) so not impressed with their service, they want £146 +vat for a new rotating swivel, I can get a whole new cleaner from Northern Tools for £66+vat.

Anyway, another weeks work then I'm off on holiday to Loches in the Loire 8) and the reins are all handed over to one of our supervisors for 10 days, hopefully she'll cope with it!

M.Acorn

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 10:16:09 am »
Very very good for me , just got back from 2 weeks in Rhodes,did a job on sat that was £650.Got cheque before i started the job  :) ,got another £300 job today all in all when the letting agy pay me i will have banked £2099.00,not bad
What goes around comes around

Neil Grainger

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 10:39:44 am »
good for me also even with a week off last week, have a £2000 grand week this week starting this afternoon at a sports club. First £2000 week for about 7 months.

May is normally rubbish for me but this year it has been great, people not buying new and have the old re-cleaned. Hope thats they way forward for the rest of the year, also booked up £1000 already for June, get some of those debts paid off that have built up since christmas.

I'll be moaning next month that its quiet again no doubt.