Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

keep hearing bad stories of wfp
« on: May 24, 2008, 01:07:02 pm »
my partners auld fella has been in the windows game mos tof his days and he keeps hearing horror stories from people regarding wfp. he says it isn't what it is all cracked up to be.

all his work is commecrcial , shops, pubs, resturants etc etc. Everyone in these places who have windows done ay home with wfp are complaining about some of their window cleaners and wfp.

asking him to do them trad but he  doesn't bother with houses at all

DASERVICES

Re: keep hearing bad stories of wfp
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 01:15:45 pm »
It's not WFP that's the problem, it's the user. Often enough you will find that they have been given bad advise from a supplier they bought their equipment from.

LWC

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 01:31:06 pm »
yep wfp is cack waste of money

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 01:40:37 pm »
I agree, it does a terrible job. Ive lost 80-90% of my work. Im going down the drains, the baliffs coming next week, youve got to help guys.....could somebody show me how to do it right?? or is it just like this? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Its the user, NOT, I repeat NOT wfp to blame. Even with the worst wfp tools and a really cheap brush its possible to have a spotless finish, Luke

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

eddie d

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 01:44:54 pm »
i agree wfp is rubbish

davids3511

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 03:04:43 pm »
The problem is that it is so easy to start up. No experience at all, probably nobody to show them how to do it properly so they are going to have to learn by their mistakes. Unfortunately it is these mistakes giving WFP a bad name.

poleman

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 03:17:49 pm »
WFP has change the way we all work, and most agree its a dame good tool and one of the best business decisions you can make

On the other hand! it does take time to master this new way of doing things, if you do start lost customers then you learn fast how to use it, if not you have to be some fool

dai

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 03:22:52 pm »
Inexperienced guys who come on here, and read that a 3 bed semi can be done properly in 10 mins,
This is a recipe for bad workmanship in my opinion.

Over the years I have seen some appalling trad work too.

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 03:43:23 pm »
I wonder if this forum had been available back in the 50s would we have been arguing about using chamois and scrims versus these new-fangled squeegees.

"I tried using a squeegee once and it left streaks everywhere ..."

"You can't clean a window properly by scraping off the water. You have to wipe it off and then polish the glass ..."

etc.

Still, it gives us something to argue about, even if the arguments are pretty pointless.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 03:46:39 pm »
If you really want to be quick I say that you should try and save your time elsewhere ie. not by skimping on the actual cleaning. Thre are quite a few ways you can do this:

Planning your work route out to be as effective as possible

Having a good brush - my Tucker is saving me ALOT of time

A pole that extends quickly

Reeling in hose quickly

Getting to know a property so you dont get snagged on things

Not spenind too long on lunch

Physically moving quickly

There are lots of ways to save time without skimping on your quality of cleaning, Luke

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

aztec

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 04:05:17 pm »
always said there is a place for wfp, but only commercial and hard to reach residential, not every window or frame is suited to wfp so i mostly trad residential and as much commercial as i can, i think it has its place in window cleaning but you cant beat a squeegee then detail with a microfibre cloth finish, and i have proved this so many times to my employees who want to pole bungalows even (lazy sods!) but then again i am old school and you cant beat squeegee and i use this method whenever i can as i can guarantee spotless windows

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 04:13:48 pm »
Wfp is absolute cack - personally I wouldn't even wash windows with it.

If anyone has stupidly gone to wfp in the North West Bristol area and has wfp window cleaning work which they will soon lose, you might as well hand it to me and I will look after it for you. (Because I'm soooooo kind and thoughtful)
It's a game of three halves!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 04:44:52 pm »
Inexperienced guys who come on here, and read that a 3 bed semi can be done properly in 10 mins,
This is a recipe for bad workmanship in my opinion.

Over the years I have seen some appalling trad work too.

But I reckon it can be done properly in 10 minutes.  This is only under ideal conditions though by someone who is well organised and I certainly wouldn't want to sustain such a pace for hours on end.
Just my view.

steve m

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 05:47:06 pm »
its people just starting out with wfp and watching videos of groundhod doing his house. Dont get me wrong , I'm not knocking him for being so quick, its taken foar years of wfp to get them that clean its the newbies not reading the whole thread

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2008, 09:28:11 pm »
One day you will all wake up and say wfp whats that! ;D thats why I dont bother! would not waste my money!or yours! at the end of the day your cleaning windows for god sake! why spend ££££££££££££ on it to get spots! ::) my opinion your just making other people rich! :o

I have been asked to do a TV program where I will speak my mind!I  will say no more!
and why because no one pays me to say what I suppose to say,I am free!
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

gary999

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2008, 09:32:03 pm »
hey!  we havent all got tornados for arms ;D

i need all the help i can get ;D

RPCCS

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2008, 09:38:41 pm »
I agree with aztec wfp doesn't work on every job ,especially wooden frames with crap paint. I have to trad severa of my jobs for that very reason
Cheers Rich

Kev R

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2008, 09:47:29 pm »
I hope no one else gets wfp as Im making a killing on bad painted frames and all sorts. Its to do with the user not the wfp. I have given up one job in two years and that was crittle aluminum. The rest have been fine even flakey paint. If it looks like trouble it takes more time so charge accordingly.

I used to answer loads of questions from the local window cleaners but now if they think its rubbish I say whatever, hay ho...don't listen to me, if you think its crap don't buy it and leave me to clean up... LOL

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2008, 09:55:58 pm »
I   really think people will go back towards Trad,why this country sucks right now.no one has got money to blow!so the cheapest way to clean windows is Trad! step in more window cleaners!again
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

LWC

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2008, 10:09:38 pm »
I   really think people will go back towards Trad,why this country sucks right now.no one has got money to blow!so the cheapest way to clean windows is Trad! step in more window cleaners!again

we're not all as fast as you though terry!! lol