This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kris martin

Re: keep hearing bad stories of wfp
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2008, 11:18:15 pm »
i dont mind the barrel thing because this might sound mad but there was 3 of us over a month ago trad and the work load was absolutely rediculous to a dangerous point just to get the days target done, now were down to 2 and going wfp (trolley) everything has really calmed down and changing a barrel is a just like a little break...

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2008, 11:22:50 pm »
As i saw it you were given an opinion on the value of your round but you baulked at it. If the work is £15ph it has very little value.

My point about the van mount is that it carries more water. I use a very high flow and get through about 500l a day.
i think thats a lot of water were using 8 barrels a day just tops though and that is only if we use the pole all day which at the moment that is not the case, but after june when ive finished paying for wedding im going to invest in a van mount because as im using the trolley im seeing the benefits of a van mount (i couldnt before)..
barrels are a total night mare from a van mount I have done this, how people  cope with this hassle I dont know.
Fair play to them but to be honest I would have given up wfp if it carried on, that got new engine was sorted quick on the van, just need to get another asap so have to one road all the time instead of 2man van mount and car not good. but worked from a a time

Costly mistake I made there tHAT i HAVE LEARNT FROM.

Ian

kris martin

« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2008, 11:26:47 pm »
but if your so used to the van mount i could imagine that going too a trolley would be quite annoying, im finding it quit good now with the trolley first week i thought what the hell am i doing but now its all good, i will be investing in a van mount in the next few months though.....

Tim82

« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2008, 12:56:37 am »
:o Some jobs do come up better with trad. :o

But as a rule if you do the job right with water fed the results are as good if not better.

So many of my customers are saying what a great job it does and recomending me to others
that I'm convinced that if your not getting good results with wfp then either your water tds is poor or your technique is wrong. Most modern windows clean fine with wfp. Fact.

If your looking for a reasons not to go water fed then I'm sure you can find some.
However the reasons to go water fed far, far exceed the negative.

I agree. I think that is the plain truth fact, none of that in a dreamworld making wfp sound better than it is poo. Also I think most people like to have a someone with a professional looking tool that cleans the whole window even if it is not always 100% spotless, that doesnt leave holes in their lawn or marks on their paintwork.  At the end of the day most people just like to know that their windows are being cleaned properly. Most people will overlook the odd smear or spotting - squeegees dont leave the window 100% spotless or streakless, the customer usually overlooks margins, the odd streak and soap left on the frames and sills dont they?

karygate

« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2008, 07:56:03 am »
its not the tools its the person and you have always heard horror stories about traditional cleaners . i,ve never heard about a wfp falling through the roof and doing a runner or putting their ladders straight through our window.
   their are bad window cleaners out there whatever they use and unfortunately some have also given wfp a bad name just like they did traditional which wasn,t fair on either.
gary

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2008, 07:57:07 am »
Talking about mistakes WW i started with a trailer. I already had the trailer so i though i was being smart jumping into wfp for just about 2k.

I already had a ducato but that was always full with other biz. I would go sort 1st biz out and unload then go home for wc job. But then I had to go in garage and put all wc stuff on and then take it all off before I went in the evening to retrieve biz one.

So the idea was, i could come home, hitch up and go. The idea was a bad one, the trailer was too heavy, and I often had to disconnect it on drives and cul de sacs to turn round. The parking footprint needed to get it in any where was quite large so parking across other neighbours drive way frionts etc was a problem. The tank alone was 400l and then there was hose, di etc, and the weight of the trailer.

This is where I got to hate the physical work, especially lifting my hose in and out of the trailer every job.

trevor perry

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2008, 09:42:42 am »
i know what a lot are saying about trolleys and the hassle of filling barrels but we use a van mount but also have a trolley aswell because some jobs it is easier to take the trolley rather than pull out 100 metres of hose put cones in pedestrian areas and then get tangled up in all sorts of shrubs, true in most cases van mount is best but trolleys do have certain advantages.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Kev R

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2008, 09:52:19 am »
i know what a lot are saying about trolleys and the hassle of filling barrels but we use a van mount but also have a trolley aswell because some jobs it is easier to take the trolley rather than pull out 100 metres of hose put cones in pedestrian areas and then get tangled up in all sorts of shrubs, true in most cases van mount is best but trolleys do have certain advantages.

I agree, I have always had a van mount, but on a few jobs, I use a backpack / trolley because routing hoses would be a real hassle.  Trolleys really do come into their own in certain circumstances. The though of using it all day would be a massive no no though ;)

Simon_King

« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2008, 02:43:11 pm »
Ive got an APS Trolley and a Sureflo Backpack and carry 10 x 25 litre containers in my van.
Some times pulling the trolley about can be a pain but usually its a breeze.
Thing is most of my residential work is compact semis, some on busy main roads. Having loads of hose trailing on footpaths would be a hazzard and backing a van up 20 drives a day would be as much of a pain as lugging the trolley.
On a few of my commercial jobs a van mount would be nice but not essencial as I have 50metres of mini bore on my trolley. A lot of my work is away from the parking area so again a van mount would be of no real advantage.
Thats not to say when I change my van I wont go for a van mount then. But I'm sure I will still use my trolley as much.

Kev R

« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2008, 02:47:07 pm »
Thats not to say when I change my van I wont go for a van mount then. But I'm sure I will still use my trolley as much.

Trust me you wont Simon  ;)