This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WayneThomas

Re: keep hearing bad stories of wfp
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2008, 11:10:43 pm »
I hope no one else gets wfp as Im making a killing on bad painted frames and all sorts. Its to do with the user not the wfp. I have given up one job in two years and that was crittle aluminum. The rest have been fine even flakey paint. If it looks like trouble it takes more time so charge accordingly.

I used to answer loads of questions from the local window cleaners but now if they think its rubbish I say whatever, hay ho...don't listen to me, if you think its crap don't buy it and leave me to clean up... LOL

Hi Kev,

It's so nice when there's no competition. Good job we don't work the same areas, lol

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2008, 11:28:39 pm »
I hope no one else gets wfp as Im making a killing on bad painted frames and all sorts. Its to do with the user not the wfp. I have given up one job in two years and that was crittle aluminum. The rest have been fine even flakey paint. If it looks like trouble it takes more time so charge accordingly.

I used to answer loads of questions from the local window cleaners but now if they think its rubbish I say whatever, hay ho...don't listen to me, if you think its crap don't buy it and leave me to clean up... LOL
agree 100% ,nearly all come good in the end and if not who cares,dump em and find some more that do,as for everyone going back to trad ??? ??? ::) ::) somehow i think not

Kev R

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2008, 11:34:09 am »
If you had to go back to trad would you? I know I would concentrate on other areas of my business. I'm not risking my life everyday again for peanuts... the worlds moved on and so have I ;)

s.w.c

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2008, 11:46:18 am »
If you had to go back to trad would you? I know I would concentrate on other areas of my business. I'm not risking my life everyday again for peanuts... the worlds moved on and so have I ;)
[/quote
well said i agree with those words all the way.

macmac

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2008, 11:47:30 am »
It's not WFP that's the problem, it's the user. Often enough you will find that they have been given bad advise from a supplier they bought their equipment from.

Too true, & sold poor eqiupment too. Imagine a total newbie trying to clean windows with a 18ft extender cheese pole + flocked oval vikan :o He's handicapped before he even starts. I understand the suppliers side, they want to be competetive on a start up package but the result is a poorly equiped w/c'er who doesn't know any better. ::)

Tony

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2008, 12:32:10 pm »
JSMC,
It was me I started those rumours 10 years ago when I saw the light.

Working well aint they  ;D

s.w.c

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2008, 01:11:21 pm »
how big of a wooden spoon you got mr brimble :P

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2008, 07:12:52 pm »
 :o Wow such a lot of views...

I use wfp now my windows cleaning is no way as good as trad!

But then I prided myself on All Frames, Doors & Sills.
I used a sponge/scourer for tricky bit, I scrubbed the sills... ::)

I now do a very good job with wfp I am happy my customers are happy...
whats the prob???
It's faster it's safer...ITS GREAT  ;D

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2008, 07:15:40 pm »
:o Wow such a lot of views...

I use wfp now my windows cleaning is no way as good as trad!

But then I prided myself on All Frames, Doors & Sills.
I used a sponge/scourer for tricky bit, I scrubbed the sills... ::)

I now do a very good job with wfp I am happy my customers are happy...
whats the prob???
It's faster it's safer...ITS GREAT ;D
I cant see how unless you are doing something wrong you think trad is better.

I did trad for years still do it now, but wfp on most gives a better clean and far better shine if done correctly.

Ian

kris martin

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2008, 07:22:36 pm »
im just in the process of converting my round and my selling point to my customers is...    if it saves me from falling off the ladder its the only way... the customers cant argue with that and if they do they can kiss I disagree....    ive been converting now for 4 weeks done some second cleans which are hundred times better than the 1st and i used to hate going to work wondering if this could be a fall day ( we have all thought it) horrible thought but a real one... im converting, happy with my second cleans and unless i start loosin ALL of my customers wont be going back...

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2008, 07:28:03 pm »
On the other thread the size and value of the guys round mean't he had to be earning 800pw. When this was put to him he nearly cackked himself. He didn't know anybody who earned that type of money.

Enough said.

kris martin

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2008, 07:32:50 pm »
On the other thread the size and value of the guys round mean't he had to be earning 800pw. When this was put to him he nearly cackked himself. He didn't know anybody who earned that type of money.

Enough said.
your point

kris martin

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2008, 07:36:11 pm »

Enough said.
i know exactly how much i earn you looooooooser..  you dont have to tell me and yes my bum fell out when you put it too me

Simon_King

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2008, 08:00:17 pm »
A couple of trad cleaners came to talk to a mate of mine. Well I say talk more like goad him how they thought wfp was rubbish and how they where taking work off wf cleaners and how they where going to take over the town. ::)

They asked him why he used it and his answer was he liked getting paid for doing a rubbish job and that all his customers liked the poor work he did and where happy to pay good money to be ripped off!
He also said that he enjoyed spending money on equipment that was useless and over rated. ;D

He's been window cleaning for 25 years and water fed for 5 years. Ive been cleaning windows for 21 years and water fed for 4 years. Shock, horror!  :o Some jobs do come up better with trad. :o

But as a rule if you do the job right with water fed the results are as good if not better.

So many of my customers are saying what a great job it does and recomending me to others
that I'm convinced that if your not getting good results with wfp then either your water tds is poor or your technique is wrong. Most modern windows clean fine with wfp. Fact.

If your looking for a reasons not to go water fed then I'm sure you can find some.
However the reasons to go water fed far, far exceed the negative.

kris martin

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2008, 08:16:34 pm »
A couple of trad cleaners came to talk to a mate of mine. Well I say talk more like goad him how they thought wfp was rubbish and how they where taking work off wf cleaners and how they where going to take over the town. ::)

They asked him why he used it and his answer was he liked getting paid for doing a rubbish job and that all his customers liked the poor work he did and where happy to pay good money to be ripped off!
He also said that he enjoyed spending money on equipment that was useless and over rated. ;D

He's been window cleaning for 25 years and water fed for 5 years. Ive been cleaning windows for 21 years and water fed for 4 years. Shock, horror!  :o Some jobs do come up better with trad. :o

But as a rule if you do the job right with water fed the results are as good if not better.

So many of my customers are saying what a great job it does and recomending me to others
that I'm convinced that if your not getting good results with wfp then either your water tds is poor or your technique is wrong. Most modern windows clean fine with wfp. Fact.

If your looking for a reasons not to go water fed then I'm sure you can find some.
However the reasons to go water fed far, far exceed the negative.

agreed.... im just wondering about what will happen in winter and if things will go to crap by freezing up..

Simon_King

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2008, 08:31:06 pm »
I put a radiator in the back of my van at night if its going to freeze.
Not had too many problems with freezing in 4 years.
Water freezes for trad window cleaning as well but I'd rather use wfp in the winter that risk it up a ladder in the ice. ;)

kris martin

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2008, 09:10:26 pm »
i know first hand it freezes trad but i was worrying about when wfp hits the window
what happens

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2008, 09:12:22 pm »
It just freezes Kris.

Regards

Andrew

kris martin

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2008, 09:13:23 pm »
is there anything you can add to the water

paulscotney