This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Tennis or Golfers elbow.
« on: May 23, 2008, 09:15:11 pm »
I`ve got it at the moment and it`s driving me mad,i don`t seem to get it at work it`s when i get home lol,any tips to help it please.It`s in my left arm and this is not the pushing arm as i`m right handed.

Re: Tennis or Golfers elbow.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 09:20:39 pm »
Only cure is to rest it. I get it really bad from cleaning sills by hand and conservatory roof cleans. Ibruprofen Gel seems pretty good for me.

NWH

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 09:31:10 pm »
I`ve got it inside the elbow more in the inside of the forearm muscle,when it`s on the inside they call it golfers and when it`s on the outside they call it tennis.

john tomkins

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 09:32:53 pm »
I had this up to recently, suffered it a couple of months until it started waking me up in the night. Went to docs and he gave me the option of cortisone injection or anti-inflammatory tablets, having had a cortisone injection in my wrist a few years ago I went for the tablets, these helped but certainly didn't cure it and when I finished the course of tablets the pain came back.
What the doc did say though which I didn't know was, tennis elbow only lasts about 9 months and it goes as quick as it came.
9 months almost to the day I had no more pain, unbelievable really, but it happened to me.
Wanna cure it quick then go for the injection but it hurts :o

NWH

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 09:35:02 pm »
Thanks John,does it go on it`s own then as quick as it came.I`ve never had it before why do you think i`ve got it now.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 09:37:56 pm »
Mine starts on the outside then i can't straighten my arm. Moves to the inside to the forarm and feels like my bones are catching or rubbing together. Gets so bad i almost drop the pole. This week it seems to have gone.  :)

batterbee

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 09:54:30 pm »
Hi mate,

I also had tennis elbow and was offered pills or a injection but my doctor recommended i tried a tennis elbow brace like the second one down in the link www.bodybraces.co.uk/acatalog/Tennis_Elbow it really did help and am no longer in pain. you can get them from a chemist or any good sport shop.

John
JB CLEANING SERVICES, NORWICH, NORFOLK.

john tomkins

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 10:04:26 pm »
Thanks John,does it go on it`s own then as quick as it came.I`ve never had it before why do you think i`ve got it now.

I just didn't believe the doc when he said it comes in 9 month cycles but it did with me but I really suffered in that time, I had it in both elbows on that small bone just up from the big elbow joint, suppose if it came back again i would just go for the injection straight away.
No idea why I got it in the first place but I'm glad it's totally gone now :)

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 11:35:28 pm »
I had this up to recently, suffered it a couple of months until it started waking me up in the night. Went to docs and he gave me the option of cortisone injection or anti-inflammatory tablets, having had a cortisone injection in my wrist a few years ago I went for the tablets, these helped but certainly didn't cure it and when I finished the course of tablets the pain came back.
What the doc did say though which I didn't know was, tennis elbow only lasts about 9 months and it goes as quick as it came.
9 months almost to the day I had no more pain, unbelievable really, but it happened to me.
Wanna cure it quick then go for the injection but it hurts :o
it does hurt big time, try having it injected in your back that kills trust me.

paractimal does help a little (I was shocked aswell as they dont get rid of a headache) add codine to it and works for a few hours.

Ian

john tomkins

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 11:51:08 pm »
Ian I had it in my wrist and the pain was just  :o :o :o
They have to go right in to get between the bone joints and I could feel myself getting hotter and hotter and getting to the point of passing out.
Maybe I'm just a wimp ;D

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 11:53:54 pm »
Ian I had it in my wrist and the pain was just :o :o :o
They have to go right in to get between the bone joints and I could feel myself getting hotter and hotter and getting to the point of passing out.
Maybe I'm just a wimp ;D
not at all m8, it hurts like hell, I had it in my back in spine I cant say how that felt as I would get banned. It does hurt anywhere and god it hurt alot in back, lucky I was bitting pillow or I could have got in trouble for lashing out.

Ian

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 06:06:00 pm »
My dad gets it. What helps him alot is using both hands, so try to learn to become ambidextrous....this will help significantly, so swapping your working arm on the pole, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 07:29:21 pm »
Use machines to do as much as the work a possible, they never get tired and they don't want paying.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 08:20:10 pm »
My dad gets it. What helps him alot is using both hands, so try to learn to become ambidextrous....this will help significantly, so swapping your working arm on the pole, Luke
Today i havn`t had it,it seems to be getting better day by day.Today i had a strap on it which did help,i looked on some site that said don`t strap it right round the elbow more like at the top of the forearm where the elbow meets the forearm,it has helped.

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 08:43:52 pm »

;) Ambidextrous thats the word!
Use both arms make a conscience effort to chop and change all day!

It's called Repetitive Strain injury for a reason!
I had it with Trad, but thankfully not pole Yet! ;)

geefree

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 08:58:19 pm »
I Swear i had this reall a  bad a few years ago...

tried everything.... nothing worked...

then a friend advised ACUPUNCTURE

I know what your thinking as i was the same ???

but i had two private sessions at £25 each....

and i have never had it since...EVER.

And thats through all my 2 years of window cleaning.

its perfect... i would urge any of you guys to at least try it  ;)

it worked for me.

NWH

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 08:58:53 pm »
When i was trad i got a big Ganglion on my wrist due to blading,it`s completley gone now as quick as it came.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 09:07:42 pm »
I had tennis elbow a few months after starting WFP and painful it was too.  I was shown a technique by an acupuncturist that helped.
Basically, fold up the offending arm, clench the fist, and rest it in your other hand for support.  Then slowly unfold the arm gradually turning it away from yourself and, as you do this, start spreading out your fingers so that your arm ends up straight with the innere elbow and fingers pointing upwards.  Don't overstrain but just try to stretch it as you do this.  It may cause some clicking and cracking in your outer elbow but that's just stuff re-aligning itself I guess. If you repeat it several times per day it should help.  It's given me no trouble for over 18 months now.  Please noite that the pain was on the outer elbow.  This may not be appropriate for inner elbow pain.

cybersye

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 12:52:38 am »
when i had it I went for injection, helped for a while and then hospital physio gave me a strap, went back to docs but said it was too soon for another jab (2 months) doc prescribed a chilli based cream to rub on my elbow at the source of the pain, apparantly what it does is numb the nerve endings causing the pain, i took rest for about a week and continued to use a support strap when i returned to work and as Luke said tried to alternate between left and right arms, well it worked and has'nt returned in two years. Dont know the brand name of the cream but ask your doctor as they should know and I had to get in on prescription, all i can say is it worked for me.
Simon

neil100

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 10:53:42 am »
I have not had it now for a year. Heres my tips to help.
Use a lightweight pole with lightweight brush and lightweight hose. This makes a massive diffrence. for me I mainly use an 18' pole and I wont take work on that is higher then 24'.

To help with the pain go to Holland & Barratts and get a jar of Blue Ease cream. It contains Emmu Oil so it penatrates through the skin into the muscle and joints. You will get a nice warm felling around the joint whilst your at work. Great stuff.

Take Glucosamine and Chondroitin Tablets.They help with the soft tissue around the bones.

Take breaks. Though I clean for over 8 hours a day with no problem now.I do 5 hours non stop in the morning.try the cream its very very good.

Neil