This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon knight

Dutch Dave
« on: May 23, 2008, 06:01:56 pm »

Ages ago a bloke called Dave used to post on here. English guy who went to live in Holland. He used to show at the bottom of his messages how many leaflets put out/number of live customers/quotes given etc...

Anyone know what became of him?

Art

Re: Dutch Dave
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 07:11:32 pm »
He posts as pingu now

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 07:11:51 pm »
Hi Simon.

He is fine and still window cleaning I believe.

Have a look at the keeping motivated topic.

He is Pingu.

Regards

Andrew

simon knight

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 07:14:25 pm »

Aha...thanks guys.

pingu

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2008, 10:48:09 am »
Yo am still alive and eating cheese, wearing cloggs and getting used to bad driving..... ;D ;D

simon knight

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 03:02:15 pm »

Good to know you're still around. How's life treating you in Cloggie land?

pingu

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 04:43:26 pm »
Very well...the business grows at around 1.4 customers per week and our averages have remained the same so it is onwards and upwards...

I contine to geek the business, have just fitted a water meter to the inlet pump and a water meter to the outlet side of the wfp system so over time will know even more information and water usage and the like...it's a geeky world this wfp  ;D ;D

I still do the numbers and to tell the truth..I do in far more indepth now...

Many thanks for asking...

Cheers
Dave.

pingu

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 05:32:36 pm »
Very well...the business grows at around 1.4 customers per week and our averages have remained the same so it is onwards and upwards...

I continue to geek the business, have just fitted a water meter to the inlet pump and a water meter to the outlet side of the wfp system so over time will know even more information and water usage and the like...it's a geeky world this wfp  ;D ;D

Cheers
Dave.

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 05:52:14 pm »

I continue to geek the business, have just fitted a water meter to the inlet pump and a water meter to the outlet side of the wfp system so over time will know even more information and water usage and the like...it's a geeky world this wfp  ;D ;D

Cheers
Dave.

:) It would be interesting to read your findings Dave!
  8)

pingu

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 06:33:55 pm »
Alot of my numbers are very much...start/finish time, total hours worked, money taken per day, week, month, 8weekly....leaflets out in area's, gains, losses, moves, suspended, one-off's, quotes successfull, unsuccesfull.

With these numbers it is possible for me to find out alot about my business and then combined with year end accounts...this I find is very intresting as I can drill the business info and work out what is god/bad for me....

I will post my water usage but all the other numbers are really only relevent to me now....

I used to post things like how many leaflets I posted and quotes achieved, won/lost etc but these have somewhat lost their meaning and most area's have been leafleted about 6 times now so the averages have very little meaning...

If I can help with anything please ask.

Cheers
Dave.

Dean Taberner

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 05:39:02 pm »
Do you have any employees Dave?
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

pingu

Re: Dutch Dave New
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 05:40:57 pm »
No sorry I do not have any employee's, I imagine that it will be some time before I go down that road...as I stand today...I enjoy being my own boss and when our business is full I will then prune it and remove the chaff and replant....hope for future years of bumper crops... ;D

I liken my accounts as if I were a farmer....I sow and then harvest....

Cheers
Dave.