This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Which one of these helps your business either directly or just through marketing.

FWC
3.4%
2 (3.4%)
BWCA
5.1%
3 (5.1%)
FSB
5.1%
3 (5.1%)
Other
13.6%
8 (13.6%)
None
72.9%
43 (72.9%)

Total Members Voted: 55

wcs.

? New
« on: May 23, 2008, 04:14:19 pm »

Re: Which one strengthens your business?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 08:47:35 pm »
 ??? I feel that unless the general public know who you are (The federations )

No-one cares!  8)

Businesses may insist on some sort of backing by a federation Councils demand such things I believe!
If you want contracts you have to join one!
My opinion thats all!  8)

DASERVICES

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 09:14:54 pm »
License for me, it's a winner ;)

You forgot SLWCN ;D

Kev R

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 09:26:16 pm »
Safe contractor has helped me gain commercial work but domestic customers dont care as long as their windows are clean  ;)

Kev R

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 09:39:51 pm »
Do electricians and plumbers have to be licensed in scotland?

mr D

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 08:48:47 pm »
any one know how much it cost to join any of these?

poleman

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 08:53:19 pm »
All around the hundred pound mark a year

Ian Rochester

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 08:53:48 pm »
We're in FWC, but the results speak for themselves, I think very few people will say that being a member of any of these organisations strengthens their business in the eyes of joe public.  Why, because entry into any of these is basically a formality, in the case of the FWC if you can demonstrate that you have PL insurance then you can get in, how does that make you a more professional business?

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 09:18:49 pm »
a few of these are well way of touch and outdated,

hence why most people are saying none, there are so many out there now does it make any difference unknown.

I could offer the same a logo as long as you are insured get an area(webpage) on my windowwashers for less then half a little re jig and it would be just the same but would have more benifit of custom

paulscotney

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 09:25:04 pm »
It is not organised properly, I am a member of 2 and u can only vote for one !!!

paulscotney

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 09:27:16 pm »
Just re read the post. Sorry. I have mgwc on all my stationery now. Looks good. Am also in FSB and BWCA

paulscotney

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 09:34:17 pm »
Ewan
Cleanitup God

View Profile    
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 10:01:00pm »    Reply with quote
Understand your point but they have to be regulated differently.
Licensing can only benefit those that have it (if it’s available).

Window cleaning is swamped with cowboys and professionals offering poor service (maybe because they have to compete with those that price to low)

The image of window cleaning needs to change and the customer’s perception, Licensing wont solve the problem but will go towards helping.

(Its no big deal there use to be a dog licence)...................................

Tne dog licence was abolished as no one paid. So why would a window cleaning licence be any different.!!!!!!!!

pjulk

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 09:42:53 pm »
Tne dog licence was abolished as no one paid. So why would a window cleaning licence be any different.!!!!!!!

And a dog licence should be bought back may help cut down on all these poor abandoned animals.

Im not a member of any organisation and at the moment shall not be joining any.
Why is because my workload is full and don't want any more work so i don't think i really need it.

paulscotney

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 10:31:49 pm »
Why would a dog licence make any difference. No one paid b4 and they wouldn't now.  Except for the decent caring people. What a lot of balls.

paulscotney

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2008, 10:35:01 pm »
and most of them didn't pay either. 37 and 1/2 pence wasn't worth bothering with. Neither would be £5 allowing for inflation. (That fly is annoying)

groundhog

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 10:45:02 pm »

If you want contracts you have to join one!
My opinion thats all!  8)

I don't belong to any of these organisations, I have thought about it, but to me it seems like a legalised form of a protection racket!!

Two years ago I lost a large commercial job because the management company decided they would only use window cleaners who belonged to laddersfree. This year however I got a call from the manager of the care home in question saying that she would like me to quote for the contract again, I did and I have won it back. I was told that there was so many complaints from the residents about the laddersfree registered company, and she and the residents were delighted to have me back!!! ;D 

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 12:04:11 am »
If you turn over £100'000 what is £350 to join all 3

Being a member of any apart from the fsb should go along way to securing that contract

NWH

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 12:07:25 am »
If you turn over £100'000 what is £350 to join all 3

Being a member of any apart from the fsb should go along way to securing that contract
I don`t care what anybody turnsover,turnover is for vanity profit is sanity. ;D ;D ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 12:21:00 am »
In window cleaning turnover = profit , the over heads are hardly killers are they

NWH

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 12:25:28 am »
In window cleaning turnover = profit , the over heads are hardly killers are they
To true Dave,this is what makes me laugh when people moan and groan about spending on a pole,the amount it will earn you to what it`s costs you is minimal.