This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peekeclean

Varistream staying on
« on: May 23, 2008, 01:21:00 pm »
today i noticed my varistream not switching off. by the time i got to the van from the back of this house all the pipes to the DI was driping and the pump still running??
tomorrow i will get the pressure gage out and test the pressure as it should switch off at about 110psi.

any idears??

cheers joe

AuRavelling79

Re: Varistream staying on
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 04:19:42 pm »
The fact that the pipes were dripping is why it was staying on.

So if it's been ok 'til now I reckon you've got a loose joint, clip, seal or o-ring.

It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 06:50:47 pm »
You have it set wrong either within the box or if it`s a digi 1 outside,you have to set it for the type of hose your using.Most that come will do the job without touching it,try and get it to shut off in about 5 seconds,this has to be done on the old 1 like i say within the box itself or on the new 1 by using the arrows on the front.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 07:01:45 pm »
Agree with Malc, it's your leaking connections.

If it is over pressuring then this is adjustable (assuming it's not kaput), blue dial or adjust letter on digi.

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 07:22:58 pm »
Mine did this on a knackered battery, it seems when the voltage is low the varistreem can't sense when to turn off. Check with Jeff1 if he's about.

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 07:29:54 pm »
If there are any leaks at all anywhere after a pump with a Varistream the pump will run. Maybe in short bursts or constantly.

If it was fine before it won't be the varistream causing the leaks. It will be the leaks that are the problem.

Regards

Andrew

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 07:46:15 pm »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: DJW on January 30, 2008, 04:24:24 PM
Popped in for a bit of lunch and when i came back out i had about 150L of my finest pure water over the road pumping itself out of the back of my van. Turned the Varistream off and noticed one of the connectors had blown off. Put it back together and tightened the joint and switched on. The Varistreem decided to have a laugh and refused to regulate the pressure - so much so that the seal on my DI vessel blew out  . fixed that and started again - everything ok. Got to the next job - loads of pressure but bugger all flow. Just about to start biting my pole in anger when i remembered i had a newer battery in the van - stuck that on and everything hunky dory. So Jeff1, what's going on, don't varistreams like flat batteries?

Sorry Dave just noticed this post.
A varistream is regulated at 12v and normally has a tolerance of around -/+2v, so if your battery voltage was around or lower than 10v then yes it will play up

peekeclean

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 04:41:24 pm »
Just been out and tested the pressure with my gage and have set the blue dial so it cuts out at about 115 psi so should have no probs with it shutting off now.

I think iv got some air getting in somewhere but all my connections seem ok(no dripping water), just my first clean everyday seems a bit airlock to start for a bit then ok. But it takes a while for the water to start sucking through the filter before the pump so it must be getting sucked back and creating airlocks.
Then once its clear of air its good for the day?If i disconnect the pipe from the pump to DI then start the pump as soon as i see water connect it back up all is good just get soaked.

what do you think, any help?

cheers joe

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 11:28:16 pm »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Jeff1, what's going on, don't varistreams like flat batteries?

Nothing we have likes a flat battery, were all inclined to think that a flat battery is something with all the power drained  from it, where in reality a battery at or below 11.2 volts is considered to be flat.

All electrical items do have a +/- of a few volts and unless a piece of equipment is built from top quality components, then this tolerance factor of +/- can vary quite considerably, so where your varistream may stop functioning correctly at 11v mine might not stop until the voltage was around 10v or vise versa.
Also don't forget that if your battery is not fully charged each day, then more and more problems with your electronic equipment will raise its head more and more each day.

Like always my advice is fully charge your batteries on a regular basis.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 11:33:38 pm »
115psi?
Do you really need it that high?

I use a flowmaster and a 100psi shurflo pump. I've recently adjusted the pumps pressure switch down to 70 PSI because the initial spurt of water when I switched the autobrush on was a tad powerful. From what I've read, a 60 psi pump will easily push water to the top of a 60' pole,.. so why bother with more?
It just adds extra strain on your pipes, joints, pump, battery etc.

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 11:34:22 pm »
Just been out and tested the pressure with my gage and have set the blue dial so it cuts out at about 115 psi so should have no probs with it shutting off now.

I think iv got some air getting in somewhere but all my connections seem ok(no dripping water), just my first clean everyday seems a bit airlock to start for a bit then ok. But it takes a while for the water to start sucking through the filter before the pump so it must be getting sucked back and creating airlocks.
Then once its clear of air its good for the day?If i disconnect the pipe from the pump to DI then start the pump as soon as i see water connect it back up all is good just get soaked.

what do you think, any help?

cheers joe
On your first clean of the day when you switch on your pump, does it spray out a lot of bubbles? Like your spraying soap onto the windows?
If the above is correct then, your pump is sucking in air, so you won't necessarily see any leaks from your system, re-check and tighten the joints on the in-let side of your pump.