Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tom Mac

Re: Keeping Motivated
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 06:10:09 am »
Have the odd day doing your old job. Mine was lorry driving. I still do the odd day to keep my hand, and at the end of the day i say the same thing. Why did i take this job today, give me back my windows.
Motivated
:)

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 06:27:32 am »
Have the odd day doing your old job. Mine was lorry driving. I still do the odd day to keep my hand, and at the end of the day i say the same thing. Why did i take this job today, give me back my windows.
Motivated
:)

I get nightmares I am back shoveling pig s*** :o  Soon gets me back in the mood.
Then put Zorba the Greek on the CD player and I remember WHY I am earning the Money 8)

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

pingu

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 10:02:55 am »
Motivation is hard...at the moment it is about earning enough to get a mortgage...at that it is anyones guess...but yes this job is and does get very boring, mind numbing.

Dave.

mr D

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 10:25:33 am »
i cant say i ever get bord or its mind numbing. but i do get lonely having no one to chat to. probaly why i come on here as much as i do!! :-[

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 10:28:27 am »
Call me simple or whatever you want but I really enjoy Window Cleaning....and because of that it probably helps me earn more than those who dont enjoy it, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

RPCCS

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 11:13:43 am »
Good to see there are some rock music appreciators out there, dont forget the mighty Status Quo, no matter how fed up I get a dose of SQ is the "perfect remedy" couldn't resist that , it was 1 of their albums years ago :D
Cheers Rich

simon knight

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 11:39:15 am »

For me Cheltenham & Gloucester are motivation enough ::)

AJ

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 02:24:35 pm »
Being skint is a great motivator, and if you don't do the work you will be.

elite mike

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 03:16:56 pm »
Black Sabbath, Deep Purple

great taste there dave:D  :D

dont forget   thunder  and budgie

macmac

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 03:25:52 pm »
Van halen, hendrix, stevie ray vaughn, journey, whitesnake, & of course old "slow hand" eric clapton. ;)

Tony

Tosh

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 05:03:38 pm »
My round is a little over six years old and I have old compact work which doesn't pay as well as my later better paid work; which often involves driving between jobs.

When my old work is due, I/we find it easy to take a day off, but when my new work is due; we're there no problem, starting as early as we can to pack it all in.

So for us, and other guys I've spoken to, money is a strong motivating force; just make sure you price well and you'll stay motivated.

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2008, 08:13:16 pm »
That was pretty good Tosh, I agree.

You had a dark spell not long ago, talking about chucking it all in and selling insurance. I couldn't understand that.

Glad to see you've got your vitality back.

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2008, 11:27:58 pm »
 :)  ;D Many thanks for the reply's

Good music then!  ;D

I think I will copy some of my old stuff/records onto mini discs then !  8)

I usually just listen to the radio, but I can see this might work...

kid yourself your not working and loose yourself in the music   8)

Excellent  ;D ;D ;D

mr D

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2008, 12:31:17 am »
Status Quo :-X :-[

you avin a bubble?

jimmy hendrix on the other hand 8)

''well i climb up next to a mountin,  and i chop it down with the edge of my squeege''

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2008, 12:34:09 am »
:) ;D Many thanks for the reply's

Good music then! ;D

I think I will copy some of my old stuff/records onto mini discs then ! 8)

I usually just listen to the radio, but I can see this might work...

kid yourself your not working and loose yourself in the music 8)

Excellent ;D ;D ;D
mini disk, its all mp3 players these days :D

groundhog

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2008, 01:52:29 am »
My stopwatch motivates me, I time every job and make a note of the time. I then strive to beat my best time every time I clean.  :)

mr D

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2008, 02:49:58 am »
My stopwatch motivates me, I time every job and make a note of the time. I then strive to beat my best time every time I clean.  :)

lol. i thought i'd be the only nutter who did this!

rocks when your on fire! sucks when your not! :(

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2008, 02:58:29 am »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zpTQCQEFhg

Start with yourself  ;)

my reply to topic

pingu

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2008, 07:12:52 am »
Now do not get me wrong..but as my round grows I am getting more houses on the same street...that's all fantastic but on some roads where I have loads of the same type of house...I find I can get a bit bored especially if I am there for hours and hours....do you find the same....now I know this is good business to be inthe same place, less packing/unpacking but never the less...I do get bored at times.

How about you...

Cheers
Dave.

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2008, 08:07:57 am »
I get bored if i know the round. By taking on different frequency cleans no two weeks are the same. I like the money of compact work but hate the predictability of the day.