Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lands

Re: what marketing works for you
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 08:47:14 pm »
You can change it any time you like Dave.

Think it might be worth us speaking. Call me if you want. 07816 276290. am free at mo.

Can I use your photo on my website?

Pete

davep

carpet_care

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 08:58:15 pm »
Sorry davep just seen your post been catching up with at home with the Hattons.

I,m pretty busy here not from yellow pages though even though i give them £370.00 a month ,lucky if add pays for itself.

Luckily I am in the position of being in business for over 14 years so dont really have a quite spell.

Must admit the advertising side is slightly down on last year but I never do leaflets and dont ring regular customers with reminders ,wait for them to ring me.

I am sure a must loose the odd one or two because of this but I tend to average 3 to 4 jobs aday more at xmas so happy enough with that.

Are you busy yourself,  Regards Andy Locke.

lands

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 09:18:46 pm »
Sure you can use it, I will call you tomorrow if ok, whens a good time?

Hi Dave

Anytime tomorrow mate. Have you got that photo on a jpeg or pdf or something you can send me. I'd be surprised in Spencer did'nt want it too.

Pete

*paul_moss

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 09:33:35 pm »
Pete, you got a date off yell yet.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

*paul_moss

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2008, 09:39:12 pm »
Dave how do you get the picture thing on your web site, the one with loads of beforeand after pics
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

davep

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2008, 09:42:57 pm »
Its part of my website template (one of the options) im with 1&1.com.  I think there is software that is similar about..

carpet_care

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2008, 09:49:47 pm »
I have some customers around Aigbourth ,Allerton ,mossleyhill etc and do work for a few estate agents around Liverpool town center but the majority is more my end ,Aintree, Maghull,ormskirk, kirkby etc.

Regards Andy Locke.

lands

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2008, 09:53:22 pm »
Pete, you got a date off yell yet.

Not yet mate

Sorry, had to take a few diverts along the way but hoping to get a date tomorrow

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2008, 07:23:23 am »
Andy h can you confirm your got a two months trial did you give them your Direct Debit Details

The reason I ask is two fold

We have been told for £40 a month we only pay 10 months making it look like you get two months free.

I was not ver keen and wife has been speaking to them, but I did make a suggestion that I was prepared to give it a go for three months and then give a months notice to Cancel if not happy with results , with no comebacks from Yell Com they turned me down

I was not happy with restrictive postcode

Ie My Town  or search for all of Norfolk or East Anglia

Yet if some is 7 miles down the road and uses area or Postcode Search for that spicific area I would not be highlighted without paying considerably more.

I asked for a 13mile radius  Postcode search for my money not unreasonable in a rural area for my £400 a year plus VAT

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2008, 09:36:10 pm »
Yes Ian, I had to give my dd details before it could go ahead, I made certain though that I had in writing no money would be taken from my account if I cancel before the trial ends.

Price wise it seems they do indeed just pluck figures from the air.

I'm not sure what the area coverage is, The guy (Matt) just told me it would cover all of York so I didn't think to ask about radius.

It is working though, I've had another job book in today from it and a few price quotes

Cheers

Andy
Www.2venturegroup.com

lands

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2008, 09:46:47 pm »
Andy, how much are you paying on trial?

Pete

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2008, 10:35:44 am »
If they had acepted my deal I would have risked £160 I am told that is the price you have negotiated for a full year Pete?

However I was prepared to experiment for three months followd by a months notice.

I did not put my name down for your deal Pete as at the time I had o interest in Yell. Com

I only got involved as they had contacted my wife with all the sales talk etc so I said I would sign on that condition.

spencer davies

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2008, 02:28:12 pm »
Andy,

Get a link page added on your website and start exchanging links with other c cleaners, make sure you get your link titles right, for example have your hyper link behind your title, for example carpet cleaning Brighton & Hove rather than getting someone to add your web address to their site, which isn't very uselful.

Regards

S

davep

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2008, 02:42:00 pm »
May need to change mine from 'liverpool carpet cleaner' to 'carpet cleaning in liverpool'

Would that be more effective Spencer?

Joe H

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2008, 03:07:54 pm »
whats the reasoning behind that Spencer?

spencer davies

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2008, 10:56:06 pm »
I would leave out the 'in' also. I ask all customers which search terminology they use, this format is by far the most used.

Best regards

S