This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Derek_Walker

Re: Why Not a Truck Mount?
« Reply #260 on: May 22, 2008, 07:25:56 am »
Joe 300 psi should normally be sufficient for rinsing the carpet, especially if it has been prepared before hand. Let the cleaning agent do the work for you with plenty of dwell time and agitation. In my own personal experience having a truck mount will not necessarily make the job go quicker on small domestic jobs, it is the large jobs where you will find the truckmount comes into it's own. You can go up to 400 to 450 psi as you have the equipment to do it, but to be honest it is all down to working differently. The glides are good are'nt they :)

nevil

« Reply #261 on: May 22, 2008, 10:17:55 am »
At 500 psi, doesn't the water pass through the pile into the backing and beyond. I have never tried to clean at that kind of pressure. I am normally  between 200 -300 on the gauge. And if agitation is required, I would get a machine out. 

liahona

« Reply #262 on: May 22, 2008, 11:23:23 am »
Nevil. I havent had a problem in the 15 years of cleaning at that pressure.  Most I know clean at the same pressure too.

The added umph over 200 generally negates having to use a mechanical form of agitation.

Best, Dave.

spencer davies

« Reply #263 on: May 22, 2008, 02:32:06 pm »
I have been using a Dri master upholstery tool instead of our CFR one recently, the jet less system seems to work really well, with fast drying times.

One carpets, usually 250 - 300 psi

Regards

S

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #264 on: May 22, 2008, 06:14:22 pm »
Mmm, interesting set of responses and surely the most restrained and yet thorough Truck Mount / Portable debate this industry has ever seen.

The reason I use a Truck Mount is very simple and very basic. As a professional carpet cleaner I cannot offer my customers anything less than what I know to be the best. The best machines, the best chemicals, the best tools and yes, the best training (thank you Ron Tilley)
That doesn't mean that I think that I am the best, far from it,  it simply means that I strive to do the very best job money, tools, machines, knowledge and experience will allow me to do and boy-oh-boy has it paid off.

Simon

Dave_Lee

« Reply #265 on: May 22, 2008, 06:58:42 pm »
Joe,
To be honest I dont take the glide off, I use an unglided wand and a 1.5 inch tubed one at that, they are easy to use without a glide. However this doesnt happen very often and I range my pressure from 250 - 400 psi depending on carpet type and profile.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

richie

« Reply #266 on: May 22, 2008, 08:32:08 pm »
Myself & most carpet cleaners i know run their TM at 300-350psi.  This i feel is more than enough on domestic and most commercial work.  On rare occassions i may crank it up to 400-450psi at a push on real bad night club heavy bar tar or resturant heavy grease build up.  Anything less than heavily soiled carpets clean perfect at no more than 300-350psi. 

Many Many years ago i was called out to clean the carpets at one of the Ritzy Night Clubs.  The carpet to one bar area was the dirtiest i have seen in the 15 years ive been carpet cleaning.  We HEAVILY pre-treated the area with Prochem Enzyme Pre-Spray.  Then extracted at 450psi with a Prochem Performer 800A (top of the range PC TM at the time).  I was gobsmacked.  It didnt touch it.  We soaked it again with the Enzyme and this time cranked the pressure upto 600psi,  little result.  I had a chat with the General Manager telling him that the carpet needed replacement.  He virtually begged me to do whatever because he had been informed by enviromental health that the club could not open with the carpets in such bad state.  I could only think of one thing to do.  I informed the GM that the only way i could see that area (about 100-150sqm) would get cleaned in time along with the rest of the club was to clean that area via pressure cleaning it.  He said   JUST DO WHATEVER.  I informed him that the carpet was likely to shrink & that it would make a hell of a mess up the walls/bar & fittings.  He called 3 staff in along with 4 cleaners.  As i was pressure cleaning (800psi) with a pressure washing lance, the carpet the lad with me was extracting the water and sludge.  Got the whole club cleaned and ready for opening.  The manager was over the moon.  NO SHRINKAGE.  The carpet had been preseved by all the build of of crap so looked like new.    Me & the lad with me were covered in black crap.  The cleaners had a nightmare washing walls and everything else down.  The manager handed us 4 crates of lager as a thank you.   Another GOOD reason to have a TRUCKMOUNT.

Richie.

colin thomas

« Reply #267 on: May 22, 2008, 08:43:36 pm »
joe, i usually clean at around 300, if minging then 350, over this pressure and (a) you don't get a better clean and (b) you use a lot more water over a day,

colin
colin thomas

carpetworx

« Reply #268 on: May 23, 2008, 01:39:18 am »
Great story Richie.
Joe,i clean at about 450-500,but if i'm doing a real bad rental,i turn it up to around 1000psi mark.never had a problem.

Joe H

« Reply #269 on: May 23, 2008, 07:18:58 am »
Well, there is a variety of answers in that lot.

Taken it all onboard, thank you.

Best thing to do is try the suggestions for myself on the job.

I am sure all the other would be TM out there are reading this good info too.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #270 on: May 23, 2008, 05:51:43 pm »
Did a carpet job today with my Rhino twin vac portable. To be fair the machine did a reasonable job but god what a load of hassle filling and emptying and the extra time  setting up and lifting it in and out of the van.
The truck Mount would have done the job in under half the time and without all of that hassle. Portable guy's.... you're welcome to it! I'd rather make money than drag a bucket on wheels around the place.

Simon

gwrightson

« Reply #271 on: May 23, 2008, 05:55:28 pm »
well well simon  a reasonable job . Not good enough!!! ;)
why cant you get good results with a porty?   

even as you say it takes you longer , surly good results are to be expected

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

psg

« Reply #273 on: May 23, 2008, 07:24:59 pm »
£100k  ::) ::)

i know a lot of T/M owners  its a very small number that earn anything near that amount.

Peter obviously you live in a different world to me because In my world what you've said bares no relation to reality

'people who work within this industry have very little money and mostly do it alongside a paying job'

'people can make a full time living from Carpet and Upholstery cleaning, maybe not a good living but a living never the less.'

where do you get this load of crap from? , Peter Blackburns big book of bullpoop :D :D

psg

« Reply #274 on: May 23, 2008, 07:30:35 pm »
I don't often agree with Mike but anyone who belives that they can make 100k a year peddling day to day carpet cleaning needs a reality check. maybe contracts on big boats blah blah blah its possible but not for the bread & butter guy. The 2 we have would struggle to do the 100k & we do a lot of insurance work.

gwrightson

« Reply #275 on: May 23, 2008, 07:32:29 pm »
simon,

you stated you got Reasonable results with your porty !!!!

I was asking why only reasonable ?

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

PaulKing

« Reply #276 on: May 23, 2008, 07:44:41 pm »
I think this is the longest running thread yet?

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Darren O

« Reply #277 on: May 23, 2008, 07:53:43 pm »
Simon only wants to put the boot into porty users i think this thread has run its course.

lands

« Reply #278 on: May 23, 2008, 08:00:11 pm »
Simon only wants to put the boot into porty users i think this thread has run its course.

Not after a comment like that it won't be ::)

mitch2810

« Reply #279 on: May 23, 2008, 08:10:46 pm »
No Darren, Simon is not putting the boot in to porty users, he is a professional carpet cleaner at the top of his game who just uses the best equipment that money can buy. If you are not in this position then maybe you are just envious of one who is.
Phil