This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Susan Dean (1stclean)

Re: Why Not a Truck Mount?
« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2008, 02:55:14 pm »
bang on simon i am more then willing to take somebody out for the day as ive said in anthor post what have people got to lose but a bit on diesle money ????

Len Gribble

« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2008, 08:16:49 pm »
Joe

Wait till you get the tank then take a lot of measurements for the fabricators also ask for the lightest for the purpose (mines Angle iron) don’t get it paint sprayed take it to a powder coater (shame you are not local I make a few bob recommending customer have there rads done)

It seems/looks like I’m more frugal than Shaun but you have to understand very expensive wife new wiper blades today £55 ouch the list is end less.

Mike

Mine dose not come with Van so a barging 8)

Dave

Thought the Eu was looking at patio heaters gases. ;)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2008, 08:42:19 pm »
Len

Your posts always remind me of that Stanley Unwin geezer. ;D 

Len Gribble

« Reply #163 on: May 11, 2008, 08:36:21 am »
 ;D ;D
len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2008, 09:32:40 am »
Did a job yesterday morning and on the coffee table was a piece of paper with the names and numbers of the two carpet cleaners they'd rung for a quote, us and another local Truck Mount operator.
Ominous or what?

Simon

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #165 on: May 11, 2008, 10:33:32 am »
As joe uses cold water cant see why he need a truckmount just fill Scorpian with customers hose and away you go.

;D ;D ;D

Darren O

« Reply #166 on: May 11, 2008, 10:46:50 am »
I think we are starting to get a bit carried away here with truckmounts ive been cleaning carpets for 3 years and only once have i been asked if i used a truckmount and the customer was american.I would say 99% of customers dont no what a truckmount is and to be honest dont realy care.The amount of customers that say thats some machine that when they see my raptor i dont realy think it would make much difference to them if you just came in with a wand and hoses and told them you have a truckmount in the van.I no truckmounts are a lot better faster and quicker drying times and i will be getting one in a couple of years but fot the moment iam more than happy with using portys and so are my customers.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #167 on: May 11, 2008, 12:02:28 pm »
Darren,
You're saying all of the things that portable guy's always say, when you do finally move up, you'll be saying all of the things that ex-portable guy's always say, I WISHED I'D DONE IT YEARS AGO!.
But hey, f you're happy with your lot then you can't ask for more than that, can you?

Simon

« Reply #168 on: May 11, 2008, 12:34:01 pm »
Simon

Old people say they should have bought their caravan earlier too. You have to be at the right point in your life.

Darren O

« Reply #169 on: May 11, 2008, 12:52:07 pm »
I would love to have a truckmount just now but cant afford it at the moment as i just bought a new van on dec2006 and we also do window cleaning and have a wfp system in the van at the moment but it works well with the portys.I would have to put 2 vans on the road so i will just wait a year or 2 and build up the carpet cleaning side.Also would a nissan primaster lwb be big enough for a truckmount.

Len Gribble

« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2008, 06:13:24 pm »
Darren

Are you aware there is a portable wfp system (have to say nice bit of kit) it also uses customer water and electricity. Both would fit in my Vito.

Mike

Caravan some of my best holidays, camping Nautic Almata Spain highly recommend it. ;D

Len

« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2008, 06:22:45 pm »
I rest my case  ;D

Len Gribble

« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2008, 08:46:00 pm »
Mike

But I was a lot younger then 85 I believe, that’s 1985 doesn’t time fly. ;D

Len

Joe H

« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2008, 08:49:26 pm »
As joe uses cold water cant see why he need a truckmount just fill Scorpian with customers hose and away you go.

;D ;D ;D
Seems to me a story has got round that all Scorpion users have been indoctinated to use only cold water and it aint true at all.
It isnt written in a clause that when you by a Scorpion you must only clean carpets with cold water.
I have stated on here that I have cleaned carpets with cold water, recently in a pub I do every 6 months but on the latest occassion there was no hot water in the taps. Didnt worry me - just cracked on a did it with cold and the result was good.
I do prefer to use customers hot water tap though.
Rarely do I take the in line heater with me, but when I do and use it I get really hot water from it So I have all options covered. Thats pretty good business practice to my mind.

Today Doug has done a article regarding using non detergents and he mentions hot cool and even cold water can be used as long as you substitute less heat with more agitation and time.

I have not fallen out with the Scorpion at all, if I had I would be selling it and I am not. I now have a really good stand by machine, and, all other things being equal, when the time comes to pack up I will have a good package to sell.

I know the truck mount produces lots of heat, and if I really wanted to I could probably by pass the heat exchanger and use cold water all the time.  ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #174 on: May 11, 2008, 09:28:17 pm »
Manufacturers will often change the words to suit the product, the Scorpion has 2 cords to power it but to add an heater would be 3 and realistically 1 too many so they sell Eco cold water cleaning to match the machine.

I think the arguement comes of the statements that cold water cleans as well as hot but whether you believe it or not I believe that hot water cleans quicker and puts a profit on the table.

And there's no politics with me!

Shaun

Joe H

« Reply #175 on: May 12, 2008, 09:18:35 pm »
Hi Joe just come in and seen your post .good to see you have made the transition from portie to truckmount.

It was me who was on the leather course with you and paul last year,didnt realise it was you until  I seen your photo the other week.
 Youve made some posts in just a year am sure I told you about these forums last may.
 Ive not long swapped myself from the ninjas to the prowler ,you will probably hate it for the first day or two but just persavere and you will never look back.
As shaun said John Kelly top bloke will be able to supply the water tank and the demand pump and at afraction of the cost of what some other companies whant .
 Happy truckmounting , Andy Locke ;)

Hi Andy,  Good to here from you.
Nice one - getting the Prowler - if I had the money one would be in my van I am sure.
Ordered the freh water tank from JK, and the water pump. Greenie glide coming from Solutions tomorrow.
Took JK's adice and mounting the water tank on the floor between wheel arches. Spreads the weight. I will put a false floor on top. Only lifts the floor 13".
Had the machine up and running this morning (Monday),  and did a job for a lady, hall and stairs, but she would'nt pay me :(
Always have this problem with the wife ;D
Hope to meet up with you again sometime.

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2008, 09:30:57 pm »
Shaun i can assure you that the eco slant and cold water cleaning had nothing to do with promoting the scorpion! Trust me I know!

Cheers Goron

carpet_care

« Reply #177 on: May 12, 2008, 11:01:09 pm »
Nice one Joe ;) ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #178 on: May 14, 2008, 07:46:53 pm »
Since starting this topic I have done 15 domestic jobs. 6 were repeats, 4 were recommends and 5 were new customers that got us from our various ads. Of those 5, four of them had previously used another carpet cleaner using a portable, the other couldn't remember what the previuos CC used.
All five went WOW when the job was done and all five said, 'It's never looked so clean!' or variations on the same theme. All five will stick with us or other Truck Mount companies in the future simply because they didn't know that carpet cleaning could be so good and now that they've found out cleaning really is that good, why would they go back to what they had?

This isn't a criticism of portable operators, far from it, it is just the reality of modern day cleaning where there are more and more Truck Mounts offering vastly superior results, faster drying times and better value for money. Slowly but surely the Truck Mount is pushing the portable operator out of the market and unless you have a well established business with a loyal customer base and many of you do, then slowly but surely your phone will ring less and less often and when it does it will just be people looking for the cheap and cheerful clean.
I have never competed with my competitors on price, I compete on quality and so if my competitors want to take my customers from me they have to do a better job than me and if they are a portable guy then they haven't got a hope in hell of doing that.
I make this point, not be be controversial or argumentative, but many people have stated that they can't afford a Truck Mount. These are the same people that readily admit that TM's do a better job, get better drying times and look far more professional, some even stating openly that TM's are the 'ultimate.'
The point is the relentless march of the Truck Mount is slowly but surely putting those same people out of business, or a least diminishing their business and if that is the case how can anyone not afford a Truck Mount?

Simon

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #179 on: May 14, 2008, 07:55:00 pm »
The stats you have can be distorted as the customer previously may have had a porti cleaner who was very cheap and decided to spend a bit more or may have been over sold the cleaning (sometimes CD do this) sometimes as you have previously stated the 'occassion' of having a TM the customer thinks they are getting a better clean even if the results were simular.

IMO if you have sold the clean well, it's gone well, they are happy in general, the advert in the YP's was to their liking and you answered the phone well and they weren't left hanging on etc etc etc there are too many ifs and buts to get a really accurate picture.

The thing is if they are that happy then they will recommend you in general but the TM itself is a freat marketing tool.

Shaun