Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Why Not a Truck Mount?
« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2008, 07:44:49 pm »
Chris you will still get a door ajar and a van door open and the noise if you get a prowler, after all it's a TM!

Gregg Bloss president of Steamway said once that a TM  will clean 1 pass for every 2 of a porti, I'd agree.

Shaun

carpet_care

« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2008, 07:57:28 pm »
Since simon started this post my jobs where very similar to his in the same week.

I did 9 repeats , 4 recommends and 5 by way of advertising, yell pages local magazines etc, no leaflets never liked them .

However I only got my prowler at the end of January and only one of the repeats is from when I bought that,the rest are all regular customers from my portie days.

The point I am trying to make is that although I am thrilled with my new machine ,most the advantages are for our benefit not the customers ie speed of set up and cleaning times.

My regular customers use me because of the quality of job not the quality of equipment and I think mrs Jones just wants a nice clean carpet I just think this is easier to achieve by ourselves the higher quality of equipment we buy.

A concientious carpet cleaner will always strive to do a good job with whatever is at there disposal whether this be truckmount ,portie or rotary.

Regards Andy Locke.

« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2008, 08:53:46 pm »
Shaun,
To a degree ....... but van can be locked and Prowler brought behind gates or into rear garden etc ......slightly more secure, in my mind  ::)

Got ideal job for it in few weeks ......... open door access to communal HSL's but could run Prowler from underground car park but TM would not fit  ;)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2008, 09:01:32 pm »
Chris did you ever see Dave Ingrams Depatch? he had a TM in there with allsorts of other things, needed a shoe horn but it all fit, you could just drive into the carpark and set up is done, the Prowler weighs about 185lbs and at your age it may take some lifting back onto the van :o

I once demounted my Bane even with the ramp it was fun putting it back on the van or perhaps with the money you lot are getting down south you could just leave it behind after the job!

Shaun

carpet_care

« Reply #204 on: May 15, 2008, 09:11:52 pm »
Shaun the prowler weighs nearly twice that 375lb approx.

How many ready breck have you been eating :o :o

mark_roberts

« Reply #205 on: May 15, 2008, 09:26:52 pm »
Chris

Before you buy the Prowler try taking in out of the van by yourself and then putting it back it.  From looking at it on the CCDO I dont think this is a daily or even unfrequent option for one man.

It also is very noisy compared to a Boxer and you still need to leave the house door open which is a blessing at the minute with the weather.  So be careful with your criteria on which TM to buy.

Mark

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #206 on: May 15, 2008, 09:43:30 pm »
Your right I think it's the Woodbridge machines that are very light, but they have their problems with reliability and customer service is said to be a bit iffy.

Shaun

« Reply #207 on: May 15, 2008, 09:50:38 pm »
HAHAHAHA OMG  :-X

carpet_care

« Reply #208 on: May 15, 2008, 09:56:24 pm »
Funnily enough just got a flyertoday off woodbridge vat free truckmounts starting at £6250.00 and they are quite light the lightest 15 hp weighing in at 159 kg.

Andy Locke.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #209 on: May 15, 2008, 10:07:42 pm »
Would you though Andy?

Truckmounts go wrong, you need the back up HM have an excellent customer service that's why they can outsell machines that are nearly half the price.

Shaun

John Kelly

« Reply #210 on: May 15, 2008, 10:55:22 pm »
Mark, the prowler at the CCDO was the new 15hp. I ran it out the van so people could get a good look at the component parts. It is obviously going to be noisy in an open situation as compared to when it is in the vehicle where a lot of the noise is absorbed by the surrounding material.

Can you send me your email address, can't find it and I need to send that template over.

spencer davies

« Reply #211 on: May 15, 2008, 11:03:32 pm »
I agree, purchasing a Hydramaster over any other machine was the service- back up factor, I wouldn't touch a Woodbridge with a barge pole, we had a twelve day wait for a part for our Speedster, in the end Matt from cleansmart had the part made up....actions speak louder than words.

On another note..come on the Whites, going to Wembley  ;D

S

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #212 on: May 15, 2008, 11:09:12 pm »
Spencer you're not a Leeds fan are you?

Shaun

mark_roberts

« Reply #213 on: May 16, 2008, 11:39:31 am »

spencer davies

« Reply #214 on: May 16, 2008, 06:00:00 pm »
Yep, me and the kids are off to the finals  ;D

Would prefer Southend out of the two.

S

murky

« Reply #215 on: May 16, 2008, 07:46:41 pm »
I am too, cant believe it after all the bad years we are actually in danger of winning something (hopefully).

Cant go to Wembley.

Got a Christening same day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Nowhere near Wembley)

Hey ho!

Murky

mark shannon

« Reply #216 on: May 16, 2008, 08:10:52 pm »
jOHN HOW MUCH DOES THE 13HP WEIGH

spencer davies

« Reply #217 on: May 16, 2008, 08:11:15 pm »
Marching on together.......  8)

S

Andy Foster

« Reply #218 on: May 20, 2008, 02:49:30 pm »
Been to a customer's house today who has her carpets cleaned every year by a "guy with a big machine in his van".
He was not able to do the job when she wanted it done so she came to me.

I have a CFR Pro400, no heater, normal CFR wand, sebo vacuum cleaner, using M-Power and a pile brush to agitate.

Did the normal job, no hot water and no turbo dryiers (its lovely and sunny here).

She came home and said that it was the best the 19 year old carpets had looked in years.
They were nearly dry when I left she said she will not go anywhere else now... and I got a tenner tip.

£160 for 3 hours work.

Tell me again why I need a truckmount!!!???!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

liahona

« Reply #219 on: May 20, 2008, 03:06:58 pm »
£160 for one hours work.  Best, Dave.

If it wasnt me, someone else would have said it.

Andy, you obvioulsy have the talent whuch isnt in question.  Just if you had a machine that was quicker if on the same par of quality, then simply you would be able to do more jobs or more importantly have more time off.  Either way is a good thing.

£160  for the 3 hours has been discussed so many times, isnt 80 or 160 much better.  I appreciate that it probably couldnt be done in an hour but you get my point.