This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Gutter Keeper.
« on: April 30, 2008, 09:21:26 pm »
Does anyone have one,what do you think.

Mr H

Re: Gutter Keeper.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 09:39:19 pm »
To heavy for the limited height, to expensive and (salesmans words and words of many unhappy customers) to wide for most UK domestic gutters.
An Omnipole system will knock the socks of it or even go for a light weight higher reaching DIY one.
Only advantage the Up-keeper has is that the vacuum is petrol driven  :-\

Regards
Mr H

poles apart

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 10:11:21 pm »
I've got one and can't see what the problem is! It's not heavy in use as I regularly clean up to three stories. The only gutters you'll have problems with are ones where the builders have put the roof tiles too far over the gutter only leaving a tiny gap. Any gutter vac system would have a problem with this!
It's got a good suction and you can see what you're sucking up as the tubes are clear plastic, the customer also likes to see this as it gives them confidence in what you're doing. You don't need a generator or extension lead as it's all self contained.
Rod

jonah

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 10:14:37 pm »
I've got one and can't see what the problem is! It's not heavy in use as I regularly clean up to three stories. The only gutters you'll have problems with are ones where the builders have put the roof tiles too far over the gutter only leaving a tiny gap. Any gutter vac system would have a problem with this!
It's got a good suction and you can see what you're sucking up as the tubes are clear plastic, the customer also likes to see this as it gives them confidence in what you're doing. You don't need a generator or extension lead as it's all self contained.
Rod
How much ? please  ;D

NWH

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 10:14:43 pm »
Does it do what it says on the tin,is it powerfull enough to clean them out.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 10:15:35 pm »
Rod
How much ? please  ;D
On offer at the moment at £3000,basically the VAT off.

poles apart

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 10:19:54 pm »
Basically, yes!

NWH

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 10:21:15 pm »
Basically, yes!
How much time would you say it saves you over traditional way honestly.

DASERVICES

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 10:28:58 pm »
Rod,

Sorry to go against your words but upkeeper changed the design. It now has problems, your version does the job but new versions do not.

Instead of cutting costs they should have looked into improving design, it has its problem.

It it's current form it is quicker doing it with ladders.

But if they did some amendments then it would be a good machine.

poles apart

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 10:34:17 pm »
Basically, yes!
How much time would you say it saves you over traditional way honestly.
Don't know as i've never done it from ladders!
Rod,

Sorry to go against your words but upkeeper changed the design. It now has problems, your version does the job but new versions do not.

Instead of cutting costs they should have looked into improving design, it has its problem.

Yes I spoke to Upkeeper in the States last week and they are sending over mods for the machines already here! I think that when Ionics started selling them they became overwhelmed with orders and a desire to modify it without the usual R & D. It will all work out in the end!
Rod

DASERVICES

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 10:42:39 pm »
I hope so Rod, for £3k+ I would expect a machine to suck all the dirt in the gutters not 10% of it. I gave Ionics some good ideas after looking at the design. If I had the money I would have made some modifications to suit

Will wait and see, also the so called BWCA course which should be free!!! for buyers

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 12:46:19 am »
Rod,

I have the new fold-up version of the upkeeper and would like to know what the problems are with this new version?
The nozzles for empting awkward gutters with roof tiles overhanging have been reduced as I have two that came with it. Will easily fit narrow guttering.