This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pittmonkey

Pole for gutter attachment???
« on: April 30, 2008, 07:43:31 pm »
I have a gutter cleaner from WW (Pic below)

I sometimes use it on a small telescopic pole from a houshold floor sweeper. (About 4ft) I have a job coming up were I need about 12ft extention.

Is there any type of adaptor available to fit this onto a std plastic goodeneck?
Or, is the only option is to buy an unger/ettore pole has these seem to have the same thread.

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

david-maunder

Re: Pole for gutter attachment???
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 09:04:03 pm »
i think the screw end is the same as any diy pole, i have 1 , and the pole i have used was from b&q just a painters pole (the yellow ones)they go up to the size you want..

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 09:13:03 pm »
I'm always harping on about this, i'm sure someone could manufacture a variety of tools to fit a vikan thread.

mci services

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 09:17:02 pm »
it fits the screwfix one as well

david-maunder

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 09:40:52 pm »
another idea that works and i was looking into once for a gutter job, is drain rods they have the same end... saves moving the ladder... :P

Pittmonkey

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 11:22:53 pm »
Ummm off to B&Q tomorrow will check it out, cheers David. It just so happens that I have a full set of drain rods with attachments so they might come in handy.

Also thought of something like this to stick on my 15ft pole with goose neck.
www.ro-man.com/shop/product_info.php/cPath/25_97_111/products_id/483
(If they are the right size)

The little pole I use at the mo has been OK for the usual jobs (minimum ladder moves) But this job I have lined up has a lean to conservatory and almost runs the length of the house at the rear, so the only way to the gutters are either side with approx 12ft pole from each side.

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 08:33:11 am »
Nine times out of ten i reckon i could clear a gutter of grass and weeds with a hook or spike (if i had one) on the end of my pole. Once you hook a clump the rest tends to follow in a matted strip of roots and muck.