This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

m.b.s.

wfp
« on: April 30, 2008, 03:40:15 pm »
how can you tell a glass fiber from a carbon i am going to buy this pole it is around 30 ft yellow first section then all other sections black i dont  know if its glass fiber or carbon he said the first section is glass then the rest carbon as its an ionics ??? any ideas

Xline Systems

Re: wfp
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 03:44:11 pm »
would of thought its a carbon mate. the bottom section wont be carbon as that would not be safe as it would be a conducter for electricity. hope its a help

m.b.s.

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 03:45:56 pm »
would of thought its a carbon mate. the bottom section wont be carbon as that would not be safe as it would be a conducter for electricity. hope its a help
are these poles heavy and roughthly how much are they new and why wouldent it be safe thanks

Xline Systems

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 03:50:31 pm »
as carbon is a conducter so if you touch power cables or get struck by lightening you would be dead.
with having a fibre bottom section would make the pole safe. dont know what the rrp prices are for this pole but i know ionics poles are not cheep.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 03:50:40 pm »
As far as I know all Ionics poles that are in black are Carbon Fibre.

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 03:52:52 pm »
as carbon is a conducter so if you touch power cables or get struck by lightening you would be dead.
with having a fibre bottom section would make the pole safe. dont know what the rrp prices are for this pole but i know ionics poles are not cheep.
Alex does your slx and sl2 have fiber bottom sections ?

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 03:54:25 pm »
If you want to be really nerdy, take a test meter out on the pole.  CF conducts electricity and GF doesn't.  The pole you mentioned is probably CF with a GF base.

Simon.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 03:56:05 pm »
The bottom section is always different depending on how many sections you've got on. ???

m.b.s.

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 03:57:53 pm »
so a seecond hand one whats it worth 30 ft ithink before i eaven make an offer also were do i get the brush attachments from not ionics i hope as they are pricey any replicas about or cheeper ones any links pleas such as goose necks brushes them metal things on the brush that fixes to the goose neck sorry dont know what they are called

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 03:59:58 pm »
The bottom section is always different depending on how many sections you've got on. ???

ok the sl-x

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 04:02:36 pm »

ok the sl-x
Ah right!
I wondered how you were going to do a 15 ft house with a 35ft pole. ;D

Xline Systems

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 04:06:31 pm »
yyou dont have to buy the brush and gooseneck from ionics. you can buy universal goosenecks to fit and as for the brushes you can cut off the nek on most brushes to make fit. you can call me for advise or prices on these products james at xline  0115 9394444

m.b.s.

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 04:08:37 pm »

ok the sl-x
Ah right!
I wondered how you were going to do a 15 ft house with a 35ft pole. ;D
im not i have a 20 ft for that just i may have some 3rd floor work in the pipe line  ;)

m.b.s.

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 04:41:52 pm »
universal goose necks are these the same as the residential goose neck i have on my other pole? if not how much are they and were from

Xline Systems

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 04:47:47 pm »
mbs we sell the  metal goosenecks and brushes. wont be able to give you costings as not at the shop at the mo

m.b.s.

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 04:50:45 pm »
mbs we sell the  metal goosenecks and brushes. wont be able to give you costings as not at the shop at the mo
no probs

cvdewsbury

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 05:32:30 pm »
xline what poles  do you stock?

mbs...do you no of a supplier up or end that sell and stock a variety of wfp you can actually see and have a look at(i,ve only bought one previousley a 30footer over the net from omnipole).....ps did you sort yr pointer with empire

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 05:33:18 pm »

I'm not Alex but I know the SL2 is carbon throughouit.  It has to be really because, due to its modular design, you would never know which section was going to be the base section until you used it.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 05:41:23 pm »

Both of these poles are carbon fibre throughout to provide maximum rigidity.  Both poles are clearly marked with cautionary notices.  Even with a fibre glass bottom section, it is not recommended that you work in thunderstorms or touch overhead cables due to the fact that these poles are pumping water and water is also a good conductor of electricity.

Xline Systems

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 05:52:36 pm »
xline what poles  do you stock?

mbs...do you no of a supplier up or end that sell and stock a variety of wfp you can actually see and have a look at(i,ve only bought one previousley a 30footer over the net from omnipole).....ps did you sort yr pointer with empire
website still under construction but poles have been added to the site. well nearly all of them no vat www.xline-systems.co.uk
site will be done up and running by next week 100s of products