This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jonah

Ideas for switching over to wfp ?
« on: April 29, 2008, 02:03:35 pm »
I am using trad at moment but will be switching over to wfp in next few months .  What can I do now to make it easier when I start ?  I use fairy , should I change to another detergent ?  Any comments gratefully recieved . Thank you please  ;D Thank you please .

Re: Ideas for switching over to wfp ?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 02:22:42 pm »
I am using trad at moment but will be switching over to wfp in next few months .  What can I do now to make it easier when I start ?  I use fairy , should I change to another detergent ?  Any comments gratefully recieved . Thank you please  ;D Thank you please .
Get some GG3 or GG4, and use that before hand, gg3 is for softwater gg4 is for hard water (not that I think it makes any difference)

Ian

chrismroberts

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 02:30:32 pm »
Spend a bit of time cleaning the frames, maybe not putting soap into them, but removing as much dirt and grime as possible with a sill cloth or a scrim. It'll still be a good idea to clean the frames with the WFP, but will make your first cleans sooooooo much easier :)

LWC

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 04:52:26 pm »
yeh defo start wiping down them frames, especailly the top part of the frame. wish id done this before i started

RO-Sheen

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 05:08:41 pm »
Get the sills spotless. They are hard to give them a good scrub with wfp so if you get all the dirt out now you just need to give them a quick wipe with th wfp brush.
Formerly known as GARGAAX

jonah

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 05:38:34 pm »
I love you guys  ;D

RO-Sheen

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 05:39:38 pm »
We love you too Jonah  ;D
Formerly known as GARGAAX

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 05:51:53 pm »
And give all your customers a letter explaining why you must changeover - dwell on and quote from H&S regs, insurance claim problems if a w/c should fall etc.

Grit your teeth and explain this is a no option deal or you'll be like squeaky - having your chain yanked by unwilling custy's.
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 05:56:08 pm »
And give all your customers a letter explaining why you must changeover - dwell on and quote from H&S regs, insurance claim problems if a w/c should fall etc.

Grit your teeth and explain this is a no option deal or you'll be like squeaky - having your chain yanked by unwilling custy's.
Totally disagree with giving a letter out, IMO you will be asking for hassle, just change over and explain to people that ask.

LWC

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 06:02:20 pm »

Totally disagree with giving a letter out, IMO you will be asking for hassle, just change over and explain to people that ask.

yeh i dont even say to people any more about health and safety. just say this is what i use. i do mention its safer...but they all know its quicker  ;D

dai

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 06:58:03 pm »
well I blamed the EEC coming out with stupid regulations, wanting me to drill holes in peoples walls to put ring bolts in, so that I could make my ladder safe.

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 07:02:48 pm »
When they see how long it takes you on the first clean they will be really impressed. It's when you get to the third clean they realise how fast it is.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 07:56:15 pm »

Don`t do that what ever you do,you`ll be asking for trouble.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2008, 08:02:48 pm »

Totally agree, and use gg3 and clean the frames spotless, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

cat9921

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2008, 08:49:07 pm »

2 things I would say

First is when you go to your round only do about 4 or 5 houses with the reach and wash... Then do the rest trade the next time you go to the round do another 5 houses this time going back and checking the first 5 that you did..

This way will help you spend the right time getting the frames up to scratch and if you have windows that spot you will find out quicker instead of wondering how the whole round went..

I know that its a pain and some will see you in the street and ask why you do some with WFP and the other trade, I wished I had done it this way  :'(

As for telling your customers about it, Well I would at least let them know it will take 3 or 4 cleans to get spotless if you do not and they get marked you will probably not get a second go,

All the best  ;)

Adders Rinse And Clean

jonah

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 09:55:40 pm »

Is that where the problems lay . . . . in the frames ? Is it better to clean the windows and frames with gg3 a few times before doing them wfp ?       Thanks   ;D

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 10:02:16 pm »

Is that where the problems lay . . . . in the frames ? Is it better to clean the windows and frames with gg3 a few times before doing them wfp ?       Thanks   ;D
YES
THE FRAMES WILL BE YOUR CAUSE OF PROBLEM, sry for shouting just making a point, clean them as best as you can be fore hand will save you alot of time when you change  ;)

Ian

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 10:12:10 pm »
Practice on your own house, you family's houses, your neighbours houses,...... anywhere you can.

DON'T just rush out and think WFP is simple and easy (It is when you get the hang of it!), there is a learning curve, and the more learning you do before you go and unleash WFP on your custies the easier the transition will go for you.

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 10:13:35 pm »
Practice on your own house, you family's houses, your neighbours houses,...... anywhere you can.

DON'T just rush out and think WFP is simple and easy (It is when you get the hang of it!), there is a learning curve, and the more learning you do before you go and unleash WFP on your custies the easier the transition will go for you.
That post is so so true  ;D

brett walker

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 10:19:54 pm »
to start with change your liquid over to squeegy off or gg3/4 then start wiping all your frames with a damp microfibre cloth while you are still trad before changing over to wfp this will make life easier

you could always tell your customers you are doing a special offer you will clean all their frames for £5 only for a limited time this way you will get a bit of something for cleaning them because some customers dont like paying but if they think they are getting a bargin they'll bite your hand off  ;) because youve got to clean them anyway :D

Brett.