This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Art

envirodri question
« on: April 27, 2008, 01:03:41 pm »
Does it make a difference when you change the brushes what way the pins go back in? If you put them in one way the head of the pin is resting on plastic and the other way it rests on metal.

Arthur

Joe H

Re: envirodri question
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 03:37:48 pm »
Hi Arthur,

what a timely reminder - I had not cleaned the brushes since last I used the Envirodri over a week ago - that was using it as was intended - with the "sponges".

I cant see it would make a difference which way the pins were put in - no lateral forces involved, and certainly when I had the demo before purchase there was no mention of a "correct" way.

Art

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 04:12:06 pm »
Hi Joe, thanks for the reply. The reason i was asking was because the last time i used it the brushes jammed. I switched it off and then back on and it was ok.

I thought maybe it was the way i had put the brushes back in the last time i cleaned it. Maybe the rods need lubricating?

How did you get on with doing the job with the sponges?

Arthur

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 04:34:36 pm »
It was a job I did using HWE, but the part of carpet from Dining room to Kitchen was noticibly dirtier. Worked at it, went back to it couple of times.
I got it a lot cleaner, packed everything away and the lady mentioned she was disappointed with that particular area.
Rather then get hoses etc out again, I said I would try a different method.
Sprinkled the sponges, agitated and she was made up - was noticably better.
As she was going out I asked if it would be ok for her to vacuum when she came back in.

John Milnes

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 09:32:23 pm »
Hi Arthur,
If you put the pins in the wrong way around, the head of the pin sticks out and may cause damage to skirtings etc. When put in correctly (see pic, should be inserted from this side) the head of the pin is below the surface. Make sure the ball catches are working ok at the other end of the pin.

If the machine is jamming, check the bearings for free movement. These are located at the side where the pic was taken. At the other end of the machine is where the drive gears are situated and are accesible when the cover is taken off, you can also check these.

If you need to change the bearings, they are about £10 a pair from Envirodri. I can also let you know the easyest way to change them.

John

Art

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 09:39:19 pm »
Hi John, thanks very much for that. I'll have a look at the bearings. Should they be lubricated once in a while to keep them from jamming?

Arthur

mark shannon

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 09:46:43 pm »
Do you guys use the white brushes or the white/gold.

I find the white very harsh on wool does anyone else have that problem?

John Milnes

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 09:47:19 pm »
The bearings I recently replaced were not sealed so you may have this type. They were begining to sieze up and squeek. If your bearings are not sealed you may be able to luricate them.

The new bearings I got from Envirodri were sealed (plastic cover) so they will not get dirt or hair stuck in them and will not need lubricating.

John

Art

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 09:50:04 pm »
Thanks again John. I'll have a look at it tommorow

Arthur

Art

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 09:53:26 pm »
Do you guys use the white brushes or the white/gold.

I find the white very harsh on wool does anyone else have that problem?

Mark, i use the white ones on everything. I've got a set of white and gold ones, but never had to use them yet.

Arthur

John Milnes

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 09:56:38 pm »
I usually use the white ones Mark and gold on the long pile wool. Black and white on commercials.

It can be unnerving when you see large clumps of wool, dust and dirt comming out of a carpet  :o but I dont think any damage is being done especially when you see Dave at the CCDO with a rotary on Oriental rugs!

John

mark shannon

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 10:02:03 pm »
Yes John but the Orientals were drenched in water first.

I will give the white another try this week maybe your right, all the crap they pulled up scared me off.

*paul_moss

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 10:16:53 pm »
I use white nearly all the time, some times they can pull lots of wool out  :o It looks like you have slaughtered a sheep some times.

By the way nobdy has a spare set of pins that go through the brushes have they?
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

steadyeddy

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 10:52:37 pm »
Mark

I found the white brushes too harsh for say 80/20 wool mix ,first time I used them to agitate could not believe what came out  :o.To someone new to carpet cleaning you can imagine the shock on my face!!
Now have the white and gold mix,seem a lot better.

Steve

roger underhill

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 11:48:28 pm »
Hi John,
I picked up a second hand enviro today. To change the brushes do you just knock the pins out with a screwdiver or similar?
Also, is there a switch for changing the direction of the brushes.
regards. roger
Family business founded in 1985

Dan Williams

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 11:51:20 pm »
Where is the best place to get an envirodri ? ???

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 12:00:34 am »
Paul I've heard that you Welsh lads are always slaughtering sheep!

Don't you wear wellington boots so you can stand their back legs in them?

Shaun

John Milnes

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 12:05:02 am »
Hi Roger,

yes, I also use a screwdriver to push the pins out.

If you have a problem removing or pushing the brushes back in, it could be due to the body being bent due to being hit on a stair or kirb. Look across the side of the body to see if it is straight. If it is slightly bent, give it a good twa**in with a hammer to straighten it out using some material as a cussion, then the brushes will slide in easily.

Joe H

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 07:09:50 am »
gold brushes are the softest
white and gold next softest
for wool I would not go beyond these two

white next

then blaack and white

black is the harshest and really for hard floors

exceptions to every rule i suppose (everything at ones own risk)

about £90 per set of 2 brushes.

Joe H

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 10:38:18 am »
Just referring to the photos posted earlier and where the statement was made if put in one particular way the end of the pin may stand proud and mark the skirting board.
The photo was of a blue Envirodri - a "E" series machine.
The latest "Gen" series has had some mods (had to be more then a colour job and different shaped casing.
So photos of the latest "Gen4" - you will see that the pin ends are well recessed, but also a protective strip running between each pin.