This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon knight

I can't figure some people out.
« on: April 24, 2008, 06:05:43 pm »

2 weeks ago doing a regular. The lady of the house has her mate around for a cup of tea. The mate says to me "give me your card I'm absolutely desperate for a window cleaner"

Not a Dicky Bird ???

simon knight

Re: I can't figure some people out.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 06:14:36 pm »

I don't believe it....she's just this minute called ;D

xxmattyxx

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 06:41:37 pm »

LWC

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 06:43:45 pm »
i know what you mean though, seriously i hand out at least 5 cards a week to passers by, and never hear a word.

some ring but then some others im like  ???

doh

LWC

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 06:46:30 pm »
hold on a minute!

how did you post a pic matt!

no one else can

Pittmonkey

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 07:16:07 pm »
I can't figure the ones who are so happy to have their windows cleaned regularly, they pay a good price and you do a nice job, only to see the windows are filthy inside every time you clean them. I have a few I've been cleaning for nearly 12 months and still see the same dirt on the inside.  ???

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 07:21:42 pm »
I can't figure the ones who are so happy to have their windows cleaned regularly, they pay a good price and you do a nice job, only to see the windows are filthy inside every time you clean them. I have a few I've been cleaning for nearly 12 months and still see the same dirt on the inside.  ???

Wayne
they are classed as good customers m8, dont knock it, its a jones thing  ;)

groundhog

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 07:29:46 pm »
If someone asks me for a business card, I always ask if they would like me to call round to give them a quote and try to get their name and address. Otherwise many of them will simply forget about it, or lose the card. You have to be a salesman and sieze the opportunity!!  ;)

xxmattyxx

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 07:54:09 pm »
hold on a minute!

no one else can

I aint just a pretty face  ;D

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 08:02:04 pm »
If someone asks me for a business card, I always ask if they would like me to call round to give them a quote and try to get their name and address. Otherwise many of them will simply forget about it, or lose the card. You have to be a salesman and sieze the opportunity!!  ;)

EXACTLY!!  Giving out cards is about as much good as distributing flyers.  People are lazy, they won't do anything themselves,they just think "I'll give him a ring sometime".  We distribute about 3-400 flyers a week and then I go out and knock on the doors.  I wish I had a quid for every "Oh, I was going to give you a ring" that I hear. 

When I get asked for a card, I always ask for a phone number.  If they're serious they'll tell you and then expect your call to go and quote.

xxmattyxx

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 08:06:57 pm »
hold on a minute!

no one else can

okay okay, heres how you do.

Copy the url of the image you want to display in your post into your puters clipboard.

Then click on the image button

then paste the images url in between the 2 img tags and THEN delete the part of the images url that comes prior to the www address, so theres no http: in the images location

Sanity

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 10:00:36 pm »
Good job I had my contacts in.  That was DAMN small writing.....

LWC

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 10:08:46 pm »

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 10:09:26 pm »

Very good point. I always get contact details before I hand out a BC just in case they forget also.

LWC

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 10:11:47 pm »
what a good idea, i will e doing that in future, ive got a book in the van for new customers, gonna make good use of it  ;)

simon knight

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 06:42:00 am »
If someone asks me for a business card, I always ask if they would like me to call round to give them a quote and try to get their name and address. Otherwise many of them will simply forget about it, or lose the card. You have to be a salesman and sieze the opportunity!!  ;)

Good advice. I'm going to buy a small note book and keep it in my back pocket.

edltd

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 01:22:00 pm »

Wayne
i have cleaned windows for 19 years  and it has all ways bean like that. some people dont care,o by the way hello my name is ian