This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steve a

Through the garage
« on: April 24, 2008, 08:43:04 am »
Took a tip from the forum.

Woman rang yesterday "can you come and clean my windows please, old georgian semi"

"yes love, will call this afternoon and leave a price through the letterbox but will knock and if your in we can sort a price out"

"that will be good, see you later"

So I call round and I can see the back is only accessible through a garage, Totalled the fronts up to £9.00 then knocked on the door.

"Oh Hi i'm glad you came"

"thats OK love can you open the garage door?"

"You can come through the house" (looking at me boots!)

"But I can't get my laddder through the house."

"I will open the garage door when you come to clean them"

"I would rather go through the garage Mrs"

Oh OK come through the house and we will open the door, its easier from round the back"

"I will wait here"

"But my husband usually opens the garage door as it's alittle stiff"

"Look lady I can't do your windows, this isn't going to work, I deliberately asked YOU to open the garage because I wanted to see what would happen the day I came to clean and would access be readily available."

At this point she said thanks and slammed the door in my face!.

Can imagine if I hadn't asked for access. Turn up 10.00am to clean 2 cars on drive under windows can only access one until they are moved, husband needed to open garage door but he is busy looking for his car keys to move car, woman saying to me, "you can open garage door if you want" but i cant as car parked in front of it and where do i put my ladder and its a main road and my van is parked on the front of therir house and they have to park their cars up the road and this is if they're IN.
If they're out, fronts only and phone call"we are in now can you call and do the backs."

Stressed and thats only thinking about it.

Gimme a nice easy apartment block and an SL2/SL-X. But thats another story.

Steve

Helen

Re: Through the garage
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 08:58:31 am »
on the initital phone call with enquiries we always ask about access to the rears. Gives us up front info and also with your example here, would have pointed out straighaway that this would be appt only which will cost more. :)

Sanity

Re: Through the garage
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 09:46:23 am »
Or just clean what you could get to and charge appropriately...

If I can't get to the rears for whatever reason, I simply do the front and discount the price...