This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

carpetworx

WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
« on: April 23, 2008, 02:24:33 pm »
If you could get a new HM spitfire,for the same price of a prowler, what would you choose?

liahona

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 04:07:36 pm »
Prowler, every time.

Best, Dave.

gwrightson

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 04:21:10 pm »
prowler,

no waste tank to worry about, less room needed, and if need be it can be taken out of van.

good enough reasons to start with

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

stevegunn

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 05:00:28 pm »
Have hydramaster reduced the price of the spitfire?

Got to be a prowler ;D

richie

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 06:38:51 pm »
Without a shadow of doubt i would go for the HM Spitfire 3.2.  It is a highly proven TM.  Its been around for years & is VERY SIMPLE, easy to operate, easy to maintain light weight, compact good vac for entry level, good heat.   Ive operated a 3.2 with 450feet of hose No Problem.

Richie.

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 07:15:50 pm »
Prowler it dot the I’s and crosses the T’s for me! Oh I have a blazer.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

John Kelly

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 09:06:15 pm »
Both excellent machines and do a similar standard of work. It really depends where you are in Australia. Are you near the HM distributor, if you are then should you plumb for that one you are within easy reach for repairs, warranty issues and servicing. If you aren't then you may have a long trip if you have any problems. The Prowler being portable can be sent on a pallet anywhere for repair or service. Really up to you who you think will offer the best service as either machine won't disappoint.

Dave Roelants

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 10:08:28 pm »
I'd put the money towards a Boxxer
Best Regards, Dave,
Lakeland Carpet Cleaning, 1st in the UK with 4 to the door!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 10:14:12 pm »
Scorpion

Shaun

PS 2 very good companies, the HM spitfire has been around for yonks so no trouble there and the Prowler you can take off the van (if you're strong enough!!), I deal with both camps but I can't decide which one of those I would buy so I'll abstain :-X

carpetworx

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 03:08:15 am »
The spitfire has a 33 blower,and the prowler has a 24,so would'nt the spit fire be more powerful?
Someone here has told me i'd be better of with a couple of booster vacs on my porty,or look at getting something with at least a 45 blower! comments please :-\

Ian Rochester

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 05:55:30 am »
The new prowler has a 33 blower, a 15hp engine and direct drive, however even my 13hp prowler with it's 24 blower gives phenomenal suction (lifts the carpet off the floor).  I have run it with 150ft hose including 50ft of that being narrower 1.5" hose and the suction was still awesome.

I lifted my Prowler off the van by myself yesterday so that I could use the van to shift a bed for the mother in law, it took my literally a couple of minutes to get it out. 

Today I've got 8 bikes going in the back of the van for a hire, basically what I'm saying is the prowler gives me the performance I need and it is also easy enough to lift out to give me flexiblity to use the van for other jobs.

I'm sure the Spitfire is a comparable machine, possibly even better on paper, however if you weigh up the purchasing costs, running costs, performance, ease of servicing (any honda recognised dealer can service the Prowler and will carry spares), reliability and flexibility, then you will probably settle for the Prowler..............I did and am more than happy with my choice.

John Kelly

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 09:11:22 am »
The Prowler is unique in that it sucks directly through the blower and doesn't pre-vacuum a waste tank which uses up a lot of lift.

C.C.S.

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 11:07:14 am »
neither! i'd buy a rug doctor, a far more powerful machine with its 32psi pump & superior vac, it would wipe the floor with these machines put together :D

Karl Wildey

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 11:24:56 am »
spitfire

stuart_clark

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 02:53:25 pm »
How about Airflow? My Scorpian produces 325 CFM and 425 CFM when its got the booster atached ! how does the Prowler and Spitfire compare ? surely its airflow that matters when purchasing a machine

carpet guy

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 03:36:26 pm »
Not really Stuart, it's the operators skill and desire to achieve a high standard, specification doesn't always translate to the business end of the wand, or indeed the final result.

What suits one, certainly won't suit all.

davep

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 04:02:03 pm »
Bit off topic but..  if you run your machine at 400psi with 100ft of hose, and the same with 300ft, what is the presssure likely to be coming out of the wand?

liahona

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 04:07:01 pm »
Should be the same, 300 feet isnt really enough to make a difference.  Unless you are asking about a portable.

Best, Dave

Dave Roelants

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 06:38:25 pm »
The spitfire has a 33 blower,and the prowler has a 24,so would'nt the spit fire be more powerful?
Someone here has told me i'd be better of with a couple of booster vacs on my porty,or look at getting something with at least a 45 blower! comments please :-\

As my previous post, put the money towards a Boxxer
Best Regards, Dave,
Lakeland Carpet Cleaning, 1st in the UK with 4 to the door!