This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Distortion

new window cleaner wanting kit and tips
« on: April 23, 2008, 01:05:09 pm »
Hi guys,

Am new to window cleaning, though I have been browsing the forum for a few weeks.

I'm going to be after a set up and wondered if anyone has a starter up kit for sale ?

Water pole set or even traditional kit. What have you got ?

I'm in the midlands and would be prepared to travel a resonable distance for a good setup.

Also has anyone got any tips or advise for me ?

I thought about window cleaning after realising that my easte of over 400 houses doesn't have a window cleaner. Also another 2 local estates don't have one. So there is plenty of work to be had

Also I'm fed up being a monkey in a factory, earning for someone else. My wife has been self employed doing her own business and tells me she couldn't go back down the employed route ever again.

Cheers in advance guys
JP

cvdewsbury

Re: new window cleaner wanting kit and tips
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 01:20:32 pm »
tip/advice

find out your nearest window cleaning supplies shop and start up traditional you will need a pair of ladders(£150) pointer ladder(70), mop and squeegee(25),pockets(15),microfibre cloths 6no,and cill cloths(50)....so for under £300 you are up and away

I would then see if you can help another w/c to pick up basic technique etc whilst canvassing your own work up good luck on yr journey!!

macmac

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 01:33:08 pm »
I thought about window cleaning after realising that my easte of over 400 houses doesn't have a window cleaner. Also another 2 local estates don't have one. So there is plenty of work to be had

Don't want to sound negative but, for your sake, the above statement i have heard so many, many times before from people/customers & NEVER has it actually been true! Some people tend to think that if they & their immediate neighours don't have a w/c then the whole estate won't have one either!
Recently, again i went to a "no w/c estate" that i had been pleeded with to go to & hey presto, me & THREE other w/c'ers on the same street! :D

Tony

Jonathan Spencer

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 01:41:39 pm »

Don't want to sound negative but, for your sake, the above statement i have heard so many, many times before from people/customers & NEVER has it actually been true! Some people tend to think that if they & their immediate neighours don't have a w/c then the whole estate won't have one either!
Recently, again i went to a "no w/c estate" that i had been pleeded with to go to & hey presto, me & THREE other w/c'ers on the same street! :D

Tony

I had the same happen to me.   A long street with no apparent window cleaner, my first day down there and I saw one straight away.

pingu

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 01:49:29 pm »
Good luck with your new venture..only tip I have is...go back to the start of this forum and read every thread...it'll take a few weeks but you will come out of it a lot wiser...

Good luck..

Dave.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 02:58:41 pm »
Hi
We are based in the midlands and we have a set up and some work for sale email me for more information
a-rwindows@hotmail.co.uk

colley614

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 05:01:13 pm »
Good luck mate!

p1w1

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 05:35:29 pm »
Good luck with your new venture..only tip I have is...go back to the start of this forum and read every thread...it'll take a few weeks but you will come out of it a lot wiser...

Good luck..

Dave.

I couldn't agree more i read through this whole forum when i was first starting out and would highly advise it.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 05:45:14 pm »

Tip no.1  Take off the rose tinted spectacles ;D

If you've got three huge estates in your vicinity without any window cleaners, your address must be cloud cuckoo land!!

I'm not trying to put you off, but if you go into this with the idea that a few evenings door knocking will give you enough work for a living wage, you are going to be very disappointed. 

There is plenty of work out there, but you have to search for it.  Good luck and when you start canvassing (or whatever means you intend to use) don't give up.  You'll get there in the end.

Cheers,

Ian

Distortion

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 09:52:04 am »
Hi guys,

Thanks for the replys.

Your right about the rose coloured spec's. Since posting this I have seen one other w/c and been told of another.

Am reading through posts at the moment and taking as much information I can in.

I will have the money to buy all my kit shortly and am contacting a friend of a friend who does window cleaning to see if I can go along with him to get some grafting in before I start.

I'm going to be knocking doors with my wife rather than leaflets. I did a leaflet drop last year for another business and found they don't work too well in my area.

Am going to offer my window cleaning services with a sill and frame wipe down. Also I'm planning on offering a conservatory, gutter cleaning and upvc whitening too.

What sort of prices am I looking at charging for conservatorys, gutter cleans & upvc whitening ?

Is there a resident person on here who supplys hosting for websites ? I'm able to get a site built, but not the hosting side of things.

I must say this site has been a godsend. I wouldn't have thought of a few things had I not been reading through this site.

Happy cleaning

JP

jaykie

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 11:02:07 am »

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 11:27:49 am »

Good luck..

Dave.

Not if you read my stuff, I'm about as much use as a chocolate fireguard!  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

stig

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 05:28:36 pm »
master cleaning supplies------ aldridge/ walsall
abbey janitorials -------snow hill/ wolverhampton

these are the main 2 nearest to wolverhampton anyhow if thats any help m8
dont crap on people on theway up,you might meet um on the way down...