This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pittmonkey

What would be a fair price
« on: April 20, 2008, 10:32:25 pm »
Been asked to quote for the cleaning below. Usual cleaning of gutters/fascia's etc but also restoring the white upvc frames. (they're not particularly bad grey stains etc but will need to clean by hand) Its a 4 bed semi nice area. I'm estimating around 4-5 hours cleaning and was wondering if anyone else has done similar and what kind of price I should put in. I could just go for £35 ph so roughly £175 would this be fair, or in your opinions would it be worth trying for more. Sorry no pic's

Cleaning Required:

Property Front
Internal Gutter Clear
External Gutter, Drain Pipes and Fascia Board Clean
Restoration Clean of 3 x UPVC Window Frames & 2 x Bays Fronts with canopy
Front Entrance Porch

Property Rear
Internal Gutter Clear
External Gutter Drain Pipes and Fascia Board Clean
5 x UPVC Windows
1 x Patio Opener
1 x Entrance Door

Property Left Side

Fascia Board Clean

Property Right Side

Fascia Board Clean

Property Garage
Internal Gutter Clean
External Gutter, Drain Pipes and Fascia Board Clean

Thanks
Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Richy L

Re: What would be a fair price
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 11:42:55 am »
its hard to say being as there are no pics. But it sounds like a fair price to me.
Why not start at £195 and see if they take it, if not drop it to £175.

I find its important not to be too greedy for these types of cleans. It'll be a nice easy job.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 06:17:13 pm »
That's exactly the way I was thinking Richy, didn't want to come across as a rip off or greedy. I always look at it as if I was paying for the service and think how much I would be prepared to cough up.

Its funny but when I price con cleans normally around £80 - £120 depending on size I rarely get any grief and all for around 2 hrs work. Its just when you start pricing around the £200 for domestic I think it sounds like you are way over the top even though there could be a lot more work/hours involved.

At the end of the day I'll go with may instinct/ target hourly rate and see how it goes.

Wayne

Richy L

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 08:17:42 pm »
people dont want to go up on a ladder to clean it all, I always say It'll be X amount, but you wont need it to be done again for another two years or so, maybe three. Thats what usually persuades them

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 11:09:15 pm »
4-5 hours i would say 175-200 pounds,i think is a fair price considering this wont have to be done for a long time,and tell them that. Good luck with job.

Pittmonkey

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 01:02:35 am »
Quote was accepted  :) Lets hope for a nice sunny day.

Wayne

xxmattyxx

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 09:29:06 am »
I would imagine youll do well to stretch that out to 5 hours, I think youll find youll have a handsome hourly rate there; maybe even embarassed to ask for what you quoted.

Still, nought necessarily wrong with that.

Matt