This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

My Views on investment are?

Paying what seemed overthetop money was the best thing I ever did
50%
30 (50%)
I regret spending so much
15%
9 (15%)
I invest only the minimum
35%
21 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 56

j.v. price ltd

Re: Investment Always Pays
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2008, 09:53:46 pm »
What a fantastic topic,

At JVP we have invested large amounts of money during 2007 and it is really paying off, as long as you have a good development plan in place and spend the money on things that will make you money, you can't go wrong.

All the best to everyone that is going to invest in window cleaning in 2008

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2008, 10:01:28 pm »
This thread is cobblers. Its that plonker up to his old tricks again.

It should be "A fool and his money are soon parted"

Don't waste your time.
spot on vince
What a fantastic topic,

At JVP we have invested large amounts of money during 2007 and it is really paying off, as long as you have a good development plan in place and spend the money on things that will make you money, you can't go wrong.

All the best to everyone that is going to invest in window cleaning in 2008
cant go  wrong ??? ???
never ???
ever ???
 if it paid off for you mate well done
BUT lets not kid everyone that investment in a business ALWAYS pays off because it patently does NOT
garbage thread set up by sol in reaction to comments on one up for cobblers thread

j.v. price ltd

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2008, 10:05:35 pm »
Like i said good invesment pays off, bad investment makes you bust

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2008, 10:11:36 pm »
whats the title of this thread ???
how do you know if its a good or a bad investment ???
the short answer is ......you dont
ALL investment is a gamble to SOME extent

jonah

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2008, 10:23:54 pm »
How are you doing mr thorpe ?

TDW

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2008, 10:33:48 pm »
Lionheart

I got mine system from a guy called Denis in Grantham. Waterfed-pole-systems.co.uk
Like I said it has never given any trouble.
TDW

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2008, 10:38:18 pm »
hello jonah
i am doing great
i have invested 1000's in new equipment,and knowing that i cant fail to improve my business because of so doing i have booked a villa in tuscany for august and will be trading the s60 in for a brand new xc90(volvo)at the weekend ;D ;D
(not)

i am fine mate ,you STILL on the ladders ???

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2008, 10:39:45 pm »
Lionheart

I got mine system from a guy called Denis in Grantham. Waterfed-pole-systems.co.uk
Like I said it has never given any trouble.
TDW
where you based mate ???

TDW

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2008, 10:43:22 pm »
Most of my work is in Bournemouth but I have a weeks work in London.

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2008, 10:50:21 pm »
oh right
when you mentioned Grantham i thought you might be near me ::)
my mistake ;D

TDW

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2008, 11:00:48 pm »
No problem. It was a long to go. Just aswell I didnt have any problems!

Rob_Mac

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2008, 11:09:47 pm »
Been away working in Chipping Ongar & Colchester - interesting thread this one.

Like the idea of the original thread but from my view point I feel that you have to calculate investment and what return you may gain in the future.

In March we invested over £6000.00 on a drain jetter & camera cctv system, just cleaned drains on two supermarkets  and got back over half the initial investment in a one week period.

The investment is certainly going to pay for itself many times over.

If your investment is calculated it should give you the reward you are looking for.

Rob ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2008, 11:27:45 pm »
I reckon I invested about 12 - 14 grand to get myself properly up and running.  This included a van that was under 3 years old.  I bought stuff that was more than I needed at thew time because I could see the potential for having to upgrade within a year or so and I didn't want to do that.  I paid others to do much of the work for me bevause I didn't know what I was doing.  I feel that I paid a fair price.  Others made some profit from me so that I could make more profit from my customers.  I've no problem with that.  If I had tried to set it all up by myself, it would have taken me far longer and there was the potential for many more mistakes.  That would have used up time when I could have been earning money.  Now that I've learned more about WFP and it is all set up, I am capable of doing most of the work myself to maintain my business - which I do.  I'm not above calling in hired help if needed though.  I'm not so keen on doing electrical things (particularly if it involves 240 volts) so would get help for much of that stuff.
I got a fair deal IMO.  I make a lot more money than I used to.  The money I paid out to get started has meant a lot of tax relief so far (the bill for extra income hasn't kicked in yet) and I didn't have to pay any tax in January as my allowance for capital items was pretty high (I have some to pay in July though).
If I had been a proficient DIY person, I would have done more of the work myself but I'm not.  So long as I can do bits of maintenance on a system that is already set up, I'm OK with that.

Londoner

« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2008, 07:20:31 am »
What you don't realise is that the "investment" that he is talking about is taking out a franchise. He keeps trying to bring up the subject with threads like this and several of us, probably me most of all, keep opposing him.

I question his motives. Go back and look at what he is saying and you will realise what he is trying to do. He's trying to start a topic on investment hoping that it can be steered around to franchising. You can guess why.

He hides behind false names,  several in fact on this forum,  and pretends to be all innocent but he's not kosher.

One of the rules of this forum is that you are not allowed to use it to promote your own business interests.

D woods

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2008, 07:49:47 am »
Who says you are not allowed to promote your own business interests.
I can think of one guy who does nothing but promote his business interests on this forum.

« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2008, 08:09:07 am »
Who says you are not allowed to promote your own business interests.
I can think of one guy who does nothing but promote his business interests on this forum.
Who's that person  ::)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2008, 09:32:04 am »
What you don't realise is that the "investment" that he is talking about is taking out a franchise. He keeps trying to bring up the subject with threads like this and several of us, probably me most of all, keep opposing him.

I question his motives. Go back and look at what he is saying and you will realise what he is trying to do. He's trying to start a topic on investment hoping that it can be steered around to franchising. You can guess why.

He hides behind false names,  several in fact on this forum,  and pretends to be all innocent but he's not kosher.

One of the rules of this forum is that you are not allowed to use it to promote your own business interests.

Are you referring to Discount Window cleaning (possibly also known as Mr Solubility)?

macmac

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2008, 01:13:51 pm »
Mr. Sol

Please would you answer the following-

Why did you only spend 7k on your van when there are top of the range VW transporters out there for 23k? or, maybe, why not go & get one now?

Why don't you scrap your diy set up & go staight to Ionics to invest 15k?

At 52 &, in your own words "already a successful business man" now & before your w/cing venture, why are you not retired?

Look forward to your reply

regards

Tony

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2008, 07:58:29 pm »
deafening silence ???

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2008, 08:03:21 pm »
Nope, he's going through his library to find an answer no-one can understand, give him an hour or two. ;D