This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

water useage
« on: April 18, 2008, 10:27:03 am »
i talk to loads of people about water useage and some shock me on how much water they use

this week i did a job that took me just over 2 days, i have the water going all day long, with a hour ish dinner break. and only used 500 litres, 100psi pump and digi varistream on setting 1

when 2 of us go out for the day we rarely use more than 300 litres between us

Dean Aspects

Re: water useage
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 10:30:28 am »
I have done four full days this week (well my full days) and i have used less than 1000ltrs and i use quite a good flow rate dont know how some can use so much water it must come out the jets at the speed of a train

Dean

LWC

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 10:33:34 am »
here here

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 06:41:47 pm »
errrmmm  ::) ::) I used a little more than that, then again thinking about it I am doing 2 mens work, at a guess I have been using about 400L a day ish but yesterday I used about 550 as had a few first cleans and I wet them good to save hassle

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 07:00:35 pm »
I don't have too much trouble using 500 litres in a day - sometimes more if it's a busy one.  I don't have an electronic flow controller though.  I tend to have the flow full on at the tank and control the flow at the pole end.  It really does depend what sort of work I'm doing though.  If I'm doing maintenance cleans on glass that sheets well, obviously I will use a lot less water than on hydrophobic glass on first cleans.  When the situation is right, I can manage on 300 in a day.  I prefer to err on the side of caution though.  I've never forgotten that when I first started with WFP, I lost work probably by not using sufficient water.

I know I have a couple of years or more under my belt with WFP but I'm not above spending a day out with someone to see if I can learn a bit more.  Trouble is, I'm too busy to find the time at the moment.  Would like to in a couple of weeks or so though.

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 07:38:45 pm »
I don't have too much trouble using 500 litres in a day - sometimes more if it's a busy one.  I don't have an electronic flow controller though.  I tend to have the flow full on at the tank and control the flow at the pole end.  It really does depend what sort of work I'm doing though.  If I'm doing maintenance cleans on glass that sheets well, obviously I will use a lot less water than on hydrophobic glass on first cleans.  When the situation is right, I can manage on 300 in a day.  I prefer to err on the side of caution though.  I've never forgotten that when I first started with WFP, I lost work probably by not using sufficient water.

I know I have a couple of years or more under my belt with WFP but I'm not above spending a day out with someone to see if I can learn a bit more.  Trouble is, I'm too busy to find the time at the moment.  Would like to in a couple of weeks or so though.
your welcome to come out with me anytime  ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 07:58:44 pm »

Bit far away I think but you never know.

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 08:00:17 pm »

Bit far away I think but you never know.
I traveled  to coventry to see you  :P

geoffreyspecht

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 10:56:24 pm »
i  use at leat 500 litres per day

matt

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 12:42:05 pm »
150 L a day, doing upstairs and tricky downstairs ( with bushs etc etc )

works well enough for me