Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

david_green

Ncca and yellow pages
« on: April 13, 2008, 08:28:23 am »
Hi

Is yellow pages corporate ad. worthwhile? Any observations.

Thanks

Ken Wainwright

Re: Ncca and yellow pages
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 10:31:49 am »
My own needs and experiences, David, are not a good guideline, so it depends on what you want.

I'm in two Y/P's: SW B'ham, Bromsgrove & Redditch  and SE B'ham and Solihull.  The cost for both in the NCCA Corporate Heading is £114.00p

It does not generate a terrific number of enquiries, a common criticism of Y/P in general, but my experience is that the leads it does provide tends to be more serious enquiries and barely any price-shoppers.

If I did not receive any leads at all, I would still have a presence in Y/P as it is still, probably, the first place my existing customers will look if they've lost my phone number.

I regard Y/P as a necessary evil so have in recent years tended to use the lowest cost option ie NCCA Corporate Advertising.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Andy Foster

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 10:37:51 am »
Hi Ken

If it is just a reference for a phone number you need, then would a single line insertion in the YP not be sufficient?
And it's FREE!!!

Thoughts please

Andy

davep

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 10:51:48 am »
Free single line works well, i find people look for the first 3 digits to find a local company..  Big ds cost money and the custy knows they are paying for it  ;)

M.Acorn

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 11:02:10 am »
Am now in 2 yellow pages,just upgraded to 2 books now,nearly 3 grand in total.Reason why the bigger add with colour and pic paid for itself twice over ,i am right on the very edge of the book ,so a lot of the places the first book covers are right out of the way for me,so i tend to price a bit higher to cover fuel costs etc , meaning i lose out on some work to people who are nearer.
Have also gone for the second book since getting the big letting agy contract,need another point of contact for the letters being their designated c/cleaner.
Hoping that they will both pay for themselves this time around.Am also on the phone contact thing 24/7.com not sure how well this works though.
Don`t really do any more advertising though not any more ,have tried various others some of which were just pure cons ! learnt my lesson there though  ???
What goes around comes around