Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John Gregory

What would you use
« on: April 11, 2008, 07:53:45 pm »

Just done a quote on a property with beige tuffed wool carpets throughout the house , the customer seemed very particular , pointing out every spot and draft mark , The carpets are 4 years old never been cleaned , I'm thinking Pre spray gold but not sure if I would get the desired result.   I won't to try and keep the PH as low as possible so I can sell on a protecter

What do you reckon lads

Thanks     John

maxcarpets

Re: What would you use
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 08:01:28 pm »
pre spray gold always gets superb results, in my opinion.

Justin

Neil Grainger

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 08:46:00 pm »
Pre Spray Gold will have little effect on Draft Marks, You will need Ultra Pac for that.

Did you survey and tell customer about what will come out and wont come out, if they point out every thing thats wrong it normally means they want it all out and wont be happy if its not perfect.

John Gregory

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 09:01:43 pm »
Neil,  of course I did a survey and I no I've got a bit of a bit of hard work with ultra pac etc, the customer is a local PM and I wont to excel my self as a local business , I was hoping for advice on chems   

Thanks  John

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 09:07:48 pm »
Ultrapak, Liquigel and Zap it are good on draft marks.

Shaun

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 09:14:10 pm »
I won't to try and keep the PH as low as possible so I can sell on a protecter

I think Ultra Pac is too alkaline for wool, I would use Traffic Lane remover for the draft marks.
You should then use an acid rinse to cancell out this alkalinity. This before applying protector.
What chems are you using at present? M/S is probably the prefered method these days for general wool carpet cleaning.

Mike Roper

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 09:30:29 pm »
Just to pick up on the thought of keeping the ph down for a protector , what is needed before applying a protector is to leave the carpet as residue free  as poss. which would mean either fresh water rinse or acidic rinse in the tank , let your prespray do the work.
Mike

lands

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 09:32:21 pm »
I agree with Neil, that said if the DMs are that bad have a small spayer bottle of Ultrapac made up and use the traffic clean normally (if the carpets are that bad) and use a good dilution of acid rinse, this will ensure that the alkilinity is not left high enough to disrupt the affectiveness of the guard.

You can also dab the DMs with a terry dipped in white spirit as Dougs session at the CCDO highlighted.

Pete

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 10:02:20 pm »
Pete that Enviro dry is spot on or should I say spot off!

£10 tip today because the carpet was left dry and fluffy, I only charged £8 to clean the tru lounge.

Shaun

*paul_moss

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 10:07:27 pm »
Shaun are you now using an envirodri :o
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

Neil Grainger

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2008, 10:15:40 pm »
sorry, John was not teaching you how to survey, nothing ment by it. I use Ultra but make sure i dont let it dry out before extraction. Traffic is good aswell

DM's are a pain because they always come back.

carpet guy

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 10:53:21 pm »
What's a draught mark ?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 10:56:50 pm »
Robert check your boxer shorts ;D

Paul thanks for the email, yes I got an Envirodry from Pete's contact.

Pete did you get my email yesterday?

Shaun

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 11:04:42 pm »
I would use pre spray gold and dependent upon backing if not jute then id use Fibresafe gold in the extractor  .................ultrapac for bad draught marks if filter out didn't work first.

carpet guy

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 11:33:05 pm »
Easy answer then Shaun, Daz Bio.......................the daft question was deliberate, but not meant to be fascetious.

My intention was to get people thinking about what they were dealing with, before throwing an arsenal of chemicals at something which might be better treated as " dry soiling "

rob

richie

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2008, 12:53:14 am »
For the General cleaning of the carpet i would use Prochem Pure Clean,  it should get most of the general spots out too.  The draft marks are always going to be difficult.  I have used many products in the past (PC Citrus Gel, HM OJ, Solutions & One Step & many others).  Light draft marks normally come out however,  i have always struggled on heavy draft marks.

Richie.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2008, 09:26:56 am »
John,
I assume you have informed the custy that the filtration marks may not fully come out. Having done that, personally, what I would do is - prespray with M/S, pure clean or other and then rinse with Ultimate Master or Hydra Dri. This will bring up as good a result as any, and will be okay to apply protector afterwards, although I dont think they work as well on cleaned carpets as they do on new, no matter how neutral you leave the carpet.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Daveyboy

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2008, 01:44:29 pm »
Haven't tried it yet but Doug Holloway says he gets good results on draft marks with his default stain treatment: white spirit. As shown at CCDO.