Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

colin jones

Steempro service
« on: April 10, 2008, 02:55:51 pm »
Hi
Looking for some direction on this.
I've had my Prochem Steempro Powerplus for 4 years, doing c/c as a side for my contract cleaning jobs.
C/c starting to pick up, and just got contract to clean carpets in a  couple of dozen blocks of flats, to pto bottom.
the last thing i want is for machine to fail half way through contract. The machine is working fine the now, but how could I tell if vacs aren't at full suction, or if the pump is okay.
Not sure if it's a Shurflo pump or Flojet - would a simple look at pump tell me? i've been told that if it's a Shurflo it'll probably need replaced. Where would you recommend as new pump suplier.

Many thanks in advance, and I apologise if this post sounds daft.

Cheers

Colin ???

Neil Grainger

Re: Steempro service
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 03:02:44 pm »
Try Prochem, they would give you a list of local suppliers that will give you all the info you need.

Cheers

Neil

lands

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 03:03:56 pm »
Also, The vacs start to make a bit of a screaming noise when they are on the way out so this will warn you that they need changing.

markpowell

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 07:13:35 pm »
you can remove the pump and look at the bushes in the bell end if they are worn replace for around £30.00 its a simple diy job
mark

spindle

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 07:25:15 pm »
if u have had it for 4 years.maybe its due a service ;)

life is one big learning experience!!!!!!!