Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Susan Dean (1stclean)

ccdo show report for those that didnt go
« on: April 09, 2008, 07:12:39 pm »
fristly i would like to thank express cleaning supplies and all that run the clean it up web site for letting the guys use there fourm for promoteing the show it just goes to show how there willing and able there are to help the cleaning trade itself remove forward well done hats off to you guys

it all started about four months ago with fourm rumors about a cleaning show that was going to be diffent to what we have all  seen in the past . a show run by cleaners for cleaners and how many times have we heard that ???

it wasnt long befour many started to knock the show,  and many topics and diffent veiws wipped  around the many fourms there are now  quicker then most people could read them , many in the trade even said it would nt happen .  i was one of them that thought it was all talk until a date was set and people started seeing that some of the biggest hitters in the trade were backing these two young lads.  it wasnt until this point that peoples ears start to pick up and with alittle help from a couple of people behind the scenes that put one of the biggest car shows on in the u.k. did people relise that this just may work and people started to commit to going

after finding the hotel no thanks to our trusty sat nav we booked in and headed  for the bar were we  bumped into stev gunn ,  we followed him to the back room where  about 20 or so guys were sat round chatting , and as soon as we entered the room paul moss was there  telling us who was who .  i then knew if the rest of the show was going to be as friendly as this we were in for a good show  !

on the sunday night  them that said there were just going to have a couple and go to bed should of known better  ! after the evening meal that lets just say was poor ! the real party started,  people  mixed and swaped veiws about anything and everything to do with cleaning it was great to see people like dave liahona which is one at the top of the pile when it comes to cleaning talking and helping susan dean out which is maybe one of the cheaper cleaners around  and many more were picking paul mosses brain about leather  cleaning while the beer was following these was a topic  for all , everybody and everybodys veiws were diffent it sent my head spinning

there was no putting each other down and everybody was showing people respect !  that was a refeshing change to see and the night passed quikly very quickly we  headed for bed at midnight ! there were many more  that stopped up until 5am ! your know who you are ! beer monsters

we got too the show at 8am where it was already happening john kelly was there getting his new prowler out of his van and setting up the hall was already haevying  with people chatting and haveing coffee the traders were already set up and talking to everybody  the room was one big hussle of people enjoying each others company and talking about cleaning

at 9ish people broke off in too  two  groups,  we joined dave liahonas group only too see him takeing a hose pipe to a rug !!! yes i garden hose ! we were just one out of  many people that stood there with our chins on the floor  it wasnt for the faint harted,  i can tell you that what a sight to see if you ever get the chanse to see him doing this its a must !

we poped in the the back to the second group half way thorw the season  to see paul moss stood there like an old head master from school giveing  his tips on how to clean leather we spok to a few that did the full corse and they said it was great and well worth the trip just for that alone

we sat on all the corses due to the time we had we couldnt stay for the full corse  as we want to see what people were saying about the show and gauge the feelings people had ,

doug hollway had everybody stood there mouths wide open, pete sweeny give a good talk about price shoppers  , as did chis straker on green and eco cleaning , mike boxall was  there all day helping people out with there web sites and giveing them some good pointers

there wasnt that many traders there but the ones that took timeout too surpport  this show enjoyed it,  and said it was one of the best in years and would be back to do it again !

for the first show ive  got to say if you didnt go because you read silly  posts on other fourms then you missed out on one neatest shows ive ever been too , no hard pushing from traders , no people falling out , people giveing tips away to make you more money it does nt get better then that ! one thing for sure it will be back next year i will be there like a shot and if you go why not make a weekend of it we will be and if that means refuseing work then so be it   

with all shows its down the the people that attend if you dont get stuck in and enjoy it you wont,  i only heard of one bad comment the whole day about someone that said it was boring  :o well all ive got to say is you think that  you can do better speak  to jay or pete and lets see what you can bring to the table , as for the 35 pounds it was cheap !  i doubled my money on the way home with the frist job that booked in ! buy offering extra srevices anthor tip i pick up from one of the talks !

this show will get bigger and better each year so dont miss out i already know theres going to be more traders there next year

susan and julian   pics

dave and paul getting dirty

clean that rug ! dave

dinner time and people chatting half in the hall half outside in smokers corner

Kev Loomes

Re: ccdo show report for those that didnt go
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 08:11:38 pm »
Well said Sue!

We'll definately be at the next one and may even go to the Hydramaster one in Aug - cos I heard there's free beer and the accomodation cheap ;D

Kev

lands

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 08:18:15 pm »
Great post Sue and thanka again for all your help.

And your right, next year will be bigger and better. Surprised someone found it boring but hey you can' please everyone all the time so lets us know what we need to do and if we can we will.

Pete

John Kelly

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 09:08:38 pm »
It was only Billy who was bored so don't worry. Genuine.

Jason Hedges

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 09:27:40 pm »
Thanks Susan and Julian, great report. Thanks for all your help :)

Few more interesting pictures from the day:

The new prowler:

The new hydramaster evolution wand:

Dave Lees awesome setup:

Dave said "abracadabra" and the rug lifted in the air: ;D

All the best,
Jason.

Len Gribble

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 01:58:11 am »
Good post Sue also nice meeting you and Julian

Didn’t know Dave had a pitch witch now that a bit of equipment I would have like to seen

Colin

You need a haircut  :D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)