Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shirl

Puzzi 100 a mixed bag of reviews?
« on: April 07, 2008, 11:21:57 am »
Guys

I've spent the last few hours going through all the history on here regarding the Puzzi 100.  It seems a lot of you don't like it because its just not strong/fast enough for a pro.  Other people say its fantastic for spotting and doing the stairs.

So am I right in thinking that its actually not a bad machine if you arent in a rush and you don't need the carpets dry straight away.

The reason I'm asking is that I need a small machine that I can store away at a low price.  I'm only going to use it once every week or so to do family/friends carpets and uphostery, if it takes me all day then thats fine.

Under these circumstances, does it do a good job?

I've seen them on ebay pretty cheap but I am worried about them being too much of a 'toy' after reading reports on here.

Cheers
Shirl

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

Re: Puzzi 100 a mixed bag of reviews?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 11:30:52 am »
Dont know about the Puzzi, but identify your carpet fibers and backings first, as well as your solutions as the last thing you want to do is have colour dye bleed or shrink a carpet.
Hope it helps
Aidan
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk

klinger (spa clean)

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 01:07:45 pm »
simarlary priced but with 2 vac motors(stronger suction) and its tougher is the numatic CDT 572, roughly the same size as well.
klinger of spa clean.

sherco

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 01:24:30 pm »
What about a Prochem Galaxy, go to www.olympiccleaning.com
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Shirl

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 01:29:25 pm »
Thanks guys.

Aidan thank you for that.  There is a lot to this c/c and I'm trying to learn as much as possible.

Klinger, the Numatic is around £500- £600 so its more than I can afford.  I can get a Puzzi for a couple of hundred off ebay.  The Numatic looks good but its more than I need for my little jobs :)

Sherco I had a look but at around a thousand its way beyond what I need.  I'm not in the business, so won't be recouping my costs.  Thats why i'm hoping to get some feedback on the Puzzi as its a good price

klinger (spa clean)

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 02:35:29 pm »
Shirl theres one on ebay now £300 used twice.Just type in numatic(search) and scroll down just over half way. They really are so much better than a puzzi!
klinger of spa clean.

Shirl

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 02:49:00 pm »
Thanks Klinger, I'm onto it.  I only searched for them new.

PS wish I could afford this... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ninja-comercial-carpet-cleaner_W0QQitemZ300213080529QQihZ020QQcategoryZ43015QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Shirl

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 03:45:58 pm »

klinger (spa clean)

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 04:09:28 pm »
Just stick in there, they come up regularly, good luck.
klinger of spa clean.

gwrightson

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 04:59:17 pm »
Shirl,
dont know if your interested ,but I have a cfr 1000psi i could do with getting rid of to make some room,
not used it now for over a year, but pump is fine and vac motor works fine.
always been a good machine, but is looking a little scathed now and could do with a couple of self tappers here and there just to fix the side panes rigid. apart from that its a workhorse.
around £300 its yours, you will need to pick it up obviously.
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Shirl

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 05:20:19 pm »
Hi Geoff I've mailed you  :)

carpet guy

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 07:55:29 am »
Shirl

Your post has me a little confused........................you want a small carpet cleaner to use once a week to clean carpets for Friends and Relatives.

Why would you clean carpets Weekly ?

If you really intend doing so, then your best option might be one of the machines aimed at the non commercial market, as they will probably cope. Why would you love to afford something like a Ninja, or large twinvac commercial machine.....................surely not to have it stand around all week.

Have you any idea how heavy these machines are, or the space they take up ?

rob

Shirl

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 09:04:28 am »
Hi Rob.

I don't actually mean that the same carpet will be cleaned weekly, let me explain better :-)

I have big dogs (boxers) who have the run of the house and the hair (and god knows what else) they shed is incredible, especially at this time of year.  My mother's house is the same and she has been trying to get by with a little vax machine. 

We as a family also own a few tenanted properties and its been a real challenge for my kirby shampooer to get the carpets clean enough so I don't have to replace them every six months.

So when I do clean the carpets I want good results and that cant be acheived with a cleaner from Argos. 

The cleaner will get used probably once a week,  by either myself or one of my family.  This is why I want something entry level commercial thats compact enough to be stored easily but will still do a good job.

To be honest I've looked at domestic carpet cleaners and you are going to pay a couple of hundred pounds for one of them, I'd rather get a used machine thats tons better for the same money.

I was looking at the Puzzi and now the Numatic after Klingers recommendation.  Geoffs machine is a bit 'overkill' for what I need.

So now I've explained myself.... whats your recommendation?  :-)

carpet guy

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 07:48:15 pm »
For your purpose the Puzzi will cope, but the problem of animal hairs will only be resolved by a good upright vac, as all c/c machines will leave a lot of dog hair behind.

I have a dog and three teenagers to cope with and have found the Dyson machine to be best at animal hair removal and that includes commercials, but it MUST be emptied daily.

For carpet edges at skirting boards, one of these rubber bristle brushes are really good, or the edge of a trainer not a smooth soled type.

Karcher have a newer model which appears to be better value...............might be worth your while checking it out. 

As mentioned...................the daily use of a good vacuum is the most important part of maintaining the carpets.

Our labrador could cast like an Olympian champion

Shirl

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2008, 09:42:05 pm »
Hi Carpet guy.
Interesting you mention Dyson as I could'nt get on with mine and went back to a trusty Kirby.  I've had them for twenty years and they just seem so reliable.

I will look at that Karcher.  I have seen it but it seems a little underpowered even for my needs lol.

I stumbled across this Sabrina for £395 which seems very cheap.  They are £750+ on other sites.  http://www.machinesthatclean.com/special_offers.htm    Its in black which seems odd as they are all blue.

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 09:54:39 pm »
I use a Sabrina for spotting and upholstery excellent mc, and its good as a tiny back up, the wand can be used for hard floors as well as carpets.
Great little mc, would recommend. Regarding your comment about getting cleaner from Argos, dont, just find a distributor who sells the solutions they are  cheaper and better. If you put shampoo in an extraction mc you will end up with a foaming disaster....
Aidan
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk

Shirl

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 10:07:26 pm »
That sabrina seems a very good price and looking through the search files on here shows its quite a decent machine for the money.  I'll ring them in the morning.

Chemicals.... hmmm thats my next little search.  Getting good cleaning chemicals.  Also going to need some degreaser as my chemical injection steamer is coming on Saturday yaaay!  ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 10:23:42 pm »
I think the Sabrina will be a better machine all round as teh wand is far better and easier to use.

It's not just the power of the machine but the tools :o try to get products that are low or non foaming as your machine will like you for it and last longer, alot of degreasers are foaming so ask around, the professional ones are far better and if you aggitate first using a brush then the job becomes easier and quicker (watch out for shrinkage and possible dye run)

Shaun

carpet guy

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 11:00:48 pm »
The Sabrina is definitely far superior to the Puzzi, but you gave the impression your budget was around the £200 to £300 mark.

I'd also agree the Kirby is an excellent machine, but extremely heavy and uses paper bags.

happy hunting

Shirl

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2008, 07:53:07 am »
Hi

Yes my budget is around the £300 mark however that Sabrina is £395 and I never expected to get a new machine of that quality in my budget.  I've looked around and its £700+ everywhere else so its a massive bargain and worth stretching myself for.

With the Kirby.  I have one of those Baird meters with the black cloth bag.  I usually use this instead of a bag as its just emptied out after every use and is re-useable.  Its what kirby give to its demonstrators.  I've also got the dirt meter for doing mattresses to see what comes out... not what you want to do after breakfast, yuk!  :o