Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Roger Koh

How-To: Why do you strip faded dyes from Aniline leather?
« on: April 06, 2008, 06:51:44 am »
How-To: Why do you strip faded dyes from Aniline leather?

How do you strip dyes from leather? You can certainly strip finish and pigments but not dyes. Aniline dyes do not usually require any sort of stripping and this job seems extremely over complicated and overpriced for what it is. 
Much quicker and less complex methods and products are available to get fantastic results on aniline leathers. Unquote

Leather Doctor® System has three different types of aniline dyes with its correspondence Fix or Top Coat.

suedeDye24™
nubuckDye29™ > nubuckFix99™
anilineDye21™ > anilineTop54HG™ or anilineTop54M™

You are right we can’t strip dyes that are not film forming like nubuckDye29™ or suedeDye24™.

But we can certainly strip anilineDye21™ because it is based on a very Soft Permeable Transparent Film with a Soft Urethane Top Coat.

These stidd® pilot aniline seats have both a suedeDye24 that is “dye-through” and a surface dye that is “dye-on” with a matched Top Coat.

In this instance we are stripping the Top Coat and the “dye-on” which has faded and to be re-dyed (dye-on) with anilineDye21™ with matching Top Coat.

Complete stripping off the Top Coat and faded “dye-on” allow direct access to proper fatliquoring that will again rejuvenated the leather once again.

Otherwise the leather may dry out and crack before the aniline “dye-on” fades again.

As I said this job is underpriced for $5995.00 if the customer is trilled with the job.

It will be overpriced if he is not happy.

I can fool once but can I fool twice?

Robert, the president of Offshore Interiors Inc – which builds luxury into yachts will testify when he picks up - “sees”, “feels” and “smells” these leathers.

Reports back to the owners before he reassemble them onto the yacht.

I’m waiting to put out my head to be chopped, if I fail to deliver as promised.

Equals or even better than brand new!

A stidd® standard is the bench mark for this job.

Not mine, owner or Robert’s.

Robert has seen more of these chairs than I do.

A credible man ought to know what luxury is before he can successfully put luxury into other peoples yacht.

These stidd® seats owner are from the U.S. (Montana).

Why all the way to Leather Doctor® Canada?

There must be a reason!

“Word of Mouth”, I was told!

“Straight from the horse's mouth”!

Build your reputation and jobs from far and near will come to you by the word of mouth from customers that become client that becomes unpaid cheer leaders.

Hope soon you will embrace the Leather Doctor® System too!

I can supply!

You can multiply!

Roger Koh
Leather Doctor® System
IICRC #942 Certified
Leather Cleaning Technician
Master Textile Cleaner
Master Fire & Smoke Restorer
Journeyman Water Restorer
www.f.com

Roger Koh

Re: How-To: Why do you strip faded dyes from Aniline leather?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 08:42:00 am »
How do you strip dyes from leather?
You can certainly strip finish and pigments but not dyes.

Aniline dyes do not usually require any sort of stripping and this job seems extremely over complicated and overpriced for what it is.  Much quicker and less complex methods and products are available to get fantastic results on aniline leathers. 

This picture shows another proof of contrary to the above statement!
This Aniline Wax Pull-Up Dye Finishes was “stripped” during a paint-spill-panic-clean-up with regret!

Roger Koh

Re: How-To: Why do you strip faded dyes from Aniline leather?
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 08:50:30 am »
This picture shows complete restoration by the Leather Doctor® System with:

spotter4.6™ >

superClean4.0™ >

cleaner3.8™ >

rinse3.0™ >

fatliquor5.0™ >

waxEffect9.9™ >

adhesion73™ >

anilineDye21™ >

anilineTop54HG™ >

leatherScent’D™.

Please share with us your claims on . . .

"Much quicker and less complex methods and products are available to get fantastic results on aniline leathers". 

Roger Koh

Roger Koh

A Testomonial... of the above Aniline Wax Pull-Up Refinishing Job
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 09:11:13 am »
Hello Roger , My testamonial.....

My son was repsitioning a paint tray and spilled the yellow latex out of the corner ,about half a litre...

It landed on the last cushion and arm rest ,pouring down the side to the floor,

I had watewr and a few towels in 2 minutes and wipped all paint off in about 10 minutes .

We were left with the outline of the spill since it had disolved the surface coatings of the leather.

The customer and I checked yellow pages and the only capable responce was yours.

One response was from a franchise but they only did car repairs, couch was too big.

You came across as very expierienced in just this sort of work .

Your brochure says it all .

Total restoration of furniture.

What made my situation more difficult was not satisfying me but the customer, and matching the twin couch at the home.

Your work is like an art form and you need to be left with the job to get best results.

Your probaly the only one in town who could handle this problem,  after finding the right recipe to complete the finish you were able to complete the project.

Only when I put it back with the customer did we know for sure and it was accepted, that was the true acid test , and you succeeded.

A job well done , Roger, your a true LEATHER DOCTOR...!

I will be able to retain her as a customer for future painting if needed.

...Again thanks for your valued work and will reffer you whenever possible.

Have a good day ,

John.