Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave_Lee

Not new van.
« on: April 05, 2008, 12:52:22 am »
My new vans not new anymore! You know when you get a new van, its nice and shiny and keeps that new interior smell, that new vehicles have for what seems like ages. You feel great, but you know deep in your heart that that the novelty wont last. It starts to wain little by little, beginning with the first time you have to refill the tank, then its first wash and shine. Then lo and behold the first dent, and you get so mad, it preys on your mind, its too small to call in the insurance, but its big enough and so obvious that you look for it everytime you are walking back to the van.
Well today not only managed the first dent, but flooded the thing when refilling the water tank and the hose connector came addrift, then a huge gust of wind blew the van rear door from 90 degrees open to 180, breaking an internal restainer bracket.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Jason Hedges

Re: Not new van.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 03:35:20 am »
Dave thats what you get for buying a new van ;)

Buy an old transit like mine, I dont care if the wind blows my doors open as the brackets are already broken. As for a dent, it will add to the many already.

Had new vans, better things to worry about, nice however they are :)

All the best,
Jason.

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 08:12:18 am »
Dave,

The depreciation will divert your attention away from small dents.

Do you have a Chips Away or Dentmaster type franchise near you, they are very reasonable.

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 08:15:43 am »
Dent Wizard took little dink out back door of my Combo when it was 2 weeks old ............. Lambeth binman and stray wheelie bin .......... made them pay the £99 as well  ;D

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 09:18:38 am »
lololol dave look at my new van one day old and only 300 miles on the clock and 9k to fix

been like this from 2nd of march it may not look that bad but it needs two raer doors , rear floor, passneger side rear pilla full frontend , inc, rad, aircon rad , starter motor, alt, streeting rack and a full panit !

liahona

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 09:38:52 am »
Mine is 7 years old now and needs a bit of attention.  I usually fix it up over the Christmas period but my medical bills have kind of taken over all my finances.

Sight or nice van?  The eyes one!  Well eye one.

elite mike

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 09:43:50 am »
Mine is 7 years old now and needs a bit of attention.  I usually fix it up over the Christmas period but my medical bills have kind of taken over all my finances.

Sight or nice van?  The eyes one!  Well eye one.

was it laser eye surgery by any chance??

liahona

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 10:00:49 am »
Mike, I wish thats only a few hundred quid.

Best, Dave

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 01:58:36 pm »
Dave

Have you not been in good Health

All the best do not suppose we will have time to chat on Monday .

Dave_Lee

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 03:28:50 pm »
Its only a small dent, now Susan, thats what I call a DENT! or few. Anyway see you all(or most) on Monday, snow or no snow.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 07:09:47 pm »
Its only a small dent, now Susan, thats what I call a DENT! or few. Anyway see you all(or most) on Monday, snow or no snow.
Dave.

will be nice to catch up mate ill will be vanless so will be my mums micra as hubby wont take the evo out in bad weather its a man thing

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 09:01:48 pm »
Dave, your van and machine are a piece of crap anyway, so stop bitching!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 09:22:16 pm »
I once had a Rolls Royce Corniche (went into the wedding business) and I spun it taking her to the church, she wasn't best pleased.

Shaun