Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Kettless

Hands Free Van/car kits
« on: April 05, 2008, 12:04:02 am »
I was speaking with a mate of mine earlier today, who told me that he was caught using his mobile phone in the van whilst on the move.  Big fine and points on the way.... :'(

It has really made me think, and I hate the in-ear bluetooth head sets, so I was wondering if any of you have a hands free kit, parrot, bury et al.

If so, how do you find them as I really do not know where to start. Halfords have a parrot for approx £100 which I do not think is unreasonable.

Many thanks in advance

Complete Cleaning "you really can tell the difference"

Dave_Lee

Re: Hands Free Van/car kits
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 12:55:29 am »
Ive seen radios with hands free built in, in Halfords, and wondered how good they were?
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Jason Hedges

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 03:46:01 am »
You can either get a setup built in which includes a cradle to rest your phone in which charges it at the same time. Totally hands free as there is a microphone mounted in the cab and seperate speaker or combined with stereo speakers.

Or you can just buy a mobile with a decent loudspeaker so you can speak hands free whilst driving. I have a nokia 6300. Easy to use ang really good loudspeaker good to use while driving.

Lots of options available.

All the best,
Jason.

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 06:50:21 am »
I bought Steve Gunns van and he left a Parrot in it.
Very good piece of kit.
Model I have CK3100 is about £75, uses radio speakers and interupts radio when making/rceiving call.
If your mobile is switched on and in your pocket (say) then as you switch ignition on Parrot finds your mobile - nothing for you to do.
Also downloads all your contacts, allowing you to scroll thro contacts on screen on the Parrot.

Similar question asked in the "Other non-cleaning related topics" about 10 days ago - you may want to follow it.

Cant understand people who dont use handsfree of some sort - deserve what they get when caught.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 06:53:03 am »
Ive seen radios with hands free built in, in Halfords, and wondered how good they were?
Dave.

there great i got one with my new van its a parrot but built in to the c.d. player so no little screen to been seen  ;D

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 07:29:10 am »
Got Parrot (Not Built in ) its the one that clicks on your sun visor there about £60, pretty crap, as the noise from the van is too much for it, and no one can here you unless you are going about 40mph, earpiece better, but if I use the parrot in the car its great.
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk

Ian Rochester

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 07:59:06 am »
I started this thread off the other week http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=51638.0#msg441377

We got the MK6100 and it's an excellent bit of kit, it's easy enough to fit yourself as long as you have the tools for removing your radio.

They work off bluetooth and with the one I got there is a lcd display to show who's calling and you can scroll through the functions to look in your phonebook, call lists, etc, you can even play your MP3 music through it.....just my phone hasn't got an MP3 player on it and I haven't got a bluetooth MP3 player either ;D 

But I will have come July when I can upgrade to an all singing all dancing phone.

I can hear people well enough when I'm driving but if the road noise is too bad then people sometimes struggle to hear me clearly.

Paul Kettless

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 12:12:50 pm »
Thanks for the reply guys, I think the one that I was looking at was the same as Joe's.  I did wonder what the sound quality would be like, as it can be quite noisey in the cab at high speed.

Happy to spend £75, and thanks for the link lionheart.

Regards
Paul

Edit: typos

M.Acorn

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 02:39:08 pm »
I just use the headset that came with my phone ,use it to listen to music while i work so it`s easy to take calls
What goes around comes around

Joe H

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 04:15:06 pm »
Thanks for the reply guys, I think the one that I was looking at was the same as Joe's.  I did wonder what the sound quality would be like, as it can be quite noisey in the cab at high speed.
Happy to spend £75, and thanks for the link lionheart.
Regards
Paul
Edit: typos
Obviously position the microphone as near as possible to you.
Quality over the speakers in my Cit Relay is good even at higher speeds.

colin thomas

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 07:06:16 pm »
i'm with joe hatton on this one, i really can't understand anyone who risks 3 points and a fine for the sake of just wearing an earpiece or using a hands-free, i use a wrap around the ear jabra and it is so comfortable i forget i have it on, it's also great for answering the phone while still working,

colin
colin thomas

Deep Clean Newcastle Gateshead

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 07:54:56 pm »
Did you know you can get three points and a fine for just holding the phone even if you have got hands free on, so when you are typing in the number to call some one, you can get done for it!!!
Northumberland, Newcastle & Gateshead Carpet Cleaning
http://www.deepclean-uk.co.uk

roger underhill

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 01:24:56 am »
Hi,
I use my tomtom 720 sat nav, it has good sound quality and connects and disconnects with phone automatically
Family business founded in 1985

Chris_Thomas

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 08:27:35 pm »
Hi,
I use my tomtom 720 sat nav, it has good sound quality and connects and disconnects with phone automatically

Wish mine would >:(
Shame it's not compatible with all bluetooth phones.

carpet guy

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 09:18:58 pm »
Totally agree with CBT, I don't understand how anyone can fault a bluetooth type set up, you can continue using it while working and will NEVER MISS A CALL..........

stevegunn

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 09:14:58 pm »
Did you know you can get three points and a fine for just holding the phone even if you have got hands free on, so when you are typing in the number to call some one, you can get done for it!!!

With the parrot you can programme it so it activates with your voice say a name in your phonebook and it dials the number

Paul Kettless

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 10:11:05 pm »
Big thanks guys for the pointers, have made my mind up that it will be the parrot.  Really do not like wearing the hands free ear pieces, do not know why but they iritate me big time.