Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stuart_clark

Cold Water Cleaning
« on: April 04, 2008, 09:12:09 am »
This is a message for all the cold water cleaning sceptics on this forum including {Jason Hedges} I cleaned a three bedroom rental propety yesterday in middlesbrough, All the carpets were polyprop and trashed! We had to clean it with stone cold water as there wan't anything else available ! We used M Power and a drop of Craftex Lavender deodouriser in the cold water rinse, the carpets cleaned very well, and we managed to completely remove the very strong stench of cigerette smoke ! no offence meant if you are a smoker !

regards Stu Clark

klinger (spa clean)

Re: Cold Water Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 09:21:32 am »
Would the result have been just as good with wool or woolmix?I,m not suggesting anything its a genuine question,  ???
klinger of spa clean.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 02:56:27 pm »
This is 80/20 in Wimbledon i did yesterday ........ couple moving in and gas not on yet so water was freezing ........ black stains all down stairs/landings .............this result was with M Power spray then Pureclean rinse  ;D

gwrightson

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 03:02:29 pm »

Only one answer to your post Stuart.

You stick to cold water and M power   ;) !!

I will stick to as hot as the cicumstances will allow.

Geoff

who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

klinger (spa clean)

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 03:09:59 pm »
Did the biz, question answered! We,re all probably going to be in a situation where for some reason hot water isnt an option...it just shows that all isnt lost if it happens and you dont have to necessarily just leave it and go.
klinger of spa clean.

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 03:17:03 pm »
When using eco/green approach ............ cold try first is simpler.

Why use energy to heat water if not needed ......... some of my customers ask that question anyway .......... luckily Pureclean dissolves nicely in cold water  :D

C.C.S.

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 03:43:59 pm »
hot water opens fibres so that the soiling/sticky stuff can be removed & the particles move quicker when cleaned with heat, resulting in faster drying times. every system has it place & uses, hot water every time for me. C.C.S.

gwrightson

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 03:46:54 pm »
Out of interest Chris,
What percentage of your customers would you say?" Ask that question anyway" because to be honest I find it very difficult to believe that customers are so concered about the energy that is going saved by not having the water heated that they would mention it at all. If they were so concered to the point of mentioning it, I cant imagine what they do their everday washing  and bathing in :-[  
and, do they all ride bikes or walk every where? infact do they eat nothing but raw food and salads? because heating some water up wont make one bit of difference. Perhaps, it just makes them feel better :-\

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

stuart_clark

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 05:51:10 pm »
Geoff
I use anything I can get my hands on , but if there is only cold water comming through the tap, then thats what I have to use, I still use detergents! good god I still have a garage full of them, I have cleaned a three piece suite today, the customer thought she would have a go with her vaperetto first! you can imagne what it looked like, anyway I cleaned that with number 2 MS and hot water rinse! you see Geoff I do use hot water when its available!!!

Karl Wildey

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 05:54:10 pm »
you can clean with cold water, but its loads easier to clean carpets with hot water.
Cold water don't disolve tar, grease, blue tac, etc. Hot water does therefore making it easier to clean carpets with hot rather than cold water.

And I mean hot

gwrightson

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 06:04:38 pm »
Stu,

Nice to know you use hot when you can,
i got the impession you were advocating cold water cleaning , " my apoligies"
would still like to Know your answer Chris , to my earlier question

geoff

*paul_moss

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 06:11:48 pm »
This is a message for all the cold water cleaning sceptics on this forum including {Jason Hedges} I cleaned a three bedroom rental propety yesterday in middlesbrough, All the carpets were polyprop and trashed! We had to clean it with stone cold water as there wan't anything else available ! We used M Power and a drop of Craftex Lavender deodouriser in the cold water rinse, the carpets cleaned very well, and we managed to completely remove the very strong stench of cigerette smoke ! no offence meant if you are a smoker !

regards Stu Clark

Stu, that Craftex Lavender deodouriser is good stuff  ;)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

stuart_clark

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 06:17:50 pm »
Geoff, I use a Scorpian and as you probably know it dosent have a heater, but it is possible to clean with stone cold water if there isn't any hot available, I have only cleaned using cold water on four occasions in the last three months, and if I can get hot water thats what I use.
Although i have used Chemspecs detergents for many years, I am using M Power and other MS and getting very good results
I am nit sure whether its the power of the scorpian, but when i tried MS with my Ninja I never got the results that I am seeing now
Best regards Stu Clark

stuart_clark

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 06:37:26 pm »
Chris, that Pureclean rinse looks impressive! used with M Power, who makes this product and what is the dilution ratio ?

Joe H

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 06:56:01 pm »
Hi Stuart

Pureclean is by Prochem.
Someoone on here was praising it a few months ago so I got some from the sponsors of this site.
On its own I didnt think it was working as well as M-Power / Nemesis Super and so I stopped using it.
Then Chris and Spencer posted they use it in the rinse as a final kick so I started using it again and continue to do so.
Tubs in the van at the moment but it is economical to use so I think I will be getting more to carry on using it in the rinse.

and regard cold water carpet cleaning. Im the same as you, prefer to use hot water if available but when the tap is only cold I have the confidence that M-Power will do its job.

Jeff Lydon/Greenie

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 09:06:44 pm »
When using eco/green approach ............ cold try first is simpler.

Why use energy to heat water if not needed ......... some of my customers ask that question anyway .......... luckily Pureclean dissolves nicely in cold water  :D

I was born at night, but not last night.
Even caveman knew the value of fire.

ps: all carpets clean faster and better with hot water and certainly dry faster.
Why even pay lip service to second best? give em what they paid for.

lands

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 09:42:06 pm »
If Doug was not in Paris I think I can safely say he would say this.

Molecules in hot water expand and/becasue they have more energy so they work harder. End of.

don't believe me?

Get a plate with dried egg on it and pour some fairly liquid on half (cold) and some very hot water on the other half (no fairy) and scrub both. Nothing else needs to be said.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 09:57:47 pm »
you can clean a carpet to a good standard with cold water, but it takes longer. You have to pre-spray scrub and let it dwell then it will clean up great. This is Ok if you have plenty of time but if your aim is to make money then it pays to clean the carpet as quick as possible ( but still to the highest standard as possible) I can clean a carpet with hot water a lot quicker, which mean I can do more work and earn more money.

But you need the work, no point piling through the job if you haven't another job to go to.

I also hate dragging in the rotory and waiting around for the pre-spray to work, high heat just makes it easier.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

ollie

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2008, 10:04:24 pm »
What about the triangle? Chemical, temp, aggitation? If you lack one improve on the other two.
ollie